IGNORED

Aston Villa (H)

MikeO

If we don't beat Villa then we don't deserve to be in Europe. I think we could beat them 4 or 5 nil but thats not going to happen, I think we'll have a similar game to the one against West Brom yesterday and come away with a scrappy (yet deserved) 2-1 win.

I remember being pissed when we missed out on N'Zogbia and a little angry when we missed out on Fabian Delph too. Just shows how players can look good on paper but in actual fact be total wank.

I myself wouldn't take anyone from Villa, I think Benteke is made to look good because the players around him are brain-dead.

In theory this should be a comfortable win against a Villa team in shocking form but as it's us and knowing previous times when

we've surprisingly struggled against them I'm gonna go for 2-1 possibly 3-1 win as despite the couple of goalless games recently

I'm still expecting us to concede every time we play.

I'd love us to win by 4 or 5 which the formbook would maybe say we should but think the 3 pts is the most important thing right now

to keep our great position in table

As usual they will score but they are lacking in confidence and an a early goal could open the flood gates. We need to put teams to bed because goal difference might come into it. 4-1 Vic, Super Kev,Felli and Jelly

At least it's out the way now.

Liverpool probably thought themselves it would be a straight forward win over the Birmingham side a few weeks ago, before that surprise 3 - 1 defeat at Anfield, so you never can tell what will happen.

Lambert is a good manager, you can see that from his Norwich tenure, and they do possess some decent players, so I don't quite know what has gone wrong up there. I don't think they'll be relegated for the first time since '87, and we were league champions, so while not quite the gulf in class from back then, I do think their problems will continue and the venue should be enough. But as before, you never know what will occur.

Everton 1 Aston Villa 0

If Villa go down I'd take Benteke off them in the summer.

2-0 Everton.

Me too, but I think more than a few teams will be in the running. Could be very much what we need.

Always get nervous myself when I come on here and everyone is predicting an easy-ish victory. Somehow I think the players get to thinking the same thing and then the wheels come off. Just maybe the goal we shouldn't have conceded against WBA will have provoked Moyes to really get at the lads this week. Absolutely need to come out flying and not let off. Villa are bereft of confidence, if we get one early we'll get two.

Vic has to start again, as does Kev, and hopefully Gibbo. Would love to see Neville on the bench, or if need be, only at right back. Baines and Pienaar to have another stormer terrorizing the flank.

we cannot even think about losing this one - it is not going to get easier from hereon in -

only a convincing win will do for me -

if we respect them too much what are we going to do should we be going to Europe next season - kiss the ground the opposition walk on ?

no PL side would be happy drawing or losing to Villa at the moment

Neville will be at fullback

You have inside info...or just a guess? Whatever.......I think Moyes' teamsheet is based on his version of trust, misguided though it may be. Why on earth would any sane person pick Neville over Hitz or Coleman?

Moyes think......'he's played for us for years, he must be good!' Please God,let Moyes see the light and bench him.

I noticed too last week that Mirallas (I think) wanted to take a quick throw in in the last few minutes when we were on top and really pressing. Neville wanted to take it, so Mirallas had to wait till Neville ambled up, took the ball, fannied around for 10 seconds and then threw it in gently. Even on TV in Oz Mirallas' face showed what he thought of the situation. It may be that some players are as pissed off as we are.

On topic....a 3-1 win to the good guys. Sorry no clean sheet again!

Mate of mine is a Villa fan and says that he'd be happy as long as its not another 5-8:0 humping.

Reckon we'll win 3:1, Jelavic with 2 (if he can stay onside) and Distin (because they can't defend corners).

Disappointed with our lack of goals from the full backs. They should be giving a higher return.

I dont see what you mean Pete, Coleman, Heitinga, Jags, Distin, and Baines have all scored this season, Baines is second highest scorer behind Fellaini, Not one striker among them so i think thats pretty good scoring from the backs.

Edited by Bill

I dont see what you mean Pete, Coleman, Heitinga, Jags, Distin, and Baines have all scored this season, Baines is second highest scorer behind Fellaini, Not one striker among them so i think thats pretty good scoring from the backs.

From set-pieces. How many headers have our centre backs got the past two seasons? Too often there's a good delivery into the box and our firm of fifty-p heads manage to put it over the bar. Not enough communication either, with players often being to eager and taking the chance away.