IGNORED

Fellaini - I may have to leave Everton

Avinalaff

http://www.goal.com/...ce=breakingnews

Fellaini: I may have to leave Everton for Champions League football

The Toffees midfielder has made a huge impact in his five years at Goodison Park but admits he may leave in order to win trophies and play in Europe's premier club competition

204596hp2.jpg

The Belgian has been instrumental in the Toffees' superb start to the season, and has been targeted by Chelsea amongst a host of other top European sides, as exclusively revealed by Goal.com in September.

"I hope to win something here, with Everton," he told the BBC's Football Focus. "When I came here, I played an FA Cup final against Chelsea, I lost. Last year I played [a] semi-final [and] lost, and so I hope to win something this year.

"But also I want to play [in the] Champions League, if it's possible with Everton. But if not, with another team. But I want to play [in the] Champions League."

When asked whether he would be forced to move in order play for a Champions League side, Fellaini said: "Maybe, but not now."

Fellaini has already hinted that his future may lie away from the Premier League.

Speaking to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad in September, he said this season may be one of his last at Everton. With a possible move planned for January or at the end of the season.

David Moyes signed Fellaini from Standard Liege for £15 million in 2008. The 24-year-old has since made 119 appearances for the Toffees, scoring 20 goals in the process, including five goals in nine games this season.

Isn't this a duplicate thread ? As in, 'Fellaini may leave' ?

In any event, Fellaini is going nowhere. He's far too important to the club to be without his services.

Got us out of another hole today, and his participation is crucial.

We're looking at a player worth at least £20,000,000 here and it'll be a sad day when or if the time does come when he finally does depart.

If we did get Champs league and with the increase in sky money it would hopefully give us the ginch to buy a couple of £8-10 mill players we need. If we don't get in then i'm sure Felli will be gone in the summer for £30 million. You havent got a hope of buying a similar player but we could buy say Ince and a couple of others. I think Felli has the ability to be whatever he wants in the game

If Felliani wants to 'win trophies' and play in the Champions League that's up to him, it's his business and what he has set for the future is his decision.

Thing is, with Moyes, we don't really stand (once again), a chance of winning a trophy as the Scot is perpetually focused on league placings and appears to treat cup competitions with contempt, or loses it at the most pivotal stages. Going to be hard for Fellaini to find a trophy path on that route.

And if we were truthful with ourselves, are we really going to get a 4th place finish at end of season. Recent games have showed that we have deficiencies in vital areas and if Sunderland had been a more efficent unit yesterday we would have lost that game. Too inconsistent, have struggled at times to convert chances or see of oppositions, and over a long course of games during a full season, that will sooner or later become a major factor.

Bottom line is, you have to feel, heads over hearts, that a champions league place, as fine as it sounds once again, may just be beyond us next year and the UEFA cup places are a best bet for placings. And add to that, with Moyes cup philosophies, it could well be another year without a trophy next end of season. You can quote me on this next May, and if wrong, will be first to stand up and say I was wrong, but was being realistic.

Which all adds up to, no champions league and no trophies for 2012-13, and subsequently Fellaini will leave..

Damn it, I/we don't want to see Fellaini leave, a player of that caliber, I/we want champions league soccer, I/we want to see the damn club finally win something again after so many years away, but have to be realistic on this issue

Couldn't give a toss about a trophy. Very happy with our manager and team, and optimistic that when we get Gibson back we'll be much better. If we can bring European football to Goodison again, then I'll be delighted. Trophies are for history books and a few days of contentment. Give me European football every time.

Would never want to keep a player who wants to leave. Why would a player personally want CL if not for personal gain. I don't think we are Champions League material at the moment. If anything we would be makeweights of a group... Simply lack the consistency. But in so saying, this year has started promisingly. As Moyes said, the club is bigger than any one player. Felli this season is only putting his price up, which is a good thing.

Getting into the group stages of the champions league is like winning the lottery for a club like us. €8.6m for just getting into the group stages €1m for a win and €0.5m for a draw.

Roughly an added £10m to be expected plus gate receipts and merchandise etc. That is a massive retention benefit for existing players and an attraction for potential free signings.

We need champions league to enable us to get a stronger platform to compete on the domestic front.

Getting into the group stages of the champions league is like winning the lottery for a club like us. €8.6m for just getting into the group stages €1m for a win and €0.5m for a draw.

Roughly an added £10m to be expected plus gate receipts and merchandise etc. That is a massive retention benefit for existing players and an attraction for potential free signings.

We need champions league to enable us to get a stronger platform to compete on the domestic front.

We'll make a lot more than 10m if we get into the group stage cause English clubs get a huge share out of the tv pool.

http://www.uefa.com/...87_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Edited by Steve_E

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Chelsea plot £30m Fellaini raid as Everton star hints that he wants out

Marouane Fellaini has dropped the biggest hint yet that he will be quitting Goodison Park.

The Belgian international has told press in his own country that he will be seeking a fresh challenge in the New Year.

Everton boss David Moyes has insisted he will be looking for a 'big price' should the moment come when a bid is received at the Merseyside club.

article-2232168-15D47F8C000005DC-956_468x301.jpg

End of the road: Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini is ready to quit Everton for pastures new

Sportsmail understands that Chelsea will lead the way with a £30m offer for the 24-year-old when the transfer window opens.

Fellaini is reported to have told journalists in his own country: 'I've seen everything with Everton and in January or at the end of the season, I will turn to a new club or a new league.'

As the six-foot four-inch tall attacking midfielder is eligible for the Champions League, he is an attractive target for some of European football's richest.

article-2232168-15F4AB1B000005DC-577_468x286.jpg

Hair we go: Fellaini has been in tremendous form so far this season, alerting a host of top suitors to his services

However, the player who has become a cult figure on Merseyside with his eye-catching head of hair, only signed an improved five-year deal little more than 12 months ago.

But the cash on offer, allied to the club's financial position, may force Moyes's hand - although the Scot is hoping that the player, who grabbed his sixth goal of the season in the Toffees' 2-1 victory over Sunderland will stay to help the club's push towards Champions League qualification themselves.

It may only be a matter of time before the Belgian does depart, but I emplore them to sell him to anyone but fucking Chelsea, even any amount of money offered seems irrelevant almost. I merely wouldn't like too much to see our prize asset plying his trade with them.

Said it before, can't keep up with player valuations much anymore. It's got so out of hand the last 5 years you really don't know how much any player is truly worth, except more often than not, they're sold for much more than they're actually worth.

Anything less than £25,000,000 would seem too little, and anything over £35,000,000 would seem too much is the best way I can look at Fellaini right now. But at present time, he's our player and that's as far as I can look sometimes. Chelsea can 'scram' with their offers.

30m would be a starting bid in my eyes in football's crazy financial market He's worth around the 40 mark but would take a few clubs coming in for him which I suspect they will....

If and when he does go I hope it's abroad possibly to one of the big Spanish clubs I would hate to see him lining up for another prem team against us!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manchester City get him eventually, out of any and other EPL sides. They'll be able to offer him more of a salary than Chelsea can, but I don't think Fellaini is greedy in that respect, or that motivated by money, always a relief to see.

It's all speculation though, and what if's, and at this moment in time like to concentrate that Fellaini is indeed our player, and no-one elses and there is every chance we can get European Cup football once again, although it is a long shot, but still achievable. And with Moyes taking it seriously, and playing like we know we can, could even have an FA CUP success, but it's far too premature to make proper judgments.