IGNORED

Vegard Forren

Hello, I am from Norway and I follow Molde closely. Forren is clearly the best central defender we have in our national squad, except from Hangeland (Fulham). Vegard Forren is a left footed CB who is very comfortable with the ball in his feet, just like Vertonghen, Pique, Ramos etc. Forren also have a powerful left foot and can fire off some canons from distance. He is 187 cm and he have great physical strength and a good header. I would say that his best quality is his maturity. At the low age of 24, he is a clever footballer and read the game very well.

Any questions? (Sorry for bad grammar)

Cheers, appreciate the info. What transfer fee do you think Molde want for him?

Approxemately £2-3 millions. I would like to add that Molde is a very healthy club money-wise. Rich investores who supports Ole Gunnar Solskjær (club coach) :-) Forren went to the press and said "I'm not gonna stand here and lie to you, Everton is a very interesting club." The biggest newspaper in Norway have an article who says Forren and his agent is in Liverpool at this very moment to discuss the terms and the price.

This is what he said after the Europa League game against FC Copenhagen four days ago: "If Everton show interest there will be no doubt that I am interested. It's a big club in the Premier League. It's my dream playing there."

Forren achieved the award as the best player in the norwegian Tippeligaen yesterday.

I know I said approxemately £2-3 millions a few minutes ago, but it's very hard to tell, actually. Might be as high as £4 millions. Solskjær said in an interview that he wouldnt stand in the way for Forren and his career.

Sorry for all of these posts / spam.

Moyes must really rate him if he's getting the deal tied up this early. Think this means Heitinga will be sold because I can't see us having the money otherwise.

That football agent guy on twitter said Heits is close to joining Ajax, and Butland is also close to coming in! Don't know how reliable he is though. Agree though Moyes must really rate him to be getting him in so early, only problem I have is his height, would have preferred someone slightly taller but sounds like a good ball playing defender and Moyes always prefers the left CB being left footed,so hope he's another gem and not another Kroldrup....

looks composed on the ball from the youtube video which would be a help because everyone seems to flap would rather someone with pace who doesnt look likely to hoof it up tho he reminded me of jags hoofing it long but on the other hand he could be a bargain for the price, i like johnny but this year hes been poor

That football agent guy on twitter said Heits is close to joining Ajax, and Butland is also close to coming in! Don't know how reliable he is though. Agree though Moyes must really rate him to be getting him in so early, only problem I have is his height, would have preferred someone slightly taller but sounds like a good ball playing defender and Moyes always prefers the left CB being left footed,so hope he's another gem and not another Kroldrup....

I can't see us being after Butland but I can well believe Heitinga going back to Ajax.

Being a left footed CB will that mean Distin will be taking more of a back seat? I doubt it'll be from January but probably from the start of next season onwards (if Distin even agrees to a new contract for next season).

Being a left footed CB will that mean Distin will be taking more of a back seat? I doubt it'll be from January but probably from the start of next season onwards (if Distin even agrees to a new contract for next season).

I'd imagine so, like you say probably not from January though. Be interesting to see how the transsision goes with Forren instead of distin, hopefully we can keep the ball a bit better from the back. I'd still like to keep distin on a one year deal though.

On Butland, I personally can't see it happening either, but it'd be a nice surprise :)

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I can't see us being after Butland but I can well believe Heitinga going back to Ajax.

Jags put in two cracking crosses with the outside of his right boot on Sat! I don't think it really matters if it's a right/left foot combination, am I wrong in thinking a defender can clear with either foot?

Jags put in two cracking crosses with the outside of his right boot on Sat! I don't think it really matters if it's a right/left foot combination, am I wrong in thinking a defender can clear with either foot?

It's more important in the build up play than for simple clearances.

• 3 weeks later...