IGNORED

Everton players a bit "edgy"

I have noticed that some Everton players dont look like they have a good relationship. Could just be my imagination. I would occasionally see two arguing over something (very short) and looking at each other very tensely. Two players that have really caught my attention are Fellaini and Jelavic. They often clash a little mad.gif. Tim Howard also seems a bit irritated by the Back's performance at times but what goalkeeper isn't? Haha Two players with an excellent bond are Pienaar and Baines and I like to see that in their play almost every match happy.png

I wouldn't say it shows that some players don't have a good relationship at all. It shows that they care and have a will to win. Football is a passionate game and if a pass goes astray when a player feels a correct pass could have led to a goal the they're going to be annoyed.

I'd rather a player show his displeasure or whatever over clapping shit passes like Jo used to do.

How much more high pressure do you want the premier league to get!

I can remember village/pub/lower league football, players even at that level, used to get pissed off with each other during games.

Come on we've all played with that fuc%ing greedy little winger who tries to beat 9 players before passing to you with only the goalkeeper to beatshaking%20fist.png ..........or, the defender who blasts his clearence into space instead of just dinking the ball through for you to run ontocrying.gif , it happens.

This would be in front of a crowd of 6 with maybe a bored dog...........not infront of 40,000 and the cameras showing your shortfalls to millions, and you wonder why Everton players get 'edgy' with each other.

Baines and Pienaar might look like a dream couple never to argue, BUT rest assured when a Pienaar back heel makes Leighton look a little rusty, you just know under Baines' breath he's saying "I hope your friggin dreadlocks fall off".

Don't read too much into what are signs of passion, during times of high pressure.Have you not seen rivals kicking lumps out of each other then walk off the pitch just about holding hands.

I'm not so sure it's personal, I know when I play sport I'm super competitive and if things aren't going my way I get stressed and angry. So for example, if I were to be in a better position than someone and they took the shot instead of passing I'd be pissed with them even if off the field they were my best friend.

I wouldn't look into little spats on the field too much!

i found the decisionmaking around the taking of the penalty in the Wigan game a bit disorganized.Mirallas clearly wanted to take it but it seems as though Pienaar decided Baines was our man - where was the captain in all of this? i have noticed nothing serious amongst the players, but the point is that players who get along well with each other have a better team spirit and play for the team instead of for themselves - Baines and Pienaar is a case in point. Lets hope Moys can keep the boys together and keep the team spirit very positive - in any team sport power lies in unity more so than in talent -

Having a good team relationship is essential if you want to succeed, when everybody is in harmony with themselves and there is evident bonding of team players you work well together as a cohesive unit. See our team of the mid 1980s for the most part, when I don't remember any (significant) falling outs or disputes, and there was such a strong support of players, that with the caliber of individuals at our disposal, only made us better.

The current squad seems healthy enough, players in support of each other, no problems evident, maybe it doesn't work every time but we're in a far healthier position now than we have been at times in past years.

See our team of the mid 1980s for the most part, when I don't remember any (significant) falling outs or disputes...

How would we have known about it if there were?

All a bit meaningless for me this....take any group of twenty/thirty workmates (which is essentially what they are) and there'll be people who get on with each other and those that don't. As long as they can work together then all is good.

(If you're at Chelsea and John Terry is shagging your other half then it might be a bit more problematic)

I don't think there was any of that going on with Kendalls fine team of the mid 1980s though, the players we possessed weren't snide characters like you have at Chelsea or some other high profile clubs today you could mention.

What I meant was, I don't remember any major falling outs, even 25/30 years ago, if there was an issue amongst players, or something going on from within, it invariably leaks out to a general public. Ok, there may have been certain frictions amongst players that were short lived or spontaneous moments of discontent, that would occur anywhere, then or today, but I know that we had a very good harmony amongst players, Bluekipper did some candid player Q and A's some years back with the majority of the successful mid 1980s team, and I read all kinds of stories with players like Mountfield, Sheedy, Gray and Ratcliffe for instance, about how much they enjoyed themselves and the evident camararderie between players and manager. Of course it wasn't all one way traffic, but for the most part it worked, and was a significant factor of our success of that era. Even under Harvey in the late 1980s, we still possessed a very good team, but some (new) players didn't get on with others, Cottee and Sharp being such one example, and proved a little disruptive maybe, and there wasn't the same level of team harmony as before.