IGNORED

Jack Butland

PETE!!

stop fuckin thinkin :shaking fist:

seriously though...if it is true..big if cos i don't think it is...like romey i wouldn't really be happy payin that much for such an unproven keeper..although if it was all performance based i'd take it..we do seriously need to consider the years after tim

We shouldn't buy a keeper unless one better than Tim comes along. The club should save the 20k a week they'd be willing to pay a young one and in 6-8 years time (so have saved up £6-8 mil in the kitty) when Tim is on the decline. We should pay the premium for a fully developed keeper.

Edit: @marco apologies

Edited by pete0

not at all but we're past the days of having mega ageing players in our squad

also regardless of the tim thing i still stand by that 6-8m will not get you a top class keeper in that time..if the deal was right i'd love to sign butland and loan him back

Edited by marcopaulo

not at all but we're past the days of having mega ageing players in our squad

also regardless of the tim thing i still stand by that 6-8m will not get you a top class keeper in that time..if the deal was right i'd love to sign butland and loan him back

If we pay 6 mil for him over the course of the years on top of 6 mil in wages. We'd have £12 to buy a keeper, that is more than enough.. unless you're Sunderland and buy shite like Gordan.

I actually woulden't mind this, I'm too tired to type as I've just got back from football but think about this;

-Sell Mucha either tonight or Janaury and have Butland as No.2

-Sell Howard next season (as his error against Villa isn't the first he's done in a blue shirt and he's getting on).

The money we would get for Howard should we sell him would certainly be within the region of what we pay for Butland so IMO if we got him it'd be a good move. He's really young too so its a fine investment for the future.

Maybe Moyes has more money than we think? Getting a young keeper is a great idea, but he is unproven, and not sure that price is a good deal.

How is he un-proven? He's been to the Olympics and earned an England cap, whilst he's not established he's certainly proved how good he is.