IGNORED

Aston Villa (H)

MikeO

I think if we have any aspirations of the top four we should be beating Villa and by three or four. Got a feeling we are going to choke big time. I think it stands out like a sore thumb we are missing something creative wise and the board should hang their head in shame that we havent got somebody in that could have made a difference. We were desperate for some pace and Ince should have been bought for £8 million. 16 goals from a wide man in an average team is excellent and would have been a real asset

With Hazard Chadli Witsel and Dembele feeding him. Look at United in the past they had Cole and Yorke, hardly amazing strikers, but with one of the best midfields in the world setting them up they scored for fun.

So basically you're shit if you're good in a bad team and you're shit if you're good in a good team?

So basically you're shit if you're good in a bad team and you're shit if you're good in a good team?

One team is geared towards him. The other has no other striker options, but an amazing midfield that will give him chance on a plate. In either situation any average prem striker would score more often than not. He'd flop at Everton.

One team is geared towards him. The other has no other striker options, but an amazing midfield that will give him chance on a plate. In either situation any average prem striker would score more often than not. He'd flop at Everton.

Haha, alright then. All teams are pretty much geared towards their striker though, aren't they? Belgium also has Lukaku as an option (he's scoring in the Prem once every 125 minutes this season so doing well too) and he's rightfully keeping him on the bench. I think you also grossly overestimate the amount of clear cut chances Belgium's midfield is offering him. I think he's pretty much got it all. The power and skill to keep the ball up, the pace to run in behind, can dribble, can strike from distance, good header...

Yes I'm starting to doubt these men's arguments. I believe they just want Anichebe to be better so bad that they start seeing things. Which is hilarious since they accuse me of favouring Belgian players, which is absolute bullshit.

Haha, alright then. All teams are pretty much geared towards their striker though, aren't they? Belgium also has Lukaku as an option (he's scoring in the Prem once every 125 minutes this season so doing well too) and he's rightfully keeping him on the bench. I think you also grossly overestimate the amount of clear cut chances Belgium's midfield is offering him. I think he's pretty much got it all. The power and skill to keep the ball up, the pace to run in behind, can dribble, can strike from distance, good header...

4 games for Belgium

Wales - bench

Serbia

Croatia

Scotland

Looks like he's the Peter Crouch of Belgium. Would you honestly swap Anichebe of Jelavic for him?

4 games for Belgium

Wales - bench

Serbia

Croatia

Scotland

Looks like he's the Peter Crouch of Belgium. Would you honestly swap Anichebe of Jelavic for him?

Without a doubt. (he also scored against Romania and the Netherlands by the way, those were friendlies)

In no way is he comparable to Peter Crouch.

Edited by Steve_E

Never expected them to score three times today, nobody could have seen that coming. I thought before time it would be a close contest with maybe a goal or two in it, but this was something else. Fellaini has been under the spotlight recently, and today proved his worth once again with a two goal haul and saved us at the end from a defeat. It's a disappoiting result on paper, or at least thrilling to the neutral observers, but we did avoid defeat right at the end and it's still only three league defeats all season thus far, but it just seems like points lost to many, in that many thought before time we really were going to see three points today. I didn't see the Heitinga incident, maybe get a chance later. But however you feel about him, have to applaud Fellaini for getting us out of a hole and a share of the points today, but still a disappointing outcome, despite the late draw to save ourselves.

Without a doubt. (he also scored against Romania and the Netherlands by the way, those were friendlies)

In no way is he comparable to Peter Crouch.

Since when do friendlies count, non-competitive games surely can't be taken into consideration?

I was being generous comparing him to Crouch. Once Lukaku has more experience Benteke won't get a look in.

Since when do friendlies count, non-competitive games surely can't be taken into consideration?

I was being generous comparing him to Crouch. Once Lukaku has more experience Benteke won't get a look in.

First of all: Belgium - Netherlands is never just a friendly.

Secondly: both Lukaku as Benteke are youngsters, so they will both grow and develop and continue to compete against each other in the future.

Thirdly: If Crouch is as good or better than Benteke, then where is he? Where are all his goals for Stoke? And of the goals he made, which ones compare to the clinical finish Benteke provides time after time? Crouch isn't even the undisputed number 1 striker in his team (Jones), which Benteke is. You know what, I invite you to write a polemic right here on what a skillfull and underrated striker Peter Crouch exactly is. I'd be delighted to read it.

Christian Benteke is class. And to compensate for me defending someone who happens to be a country mate, I will balance it by stating that Igor De Camargo is not a fit striker for this league due to not being good enough. If that appeases you.

Edited by Mirallas

First of all: Belgium - Netherlands is never just a friendly.

Secondly: both Lukaku as Benteke are youngsters, so they will both grow and develop and continue to compete against each other in the future.

Thirdly: If Crouch is as good or better than Benteke, then where is he? Where are all his goals for Stoke? And of the goals he made, which ones compare to the clinical finish Benteke provides time after time? Crouch isn't even the undisputed number 1 striker in his team (Jones), which Benteke is. You know what, I invite you to write a polemic right here on what a skillfull and underrated striker Peter Crouch exactly is. I'd be delighted to read it.

Christian Benteke is class. And to compensate for me defending someone who happens to be a country mate, I will balance it by stating that Igor De Camargo is not a fit striker for this league due to not being good enough. If that appeases you.

Crouch isn't under-rated, he's shite. Well average prem, but that's not good enough for international level. He's old now, but when he was younger he was in the England squad for the small games, but when it came to the big guns he failed miserably or wasn't picked at all, a path Benteke is likely to go down. Scoring past Scotland isn't a feat, anyone with two could do that if they've got 10 quality players behind them.

Edited by pete0

Crouch isn't under-rated, he's shite. Well average prem, but that's not good enough for international level. He's old now, but when he was younger he was in the England squad for the small games, but when it came to the big guns he failed miserably or wasn't picked at all, a path Benteke is likely to go down. Scoring past Scotland isn't a feat, anyone with two could do that if they've got 10 quality players behind them.

I invite you to watch a Belgium game, so you can see for yourself who's a quality player in the Belgium squad and who isn't.

I invite you to watch a Belgium game, so you can see for yourself who's a quality player in the Belgium squad and who isn't.

If you pay for my flights, tickets and half-time beer I'll come down too and see who's a quality player in the Belgium squad and who isn't.

happy.png .

First things first - can someone give Mirallas a laminated Belgian panini footballers magazine so he can busily waste his time pulling his pud rather than playing the I like Everton cos they've got two Belgians - oh shit Chelsea have hazzard, villa have benteke....... Oh dear ......

Benteke looks a player, reminds me of George weah - strong, quick, good feet and wants to score. Vic deserves all plaudits he's getting at the moment, seriously looking a proper player - however it's unfair to compare him to benteke. Benteke seems to have that bit of magic that the likes of rush, shearer had.

Vic could and should be a solid 15 goal a season man, has a bit of everything.

Don't know why I just have to get into this, but Benteke is much more talented than Lukaku.

With Hazard Chadli Witsel and Dembele feeding him. Look at United in the past they had Cole and Yorke, hardly amazing strikers, but with one of the best midfields in the world setting them up they scored for fun.

Cole and Yorke was one of the best striker partnerships I've ever seen in my short time on this earth. A little more deserving of credit than your sentence offers them lol.

While we're on the subject of Everton in the Community (EITC) I saw one of the lads who sells the EITC cards in the ground to raise money. He walked over to an old man passing by and asked him if he would like to make a donation and buy pack. The man refused and walked into the toilets (which is fair enough) but it got a bit weird when the lad didn't take no for an answer and carried on trying to sell the pack by following the man into the toilets.

Surely thats a bit weird..

*were

Edit button Avin? shaking fist.png

Edited by Zoo

While we're on the subject of Everton in the Community (EITC) I saw one of the lads who sells the EITC cards in the ground to raise money. He walked over to an old man passing by and asked him if he would like to make a donation and buy pack. The man refused and walked into the toilets (which is fair enough) but it got a bit weird when the lad didn't take no for an answer and carried on trying to sell the pack by following the man into the toilets.

Surely thats a bit weird..

Edit button Avin? shaking%20fist.png

I don't like the automatic editing announcement. It should give you a longer period in which to rectify.

Well that was a crappy situation for the old man.

surely the kid was just taking the piss?

Look I hate to point the finger, and frankly the abuse Heits has been getting on Twitter is disgraceful, but he was the difference today for mine. We got three goals past them today, had Jags and Distin been the central defence pairing I think I'd be generous in saying they would have got one. Their second half goal was beautiful and perhaps would have been hard to defend but I would back Jags every day of the week in those other two goals.

Edited by Pearso

Cole and Yorke was one of the best striker partnerships I've ever seen in my short time on this earth. A little more deserving of credit than your sentence offers them lol.

Would you say they were more talented than Ole Gunnar or RVN? They left United still in their primes and neither made any impact after.