IGNORED

Fellaini - I may have to leave Everton

Avinalaff

when and who did he say this too?

It's probably all the same story rehashed by different journalists several times.

Don't give a shit really, he's playing well, were doing well, i want us to get into the Champions league, he wants us to get into the Champions league. No clash of interest for me.

I take repeated comments like this with a pinch of salt as most of the time it's the same interview that someone else was quoting a month earlier.

It's a new set of quotes - an update - very recent as he is referring to Gibsons return.

In other words he's saying champions league or i'm off - no pressure lads, go enjoy your football. Mr world class ability but consistency of the weather has issued his ultimatum.

How about Fellaini for £30m and Rodwell back the other way for free? wind%20up.png

lets not

I think we'll be a better team without him but with like three more 6-8 million players.

who? cattermole, downing on loan and n zogbia for example you would honestly get rid for 3 players of that calibre and lose the best player we have had in probably a decade seems like people are thinking of the money we wont get it to spend does no one realise that

Edited by Blue4Ever

lets not

who? cattermole, downing on loan and n zogbia for example you would honestly get rid for 3 players of that calibre and lose the best player we have had in probably a decade seems like people are thinking of the money we wont get it to spend does no one realise that

Nope, none of those. I was thinking more in the likes of another Jelavic and Mirallas. I trust that Moyes would get the right players with the money. And nobody probably realises that we won't get too spend it because nobody has much insider knowledge as you do.

Edited by Steve_E

lets not

We did the exact same thing with Rooney and finished fourth. I'd trust Moyes with every cent we get for Felli. FYI, just because some shite journalist links us to shite players, doesnt mean we're going to sign them..

I used to be all for keeping players no matter what, but.... now I think sod them. If they wanna go and think that the grass is greener elsewhere - then go. Felli is a top player and would look the part in most teams but reinvesting the best part of £30m with £10m in the bank could be a great move if reinvested correctly.

Our dynamic would change, but thats about it. Lets be honest his consistency is a concern. If we could get a player who is capable of 10% less but 25% more often then that has to be an overall improvement.

A fantastic player on his day and one I don't look forward to loosing but as said if He wants out then thanks for the service and best of luck in the future..

No player should put pressure on management and the rest of the team to perform and hold them to ransom when at times his own inconsistency has along with others let us down in games.

We've been in this position before fearing the worst at one of our star players going and we've always come off for the better so id put faith in that being the case again here.

Bring in Ofoe and another striker and maybe one or two squad fillers obviously dependant on what Moyes MAY be handed to reinvest and we move on..

Seriously moaning about a player saying exactly what we already knew? I'm just happy he confirmed the possibility of staying another season as I fully expected him to move next Summer and was just holding on to a sliver of hope that Champs League may persuade him to stay.

I watched a few of them interviews as he is just the same as any other ambitious player. He has a goal and is trying to make sure he heads in that direction. He has also commented about his own inconsistency in those interviews and has spoken how the whole team needs to make the next step...including himself.

If i am honest i think having characters that are ambitious can only be a good thing for the team as confidence breeds confidence.

If he can get us in the champions league in what is becoming an increasingly difficult league, then even if he leaves in the summer he will go with a big thank you from myself.

We didn't "know" that he was going to want to leave. We wouldn't know unless he confirmed that as a fact. The most recent fact you could take till that stage was he signed a 5 year deal.

Suspecting he would want to leave if interest came in from elsewhere is another thing, him coming out and stating quite frankly a very ambitious retention clause is not on and he is pretty much showing some derailing behaviour.

We have a togetherness in our squad, statements like his disrupt that.

We didn't "know" that he was going to want to leave. We wouldn't know unless he confirmed that as a fact. The most recent fact you could take till that stage was he signed a 5 year deal.

Suspecting he would want to leave if interest came in from elsewhere is another thing, him coming out and stating quite frankly a very ambitious retention clause is not on and he is pretty much showing some derailing behaviour.

We have a togetherness in our squad, statements like his disrupt that.

You'd rather he lied and said he's here until his contract runs out.. and then blindside the fans in the summer?

He's a world class player who's not even playing European football, of course he is going to look at his options.

I'd rather he respected the fact he is contracted here on a £70k a week contract till 2016 and kept his thoughts and career permutations to himself.

At this moment the team are needing him to take a leading role, steady the ship a little and get some belief. Nothing good has come out of his comments for Everton F.C. It's not like moyesy is gonna say "listen lads, forget the cash injection, prestige, personal satisfaction and abilty to kick on that 4th place will give us - let's do it cos felli may piss off if we don't"

I see a moyes stinging comment coming.

I'd rather he respected the fact he is contracted here on a £70k a week contract till 2016 and kept his thoughts and career permutations to himself.

At this moment the team are needing him to take a leading role, steady the ship a little and get some belief. Nothing good has come out of his comments for Everton F.C. It's not like moyesy is gonna say "listen lads, forget the cash injection, prestige, personal satisfaction and abilty to kick on that 4th place will give us - let's do it cos felli may piss off if we don't"

I see a moyes stinging comment coming.

All one of the same.

He has shown respect to the club, he didn't have to sign a new contract and could have went to play at a more competitive level on higher wages.

He's our best player, we need the rest of the squad to raise their game and help themselves match his ambitions and ultimately benefit the team as a whole, win-win. The alternative, we don't qualify and he fucks off. Why focus on the latter?

• 4 months later...

I quite like the way our fans have stuck to giving players a piece of their minds when they aren't putting the effort in. Felli needs to understand, he didn't get booed for mistakes - he got booed for complete lack of effort. Distin made a massive mistake against Liverpool in the semi final - he didn't get boed.

We need to ensure we keep letting players know that a lack of effort will not be tolerated.

There's every chance of it. It's been said before, Fellaini ideally wants champions league soccer. That objective, while still plausible, seems distant now, and even any european place (for us) will mean a fifth place finish it was stated somewhere. No sense in saying, 'Yes we can do it, no we can't do it', it's down to the players to take us to where we want to be, and the season still has a course to run. If we miss out altogether, will Fellaini stay on ? No-one can say for sure, the player will have a choice to make, but once again we should prepare ourselves for a departure. I'm not buying into the fact that the Belgian will remain seated for another year in order to try again for a champions league place and with it, entry into that competition.

I quite like the way our fans have stuck to giving players a piece of their minds when they aren't putting the effort in. Felli needs to understand, he didn't get booed for mistakes - he got booed for complete lack of effort. Distin made a massive mistake against Liverpool in the semi final - he didn't get boed.

We need to ensure we keep letting players know that a lack of effort will not be tolerated.

No fear of Distin leaving, the fans were fickle in their boos for Felli. He wasn't the only one having a shitter, and he's was played out of position. Played in his proper position we'd more than likely not have conceded 3 at home v Wigan and have a Wembley trip.

No fear of Distin leaving, the fans were fickle in their boos for Felli. He wasn't the only one having a shitter, and he's was played out of position. Played in his proper position we'd more than likely not have conceded 3 at home v Wigan and have a Wembley trip.

They werent fickle at all pete. Yeah, alot of others had a stinker as well, but nobody had the lack of desire that felli showed in that game. Neville was fucking awful but didnt get half the stick felli did because he ran about and tried to get stuck in a bit, felli strutted round like he owned the place.

I, like Haf, lost a lot of respect for felli after that. £25m would do us nicely.