IGNORED

Aston Villa (H)

MikeO

Too sloppy at the back and too wasteful in attack. Story of the season... and last season... and the season before!

To be honest I'd say despite our unusually good start to the season this season we're a lot sloppier at the back than in previous seasons,

looking much more wasteful in attack as well but then thats partly cos we're creating a lot more chances and attacking quite a bit more than

I'm used to seeing us do

How impressive was Vic again today, held up the ball beautifully of the mids to run off him!

We should have been playin with that attacking formation from the start against a team like villa at home! Stick it to em off the get got!

In the end gotta b happy with that point although could have had it right at the end with a felli hat trick, with had made my morning!!!!

How impressive was Vic again today, held up the ball beautifully of the mids to run off him!

We should have been playin with that attacking formation from the start against a team like villa at home! Stick it to em off the get got!

In the end gotta b happy with that point although could have had it right at the end with a felli hat trick, with had made my morning!!!!

Im usually one of Vics harshest critics but I would doff my cap to him today. Brilliant reaction from him, especially considering that despite his impressive form recently, Moyes was still looking to bring in a striker.

In fact, I think I will go change my vote for MOTM

shoeeee - it would have been a total injustice if we lost this one -

our problems started in defensive midfield today - leaked even more than with Neville in it - Gibson had a very poor day - the back 3 had no help from them (Baines was also on attacking duty)

Villa had 4 chances on goal of which they converted 3 - i lost count of our chances -

Baines was playing too high in the beginning - all 3 their goals came from their right hand side (our left ) there was too much space there today -

Baines should not take corners in the opposition's left corner - if they break down their right there is no way Baines can be back in time to help defend -

our set pieces were very disappointing against a side who is weak in that department -

the ref was poor in defending our players and allowing them to spoil - that one bald linesman was blind i think - the bald one-

2 of their goals might have had an off-side in it - the replays are from bad angles and far off lately - some bad decisions are simply not shown again -

Villa must be the weakest side in the PL - we made them look good by sloppy defending starting in the midfield -

i still miss a killer instinct in our forwards - how many chances do you want in a game? -

why we have to make games against weak opposition such a drama baffles me -

Gotta agree with this, impressed with him again today, he really seems to have kicked on as a player this season. Not long ago

I wouldnt have cared if he'd left us but glad to see him change my opinion of him, deserves all the credit he gets at the min especially

after all the stick he's got in the past, hopefully he keeps it up his goals could prove very crucial this year!

I remember being pissed when we missed out on N'Zogbia and a little angry when we missed out on Fabian Delph too. Just shows how players can look good on paper but in actual fact be total wank.

I myself wouldn't take anyone from Villa, I think Benteke is made to look good because the players around him are brain-dead.

I think he looks good despite his team mates not being very good. Big, strong, fast targetman, good feet, already scored 22 goals in all competitions this season. If they go down, he'll be wanting out which might make a deal easier to make.

We didn't seem to handle Benteke and Agbonlahor popped up with a goal as he always does. If we had kept Benteke in check like we did with Lukaku mid-week we would have easily taken the three points. Better man-marking was needed out there and it just didn't happen, I'm obviously glad we nicked the point at the end but dissapointed we didn't take all three with Chelsea losing.

Not good enough. Villa should have been 4-1 up if not for that miss from Weimann I think it was. Yes we were all over them most of the game but how many chances did we create? I don't recall that many really. Villa are probably the weakest team in the league at the moment. The fact is, looking at the upcoming fixtures I'm starting to think even the shite have a better chance of getting 4th. I've been trying to be positive but there's just too many days like today. Everyone says we're turning losses into draws this season, but it certainly feels like half of those draws should be wins. I'll be happy to be proved wrong though.

Maybe I'm still pissed off after that, but feeling genuinely frustrated. Waiting one hour for the fuckign bus didn't help.

Edited by Fearthainn

can't have him and Anichebe - too much the same - but i rate him as above average - descent player -

Anichebe is nothing like Benteke. Anichebe is more of a runner and is an attacking force of his own. Benteke is more of a class striker with a great shot, great duelling force, better with headers, 2 good feet and moves intelligently. I rate Benteke higher and he's not on top of his potential quite yet, but I have a lot of respect for Anichebe's ethics this year.

Anichebe is nothing like Benteke. Anichebe is more of a runner and is an attacking force of his own. Benteke is more of a class striker with a great shot, great duelling force, better with headers, 2 good feet and moves intelligently. I rate Benteke higher and he's not on top of his potential quite yet, but I have a lot of respect for Anichebe's ethics this year.

That s twice Ive agreed with you today!

Anichebe was a class above Benteke today. Feck knows what some of you guys consider football, as likewise Heitinga wasn't completely at fault for the goals.

To be fair I thought Anichebe did well today, but the difference is he was all about hard work and graft, Benteke was class ( not that there is anything wrong with hard work and graft)

To be fair I thought Anichebe did well today, but the difference is he was all about hard work and graft, Benteke was class ( not that there is anything wrong with hard work and graft)

Some of the hold up play Anichebe done today was on another level. His strength holding off the defenders was phenomenal. Villa is geared towards Benteke, whereas we lean more towards Fellaini and Baines/Pienaar. The last 2 games Vic has put Jelavic to shame showing how it should be done, I doubt Benteke would have done much better than Jelly for us this season.

In a sentence; given a choice between the two I wouldn't hesitate to pick Big Vic.

I think Anichebe looked worse because whenever the ball came near him he had a Villa player all over him. Benteke on the other hand had defenders trying to stop him legally. If Benteke would have been at Everton and Anichebe would have been at Aston Villa I think we'd all be sat here saying how amazing Victor was.

Some of the hold up play Anichebe done today was on another level. His strength holding off the defenders was phenomenal. Villa is geared towards Benteke, whereas we lean more towards Fellaini and Baines/Pienaar. The last 2 games Vic has put Jelavic to shame showing how it should be done, I doubt Benteke would have done much better than Jelly for us this season.

In a sentence; given a choice between the two I wouldn't hesitate to pick Big Vic.

Cant really argue with you about Anichebe the lad has done well and deserves his place on merit, I just think Benteke looks class

As you intimated though next season will be his real test

wtf is moyes playing heitinga for hes messing the centre backs around,to move jags to right back to accomodate heits is stupid.

Agreed, I just can't see the logic of playing jags at rb, when neville can play more naturally there(as much as I hate admiting that neville should start!) jags should be our mainstay in the centre end of, the defence needs to be built around him! And baines obviously.

He's been playing exceptionally well in a much bigger pond as well though. 4 goals in 5 games for Belgium this season.

With Hazard Chadli Witsel and Dembele feeding him. Look at United in the past they had Cole and Yorke, hardly amazing strikers, but with one of the best midfields in the world setting them up they scored for fun.