IGNORED

Jack Butland

I like Butland but I really do not think this is where we should be spending what money we do have to spend. Howard's declined a bit for sure but he's still more than capable and has in fact been our best player the past two matches. We need to add some depth in order to really challenge for a CL spot or at least lock down a Europa spot. Once we get into one of those competitions we'll have some money to spend on a long-term player like Butland.

I like Butland but I really do not think this is where we should be spending what money we do have to spend. Howard's declined a bit for sure but he's still more than capable and has in fact been our best player the past two matches. We need to add some depth in order to really challenge for a CL spot or at least lock down a Europa spot. Once we get into one of those competitions we'll have some money to spend on a long-term player like Butland.

I would normally agree with you but its not often a keeper like Butland becomes available, especially at a knock down price . So I just think if there is anyway we can do this deal then we should strike while the iron is hot

I would normally agree with you but its not often a keeper like Butland becomes available, especially at a knock down price . So I just think if there is anyway we can do this deal then we should strike while the iron is hot

That's a fair point. If the price is just that fantastic then I'm perfectly fine with that.

He'll be another Joe Hart too, he'll be there for years and help them to do well. I woulden't be gutted if he signed for Fulham, Southampton etc... but I would if he went to Liverpool.

Edit: Widely reported on the net that he's going to Chelsea for £3,000,000 (suits me).

Edited by Zoo

So they have Cech and Courtois? Are they mad>?

Butland would be stupid to go there. Courtois is incredible. Butland wants first team opportunities, I'd stay away from there.

very strange choice. Can only think the money has turned him if true. Doesnt Turnbull (?) play from time to time aswell?

So they have Cech and Courtois? Are they mad>?

Butland would be stupid to go there. Courtois is incredible. Butland wants first team opportunities, I'd stay away from there.

According to Spanish media, Barcelona are interested in Courtois as Valdes is leaving in the summer.

Cech is basically what Iker Casillas is (or was prior to Jose Mourinho) for Chelsea. And Cech is only 30. Why the hell would you go to Chelsea when there are a number of quality teams interested who will actually have playing time to offer. Look how frustrated Lloris was when Friedel was getting starts for like two months. Does Butland have ANY chance of getting anything besides token Capital One Cup starts with Cech on the roster?

very strange choice. Can only think the money has turned him if true. Doesnt Turnbull (?) play from time to time aswell?

Turnbull is shit though and he said when he was at Boro that he only plays football for the money. He's not interested in playing week in and week out, I think if they do land Butland they'll sell him to get him off the wage list.

According to Spanish media, Barcelona are interested in Courtois as Valdes is leaving in the summer.

Valdes is gash too and only gets a game for Barca cause he's a catalan.

Not only that but he has the likes of Gerard Pique and Carlos Puyol in front of him week in and week out so he's never really tested to the max. If he played for a team like QPR or Norwich (even though that would never happen) he'd be a laughing stock. Very similar to David De Gea IMO, he looks like he's got it all but when under pressure fucks up.

Not only that but he has the likes of Gerard Pique and Carlos Puyol in front of him week in and week out so he's never really tested to the max. If he played for a team like QPR or Norwich (even though that would never happen) he'd be a laughing stock. Very similar to David De Gea IMO, he looks like he's got it all but when under pressure fucks up.

neither would Julia Cesar.... oh wait....

;)

Don't really mind if he goes to Chelsea. It's his choice at the end of the day and it means that he's not going to go to Liverpool (where he would do really well IMO). If he does go then I expect Courtois to go to Athletico Madrid permenantly or go to FC Barcelona to replace Valdes.

SSN says its just an Enquiry, so it doesnt necessarily mean he is going to go, or that they're even going to make an offer.

I don't think that they would make an enquiry just for a laugh though and Chelsea need to start thinking about replacing Petr Cech. Something tells me that the person to replace him isn't Courtois and obviously Turnbull is never going to be number one.

I don't think that they would make an enquiry just for a laugh though and Chelsea need to start thinking about replacing Petr Cech. Something tells me that the person to replace him isn't Courtois and obviously Turnbull is never going to be number one.

Cech is only 30 though! thats like middle age for a keeper! I think they'll stick with Courtois personally and we'll probably see him a bit more next year.

Cech is only 30 though! thats like middle age for a keeper! I think they'll stick with Courtois personally and we'll probably see him a bit more next year.

Chelsea believe they are part of Europe's elite though so they'll consider 30 too old for them.