IGNORED

Another American Here

atl_toffee89

Hello Brothers and Sisters

I'm joining Toffee Talk from Kennesaw, GA. USA. (Just North of Atlanta). Being an American goalkeeper, I began following EFC after howard made his move to Goodison. Growing up in the US soccer system, I was surrounded by fans of either barca, madrid or the big 4...not being one to conform to social standards I chose to support a team with history, culture and pride. Everton couldn't have been a more perfect fit for me.

Now that I am a coach, I try to instill the same passion I have for the game and EFC in these youngsters. I want to let you guys know that whenever EFC takes the pitch, you have a brother in America who is yelling, singing and cheering the toffees on to Victory!

No matter where we are in this world, we are bonded by blue.

Good to meet you Atl_Toffee89 (Do you mind if I just call you Atl? rofl.gif )

So you were a goalie too eh? You do realise it is common knowledge that all goalies are actually quite mad?

Welcome to the Bitter, Twisted, and PROUD blues and enjoy with us the pain and joy (mostly pain) of being an Evertonian/Bluenose/Toffee.

I'm joining Toffee Talk from Kennesaw, GA. USA. (Just North of Atlanta). Being an American goalkeeper, I began following EFC after howard made his move to Goodison. Growing up in the US soccer system, I was surrounded by fans of either barca, madrid or the big 4...not being one to conform to social standards I chose to support a team with history, culture and pride. Everton couldn't have been a more perfect fit for me.

Now that I am a coach, I try to instill the same passion I have for the game and EFC in these youngsters. I want to let you guys know that whenever EFC takes the pitch, you have a brother in America who is yelling, singing and cheering the toffees on to Victory!

Welcome Blue!......sounds like you already understand.Nice intro!

If it ever says Mike Walker or Gordon Lee over your Avatar it is a code for going away and hiding yourself in abject misery. rofl.gif

Yes because Gordon Lee was such a bad manager wasn't he. League Cup Final, FA Cup semi-finals, UEFA cup finishes, usually playing well with names like Latchford, Lyons, McKenzie, King etc. Maybe some are too young to remember, but bottom line is, I don't see Lee as a bad manager, certainly did more at the time than some of the later appointments we saw at this club. Walker is good enough for ridicule

Welcome to the new participant above all else

Yes because Gordon Lee was such a bad manager wasn't he. League Cup Final, FA Cup semi-finals, UEFA cup finishes, usually playing well with names like Latchford, Lyons, McKenzie, King etc. Maybe some are too young to remember, but bottom line is, I don't see Lee as a bad manager, certainly did more at the time than some of the later appointments we saw at this club. Walker is good enough for ridicule

Welcome to the new participant above all else

Have to admit I thought Lee was at times very unlucky, he was a good honest man who had Everton at times playing some good football.....plus the man had the foresight to sign Graeme Sharp.Certainly not a name to be ashamed of (Gordon Lee) .

Have to admit I thought Lee was at times very unlucky, he was a good honest man who had Everton at times playing some good football.....plus the man had the foresight to sign Graeme Sharp.Certainly not a name to be ashamed of (Gordon Lee) .

I felt we were good enough to beat Manchester United in the '77 Cup Final if we had made it - and would have, if Clive 'fuckstick' Thomas hadn't ruled out a perfectly legitimate goal in the semi-final game near the very end. Sharp wasn't used much by Lee but it was still very early days for the player, and when Kendall came in, was utilized a lot more and given a chance to show potential, and a legend was in the making. Lee may not have won anything, but he's been one of our most successful managers since Catterick nonetheless. See Moyes of today and his last decade of tenure

I felt we were good enough to beat Manchester United in the '77 Cup Final if we had made it - and would have, if Clive 'fuckstick' Thomas hadn't ruled out a perfectly legitimate goal in the semi-final game near the very end. Sharp wasn't used much by Lee but it was still very early days for the player, and when Kendall came in, was utilized a lot more and given a chance to show potential, and a legend was in the making. Lee may not have won anything, but he's been one of our most successful managers since Catterick nonetheless. See Moyes of today and his last decade of tenure

Thrush

Welcome mate, the more the merrier :)