IGNORED

Bolton (away)

Markboz

congratulations Mr Moyes - i love it when a plan comes together ! but honestly sir, was that your plan ? if it was,i surely hope you have a few more like that up your sleeve because the way we are playing lately we will certainly require a few miracles from plyers playing out of position - to get results against better teams than Bolton

with your latest subs we are so unpredictable i don't think the players themselves know what is going to happen next -

as long as your plan keeps coming together you should get credit due -

i appologise for criticizing you so much - but even though you proved me wrong this time - we certainly do not think alike very much -

but once again - the proof of the pudding is in the eating - if you keep on winning even your harshest critics will eventually bow to your superior knowledge of the game

This was a CUP competition guys.

Entering the final mins and deciding to shut up shop and take them home is the mark of a manaer that looks at the larger picture.

As for playing defensive, didnt we start with three forwards? dont forget we suffered a huge set back early in the game with Mirallas. I am also baffled about putting Gaye on instead of Oviedo, but then hes not trying to sell Oviedo is he. Maybe this was his " go on son heres your chance ". It was Maggy who failed yesterday and not moyes.

Bring Heits on for Jela, who was not getting a sniff served two ways. One was it closed things up and protected the draw, rather than go for it and get knocked out. And two it freed Felli who has been so effective pushed up front to give Zak Knight, who won everything all day, something to think about. This made them panic at the back and that panic caused chaos in box, which we benefitted from.

I hope the former gets us a favorable tie and we can take another step to that elusive trophy. Home game against Milton Keynes would be ideal, with all due respect to them.

I'd settle for MK Dons at home but the team I'm hoping we get is Luton Town. It dosen't come much easier than that.

But you're too young to remember the history between them in this competition.

I say history, but it was only really 1985 and 1986 that stood out wasn't it. But they were two (yes there was a replay involved) great games with the clubs involved.

I still insist there's something questionable about cup draws, and soccer as a whole, would seem corrupt from the inside, some would believe. World Cup Finals in Russia and Qatar is it ? Wait a minute..

I'm about done for today but have to say disappointed with some of yesterdays opposition fans and the usual stereotypical nonsense about supporters of our club. Maybe there was an incident at the end, I didn't see it myself, and all clubs are not without one or two Idiots, but I wouldn't be too happy about some of the comments made, but I'm not from Liverpool so maybe didn't feel it as some others, but it is annoying when you read these things. Maybe one or two really did deserve their defeat yesterday.

Quote "Theives, wasters and vagabonds" Heh, I don't know why, but I found that quite amusing. Vagabonds FFS !

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24319&start=280

I feel like people honestly just ignore whatever I post (except duncanmckenzieismagic)..... It was clear what Moyes was doing and it was NOT a defensive substitution.

It was desperate because he decided that we we playing so badly that we needed to have someone up there for out hoof balls but the substitution was not just going to a draw.

I am not saying it was the best idea but he clearly knew what he was doing and it paid off.

Just wondering if today's events make anyone feel differently about the Bolton game. Obviously, it still isn't a performance we should be celebrating by ANY means and we need to play better. But Chelsea ties Brentford and Tottenham and Liverpool lose to Leeds and Oldham respectively. Seems that we're hardly the only team coming out dull against the lower league teams and at least we managed the win.

Maybe we didn't deserve to win, and a few genuine Bolton supporters were upset, but never mind that, we've got a place in the fifth rounds and a favorable draw coming up, so it's been a good weekend. We do have a good chance now of getting back to the final once again - or maybe it's just the liquor talking. I never was one for optimism.

But we're looking good half way through the season with a fifth round winnable fixture and well placed in the league, so anything is possible.

What's the issue with who's starting the next match day thread - and I can't even remember who we're playing. Aston Villa or West Bromwich Albion I think it is, but not 100 per cent on that.

Where's the next match day thread . This calls for some impatient animations.

shaking fist.pngshaking fist.pngshaking fist.pngshaking fist.pngshaking fist.pngshaking fist.png

I'm about done for today but have to say disappointed with some of yesterdays opposition fans and the usual stereotypical nonsense about supporters of our club. Maybe there was an incident at the end, I didn't see it myself, and all clubs are not without one or two Idiots, but I wouldn't be too happy about some of the comments made, but I'm not from Liverpool so maybe didn't feel it as some others, but it is annoying when you read these things. Maybe one or two really did deserve their defeat yesterday.

Quote "Theives, wasters and vagabonds" Heh, I don't know why, but I found that quite amusing. Vagabonds FFS !

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24319&start=280

Haha what has Bolton ever given the world....Peter Kay.

I rest my case.

I still insist there's something questionable about cup draws, and soccer as a whole, would seem corrupt from the inside, some would believe. World Cup Finals in Russia and Qatar is it ? Wait a minute..

I've no idea how Russia got it, especially with all the racism problems they have. It should have been England but none of Europe like us so it isn't going to happen. Qatar I can live with by the way, they'll get twatted 8-0 in all their games but they'll put on a good show, I'm looking forward to it.

The first goal from us was pure luck but I think we're due some this season. The Bolton goal IMO was well worked and I don't think we should be too harsh on ourselves, as for the goal from Johnny it was master-class, a real power-shot that left the goalkeeper with no chance.