IGNORED

Jack Butland

There would be no point in getting Buckland & selling Mucha and putting Buckland on the bench. It would be a waste of money and talent.

Sell Mucha and keep Butland at the club until Howard has had his time (which I believe is sooner than we think). When we sell Howard instead of replacing him we just move Butland to the first team (and maybe promote Taudal/Springthorpe to the bench).

This is the Premiership, not the Olympics.

So? He's played against the likes of Brazil, whilst its not the Premiership its still a very high standard.

i hope this is true tbh. he looks a top keeper for the future. i was gutted we didnt go for hart when he was 19 (remember brought for a few million then!!) and how much is he worth now?? let him learn off howard over the next few years, let him have the COC games and see what he is made of.

Sell Mucha and keep Butland at the club until Howard has had his time (which I believe is sooner than we think). When we sell Howard instead of replacing him we just move Butland to the first team (and maybe promote Taudal/Springthorpe to the bench).

So? He's played against the likes of Brazil, whilst its not the Premiership its still a very high standard.

So, you agree he is unproven ? smile.png

i hope this is true tbh. he looks a top keeper for the future. i was gutted we didnt go for hart when he was 19 (remember brought for a few million then!!) and how much is he worth now?? let him learn off howard over the next few years, let him have the COC games and see what he is made of.

He was bought for 500K and we didn't have the money :(.

Sell Mucha and keep Butland at the club until Howard has had his time (which I believe is sooner than we think). When we sell Howard instead of replacing him we just move Butland to the first team.

This means he will be sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbsfor 3 or 4 years. Would rather we keep Mucha for that and loan Butland out until he is ready.

This means he will be sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbsfor 3 or 4 years. Would rather we keep Mucha for that and loan Butland out until he is ready.

Can you see Butland being worth more than £6 mil in 4 years time?

Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea, Norwich, and Stoke are all sorted for the next 6+ years with young keepers. Only worry is if Liverpool want him or a financially stable club like Fulham, Wolves, or WBA get him and hold out on the price.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose its all relative and how Bill and Davey look at it. Sky money goes up 70% this year so we can afford i suppose to take a long term investment in him but Daveys track record in goalies suggests he is never gonna spend £6 mill on Butland when Hart was going for £750,000 and we didnt push the boat out. Granted i know we had Turner and Ruddy (sic) as young goalies but Moyes will go for Gordon or somebody like that and i agree. Butland maybe a good prospect but thats all he is at the moment and we need to spend our money elswhere

• 4 weeks later...