IGNORED

The "idea storm" for new threads section

Hafnia

Just thought I create a new thread with the intention of posting ideas for new threads... I would have put this in "The "idea storm" for new threads section" - but it wasn't in existence till I made this thread so apologies to anyone who hates new threads being started without everyone discussing it first...

Anyway - Ideas:

Everton media database : - have you seen something written about our clubs history of interest?, are there any books due out? Any films? Post links

Youtube links:- graeme sharps volley, Bayern Munich match, etc etc

The other day I met:- did you meet a player and have a chat? Did you see Felli buying rollers in TJ Hughes?

Lookalikes:- any footballers who look like someone else - pics to show

Anyway, theres just a few to get things going....

I think I will simply stab you with a marshmallow and have done with it.

Ha....I always suspected working on planes was just a cover story! You're on a secret government marshmallow sharpening research project aren't youshaking fist.png !

I might start a thread about thatdry.png .

Topic suggestion - how to get us on the tele more?

Guessing most people have already read this on the OS, but for those who haven't.

"EVERTON’S annual losses almost doubled in 2011/12 – partly because TV bosses decided the Blues weren’t as big a draw as other clubs.

Hopefully whichever highly-paid TV executive made that decision has had his plug pulled.

Because the decision makes about as much sense as Hollyoaks – and is not as easy on the eye.

Compared to TV darlings Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham, Everton have the highest average live audience figures – 1.7m per televised game.

Yet despite a first half of the season when Everton’s football has been more thrilling than at any time for 20 years, the Blues’ TV picks remain lower than that of Newcastle and West Ham!

Attractive Everton have been screened six times, long ball West Ham and less than catchy Toon have 10 selections each.

Despite having 40 per cent less televised games, Everton’s cumulative audience is still on a par with West Ham’s (10.08 million v 10.91 million).

If you can work out why Everton have featured so infrequently, answers on a postcard to the satellite broadcasters please."

Topic suggestion - how to get us on the tele more?

Guessing most people have already read this on the OS, but for those who haven't.

"EVERTON’S annual losses almost doubled in 2011/12 – partly because TV bosses decided the Blues weren’t as big a draw as other clubs.

Hopefully whichever highly-paid TV executive made that decision has had his plug pulled.

Because the decision makes about as much sense as Hollyoaks – and is not as easy on the eye.

Compared to TV darlings Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham, Everton have the highest average live audience figures – 1.7m per televised game.

Yet despite a first half of the season when Everton’s football has been more thrilling than at any time for 20 years, the Blues’ TV picks remain lower than that of Newcastle and West Ham!

Attractive Everton have been screened six times, long ball West Ham and less than catchy Toon have 10 selections each.

Despite having 40 per cent less televised games, Everton’s cumulative audience is still on a par with West Ham’s (10.08 million v 10.91 million).

If you can work out why Everton have featured so infrequently, answers on a postcard to the satellite broadcasters please."

Probably the the sibling of the prick that keeps putting us last on MoTD, is the one on Sky Sports deciding which games to cover!shaking fist.png

We can't even get ESPN without subscribing, and even then, not really a channel I want, or need, to add to TV listings.

It is frustrating though that we do get shown so infrequently by Sky or only get small coverage or put on last by the fucking excellent British Broadcasting Corporation, as we are an exciting team to watch now for the most part and have once again come to the fore once again in recent years after some considerable years of dormant inactivity. We're a big club, have been doing very well once again, but don't get featured as much as we should, and maybe someone somewhere has some issues or animosity towards the club, but can't quite work it out how we don't get featured much today and lose out to other club sides that don't even warrant such attention etc.

DK I feel your pain, in fact we all do, we are Evertonians and we are used to it now. It is fucking annoying. But look we are still around, they can't make us go away by ignoring us. Suck it up lad you are one of us now.

Trev that is not a bad idea, we could start him in every game and sub him after 5 mins. Bet we get a lot of coverage from that.

Lampard too

Edited by Rubecula

Youtube links:- graeme sharps volley, Bayern Munich match, etc etc

I've already made that and it has a few good videos and pictures from the forum members young and old. Look it up rather than starting a new thread;

'Zoo - Goodison Memories'

• 2 weeks later...

Everton media database : - have you seen something written about our clubs history of interest?, are there any books due out? Any films? Post links

I got my dad the EFC Encyclopaedia (legends signed version) for Christmas (a little bit for me too!) bloody brilliant book although I haven't had a good chance to get into it!

I read Baz Rathbone's Smell of Football recently too - excellent read for any footie fan. Anyone else read any decent EFC/footie books? Mark Ward worth a read? Where do people get their EFC books from?