IGNORED

Fellaini - I may have to leave Everton

Avinalaff

We'll make a lot more than 10m if we get into the group stage cause English clubs get a huge share out of the tv pool.

http://www.uefa.com/...87_DOWNLOAD.pdf

On a side note does anyone know how the "market - pool" section works on here? Its crazy that United finished 3rd in their group and got over 25 mil (euros) when benfica who won the group got 2.7 mil!!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manchester City get him eventually, out of any and other EPL sides. They'll be able to offer him more of a salary than Chelsea can, but I don't think Fellaini is greedy in that respect, or that motivated by money, always a relief to see.

How about Fellaini for £30m and Rodwell back the other way for free? wind%20up.png

How about Fellaini for £30m and Rodwell back the other way for free? wind%20up.png

Rather have 40 mil for him. Re-invest 30 mil and have 10 mil go to the bank.

30 mil would get us 3 good players, could even get us 1 star and 3 good players. Hope DM is actie onthe market RIGHT now cause this is happening in january. Id like Ofoe to be one of the players that come here. Or Defour.

I think he'll stay til at least next summer as long as Everton stay in and around the top 4 going into the new year. I don't know why I just can't see him moving if there is a chance he could get Champs League here next season, if we don't qualify then its squeaky bum time!

Edited by MoyesForPM

Today on Belgium's leading sports website:

http://www.sporza.be...i_voor_Roemenie

"Ik wil niet absoluut weg bij Everton"

Fellaini beleeft een ijzersterke periode bij Everton en is met zes goals topschutter van zijn clubs. Niet verwonderlijk dat hij aan topclubs als Manchester United en Chelsea wordt gelinkt. "Ik heb mijn ambities en dat mag iedereen weten, maar ik wil niet absoluut weg bij Everton", zegt hij. "Mijn club heeft ook ambitie en staat op dit moment toch maar mooi vierde."

Translation:

"I do not want to leave Everton"

"Fellaini is playing very well for Everton and is top goalscorer with six goals. It's no coincidence he's linked with top clubs such as ManU and Chelsea. "I'm ambitious and everyone is allowed to know, but I do not insist on leaving Everton", he says. "My club is ambitious and at the moment we're fourth."."

So there you go.

They interviewed Felli because of the game between Romania and Belgium.

Edited by holystove

I read a piece about 30 minutes ago that Paris Saint Germain have offered us £45,000,000 for the Belgian, but I can't find any definite evidence of it ?

They're top of the French league now, and have some money to spend, but I've seen no mention of this anywhere, maybe someone heard something. Probably just idle rumors and all, but they were quite adamant on that. The thing is, 45 million pounds, that's an acceptable price isn't it. I don't think he's worth anything like that, but it's just something that caught the attention. It'll probably come to nothing. They're even after Ronaldo of all things.

if we can get that for Fellaine we should jump at it we can buy 3 young stars with that money - to fill in some gaping holes in the squad - we urgently need young blood with more energy - West Brom was very impressive today - everybody ran their socks off the whole game - showing real commitment - and see - Chelsea beaten

I can't see Fellaini leaving directly after New Year, if he was to depart I feel the very earliest would be after end of season. If he wants Champions League soccer as he says, and we are still in a very good position despite some recent setbacks, then the time of reckoning will be in May and Fellaini can see then what we have for ourselves and then decide on his future, I don't think he would break off half way through when there is still everything to play for. I don't think Baines would go after new year either. I think Moyes will simply continue in the job so long as the board wants him. Some fans may not like him, but until the club hierarchy say otherwise, and are happy for Moyes to do his job, looks like he's staying on board.

Moyes is ambitious ?

Sorry can't agree with that, Moyes favors, and I don't need to elaborate as it's been said a hundred times before.

Moyes is cautious and tentative rather than ambitious and anything such it does need to be said. I don't like berating Moyes so often, but every now and again, these issues will arise.

Once again, Fellaini and Moyes himself, will wait to see what end of season brings us, and then take any next steps or decide on what path to take.

Moyes is ambitious ?

Sorry can't agree with that, Moyes favors, and I don't need to elaborate as it's been said a hundred times before.

Moyes is cautious and tentative rather than ambitious and anything such it does need to be said. I don't like berating Moyes so often, but every now and again, these issues will arise.

Once again, Fellaini and Moyes himself, will wait to see what end of season brings us, and then take any next steps or decide on what path to take.

Our current football style is anything but cautious and tentative.

Yes there has been a difference just lately, although often enough, and we've seen it all before enough times, Moyes prefers defensive play and not risk anything out there. It's actually changed from that since Jelavic arrived or at least the last few months going back to the spring time I found. But what about all the times before that, where supporters were going crazy with frustration or lack of endeavor.

Some would argue, If Moyes was ambitious and all, why have we not won anything for ten and a half years under his tenure ?

You don't need Ambramovich or however you spell his damn name, pots of money, to win an FA or League Cup, so what is Moyes doing wrong.

Yes there has been a difference just lately, although often enough, and we've seen it all before enough times, Moyes prefers defensive play and not risk anything out there. It's actually changed from that since Jelavic arrived or at least the last few months going back to the spring time I found. But what about all the times before that, where supporters were going crazy with frustration or lack of endeavor.

Some would argue, If Moyes was ambitious and all, why have we not won anything for ten and a half years under his tenure ?

You don't need Ambramovich or however you spell his damn name, pots of money, to win an FA or League Cup, so what is Moyes doing wrong.

You don't need pots of money? Are you taking the piss? Have you seen the amount of money spent by the likes of Chelsea and City to name but a few. It's not a coincidence they won the chapions league and premiership last year. Moyes has slowly bought us from being relegation fodder to potentially challanging for the top 4, what your problem with him is I don't know. He has always had to sell one to bring in a few and he has built us up a very good squad. You also said (might have been in another thread) that he hasn't won anything in 10 years, well i'd like to know someone who would have with the players he has had to work with? , these things don't happen overnight unless you get a takeover of the magnitude City did. Think you should stick to the random facts Dalziel...

The point is, some want to see the club win something again. Plastics and City win league titles, yes because of the investment, we don';t have that, and I wouldn't want to be them (club names), but you don't have to be some big name team that came out of nowhere that was almost non existent before with some new found wealth in order to win something. We have had the chance to win at least something since 2002 while Moyes has been in charge, and money aside, fuck that for one moment, it's not a factor, we have struggled against minor sides, Oldham, Shrewsbury, Reading, and so on in cup competitions where you don't have to be the wealth of the world in order to succeed, and we have fucked it up either by Moyes not taking it seriously, the players not motivated, and all round poor performances, Reading in the FA cup a year or two ago was another example.

I don't time to argue over this, I know what Moyes has done for us, yes he was a great improvement over Smith, but who wouldn't have been?

Yes he has given us UEFA cup places, a champions league place, made some great signings, we are on course for another good finish this season maybe, has been a very good manager sometimes on a small budget or financial restraints, I don't have a problem with Moyes as a person, but I have a problem when every year the club I follow before many were even born, ends up with nothing, and more often than not, it's because we bottled it at the most pivotal stages (Liverpool FA CUP game this year another example, many were irate after that), and as Moyes is manager, picks the team, motivates the players, it's his certain duty to get things done, we can sometimes look no further than the man in charge of a team side.

Quit with all the 'I hate Moyes' nonsense, I don't hate Moyes, think he's a nice enough individual and has done well, but think he's simply taken us far as he is able, when will we win a trophy again, it's something some are desperate to see again. I don't think Moyes can deliver that except offer stability.

Furthermore Chelsea didn't win the European Cup this year, the miserable cunts merely did a 'Steaua Bucharest 1986' and put ten men behind the ball and bored the Bavarian crowd to death by strangling the game to their own ends and suffocating everyone into a draw without hardly ever getting out their own half and being the most undeserved European Champions since the Romanians that night in Seville 26 years ago now.

Even the shite did similar in 2005, but at least they put in an effort and got back into it at 0 - 3 behind, and made a fight of it, but even then they weren't fully deserving of European Champions that year. I never saw a side as complacent as Milan that second half.

And City, only won the league title on the last kick of the season last year, were mere seconds away from having United be winners, so money won't always bring everything.

That's all I have to say on the issue (all I have time for in actual fact)

Going to the theater tonight, soccer gets me too damn angry sometimes

Have a good night

Anybody can beat anybody on the day, im pretty sure United have been knocked out of cup competitions by lesser teams before, it happens, whether its down to lack of motivation, fixture congestion or resting a key player, it happens. Of course Moyes picks the team, motivates them etc, but when your up against a better team, there is only so much a manager can do! (referring to the Liverpool FA cup game, obviously not the likes of Reading, shrewsbury etc) Remember we havent always had the luxury of resting players to make them fresh for an upcoming fixture, which obviously the big guns do.

You can say Chelsea put 11 men behind the ball to win the Champions league all you want, i agree with you that it was a defensive approach, but do you think our strongest 11 could have gone and done that against Bayern Munich in a champions league final ? i doubt it, because once again, the likes of chelsea have had vast amounts to bring in quality players and those quality players defended like their lives depended on it. And so what if City won it in the last second? they still brought in world class players like aguero who enabled them to be challenging for the title all season long and then obviously eventually win it.

I've had my doubts about Moyes in the past, but when you really sit down and think about it, i dont think there is too many managers out there that could have done the job he's done/is doing.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

You don't need pots of money? Are you taking the piss? Have you seen the amount of money spent by the likes of Chelsea and City to name but a few. It's not a coincidence they won the chapions league and premiership last year. Moyes has slowly bought us from being relegation fodder to potentially challanging for the top 4, what your problem with him is I don't know. He has always had to sell one to bring in a few and he has built us up a very good squad. You also said (might have been in another thread) that he hasn't won anything in 10 years, well i'd like to know someone who would have with the players he has had to work with? , these things don't happen overnight unless you get a takeover of the magnitude City did. Think you should stick to the random facts Dalziel...

Well said son!

More shots than any team in the top flight leagues in Europe, god knows how many times weve hit the woodwork this season. I would love to see what would happen if we did play attacking football!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I wonder if Moyes is holding out to see if the board sell Fellaini or Baines in January before signing a new contract?

If and for how much i would imagine, i reckon if he thought he was likely to get say £20m out of a £30m(£10m-bank)transfer fee, then it gives him some money to play with. Edited by Simon

when and who did he say this too?

It's probably all the same story rehashed by different journalists several times.

Don't give a shit really, he's playing well, were doing well, i want us to get into the Champions league, he wants us to get into the Champions league. No clash of interest for me.

I take repeated comments like this with a pinch of salt as most of the time it's the same interview that someone else was quoting a month earlier.

He's starting to get right on my nerves and is doing himself no favours nor the side. Since Champs league has started to look a possibility we have been shaky. Talk about it as a "must achieve" is a pressure we can do without. I can only imagine what the other players are starting to think of his big ideas.

Listen Felli - if you wanna go just have a word with Moyes, leave all the media interviews out and focus on your consistency. If you go, you go, but you are on a big contract for a few years yet and you will go to who and for what we choose to sell you for.