IGNORED

Scott Sinclair

I very much prefer BUYING a winger, cause EFC really need one to stand in the starting line-up every week. It'd be a positive asset to the team. I'd rather loan a striker like Lukaku or Guidetti just to keep Jela sharp and to play a subsitute roll. That's why I'd loan someone. But then after the season's ended, you send him back to wherever he came from and then you still have the choice whether you'll need a striker permanently or of you current choice will suffise at that point. For a winger, it's crystal clear you need one for seasons to come, there's an acute shortage, so just buy one.

Why when we have more options upfront then we do on the wings?

Albeit we are shy on the right but when Mirallas is fit He will obviously start. In an ideal world we would buy quality players as cover/replacements but when you bang on about alot of the players you do you need to realise we are financially weak.

Think he filled in on the right when Dyer was injured. I didn't think he was that good.

No, always thought Dyer was by far the better player, saw a comment before on something else that suggested that he has already played for 2 clubs this season, so the deal won't happen. Edited by Simon

I very much prefer BUYING a winger... there's an acute shortage, so just buy one.

Dunno if you have heard this but Everton are skint. There is no money. Not enough to buy a good starting 11 player. Unless they find another Gibson type deal out there.

I think a loan is the only option in jan. Unless Felli or Heitinga is sold. We know that Felli probably will stay, at least until the summer. So that leaves Heitinga. We wont get more than 4-5 mil for him.

Read the first comment under the article, I also think it's 3 teams in a calendar year and not in a season. Can't seem to find a source to back me up though.

A calendar year spans 2 seasons so that would make no sense what so ever

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-transfer-in-season.htm

"Currently under the FIFA Transfer Regulations a football player is unable to play for more than three teams in one season. This applies whether the player has been transferred or simply is on loan with that club"

If that article is correct it does look like he can play for us though

"However, this does mean that a football player is free to represent a total of three different clubs in any league in the world over the course of one season"

Chelsea and I think Plymouth on loan............. Sorry Av I was meaning in his whole career!

I asked as I couldn't understand why there was a debate about how many clubs he had played for this season.

I figure he signed for City in the last window, so hasn't played for anybody else, unless I'm mistaken.

Can I also add that we are now 2013, so surely a new Calendar year?

You are quite correct we are in a new calendar year however that is irrelevant!

http://www.fifa.com/...t_en_122007.pdf

"Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs"

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic