IGNORED

Everton accounts (2011/12)

Louis

But it's not awful either. The majority of the league's teams are losing money, some a lot worse than us.

I think we'll be incredibly lucky to find a buyer now, as the debt grows, the bigger the valuation of the club...which, if reports are true, has already turned people away.

@connjam: Football finance expert on @bbcmerseyside says #everton accounts make impressive reading and show an extremely well run club.

Our loss has increased by £3.7m. If that's the sign of an extremely well run club then I dread to think how much our losses would be if we weren't well run.

Do we have anyone on here who actually knows what they're talking about regarding the accounts though? We can all see that loss has increased but I'm sure our losses are a lot less than many in English/world football! It's easy to dismiss these and see increased loss and be negative but if an expert is saying we're a well run club then I'd like to hear his justification. Our debt's £50m ish? What's the extra tv income? Yes we all know we 'need' investment but we're still a well run football club.

Do we have anyone on here who actually knows what they're talking about regarding the accounts though?

I did A level economics about thirty-five years ago.....does that qualify me? If so god help us 'cause I don't understand a word of itunsure.png .

I'm certainly interested in "expert" opinion, though you'd need more than one or two (and they'd probably all be different anyway).

I did A level economics about thirty-five years ago.....does that qualify me? If so god help us 'cause I don't understand a word of itunsure.png .

I'm certainly interested in "expert" opinion, though you'd need more than one or two (and they'd probably all be different anyway).

Did it teach you not to spend more than you earn Mike? Simple question I know but the German league clubs have a very good model to follow I think. No wonder Dortmund have 60,000 through the gates if most tickets are a tad over a tenner! Not here I know it's just the more money we have the more we seem to get in debtshaking fist.png I can't see how we can operate at a loss all the time. Would it be better to sell our three best players and finish 15th every season with no debt? thus making us a more attractive club to buy?

I dont think it is that bad. The worrying thing is that the wages to turnover percentage has increased however we have released several (at least 2 off the top of my head) of the high earners since then meaning that should have dropped again.

The rest of the accounts seem to show a club that ia gradually improving its performance off the field. Turnover is increasing and bar wages, costs look to be decreasing.

Generally I think this set of accounts was always going to be the most worrying as we didnt sell anyone which is what we normally have to do to make them look better!

Need to bear in mind that from 13/14 the team finishing 7th will get minimally £20m more than last year due to the increased TV deals....likely to be closer to £30/35m (not seen that the overseas deals are finalised yet).

So if we keep our wage bill sensible (and perform on the pitch) we could be in healthy profit fairly soon.

Disclaimer: As I said, I know f'ck all about accounting but this is my understanding.

Capturetab2_zpsa7fda7a6.jpg

Capturetab_zpsf01626e3.jpg

The rest of the accounts seem to show a club that ia gradually improving its performance off the field. Turnover is increasing and bar wages, costs look to be decreasing.

Turnover is down.

A reasonable article here - http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2013/01/accounts-make-uncomfortable-reading-from-any-side-of-the-fence/

Edited by Romey 1878
Wrong bloody link

Turnover is down.

A reasonable article here - http://www.nsno.co.u...e-of-the-fence/

I read the wrong thing, I was reading what they said about this year coming thinking they were talking about this set of accounts. However it appears that they are mostly down to the number of live games being shown reducing which you can hardly blame the board for and the ticket sales being down, which is hardly surprising given how awful we were playing at the time. I still think that it generally shows we are alright, not brilliant but not bad either.

Like MikeO says with the increase in TV money & the potential decrease in the wage bill (plus the sale of Rodwell), Im pretty sure next years accounts will look a lot better.

They are as bad as I thought they would be, at best we are always going to increase our debt - we have an unsustainable model which will result in the sale of fellaini/Baines and his replacement coming in significantly cheaper. That has been highlighted in many articles posted from various sites.

It all goes back to a sale = money spent on stadium improvements/move = increase in match day revenue = better net £ performance

I'm just hoping that this isn't a signal for the vultures to circle our prized assets with a £5m down payment + 3 past it mercenaries and £1m per year based on winning the double and 150 Caps for their country..