IGNORED

Phil Neville - top 10 is a massive achievement

Hafnia

I think his quote would be fair if he was at Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle - we are Everton. The 4th most succesful team in England, first team to have a purpose built stadium, first on merseyside - "a club like Everton" stinks of a patronsing "i've played for man united" attitude.

We were smacking his team 5-0 on the way to winning the league and just missing out on a double when he was still in play school.

A club like Everton never used to have captains spend more time pointing and bluffing their way through games with zero technical ability.

So if we are happy to be "a club like Everton" rather than "a great club like Everton" - just ignore comments made by this mouthpiece content to toe the party line for his joe average employers who pay him £50k a week.

Didn't Moyes say something similar previous, about how a top ten finish would be a worthy achievement. I think he's just pleased to not be involved in a relegation battle and safety first all the way etc. Don't know what Neville was thinking of, but top ten for this club isn't a great achievement now. May have been more appropriate under some of the shit served up by Walker or Smith but supporters would hope to set their sights a bit higher these days. What have we had thus far this season ? A quarter-final place and still in with an opportunity of european soccer next season ? Some may look on that as a decent return, but I just feel frustrated above all else. The opportunities have been there to have done so much more and you have to tell yourselves, that a very decent chance of getting back to the FA cup Final, has now passed. Still upset about the way things have gone in recent weeks.

I think questions have been asked of Moyes for some time now Romey - its just his teflon jacket appears to be more tatty now.

Neville should not be allowed anywhere near the pitch after that last performance - indeed after many of his performances. The problem is he's too close to the management - involved in match prep etc. He is without doubt the blue eyed boy. How he gets a pick ahead of gibson is bewildering.

Human nature the way I see it - surely the likes of Barkley and Gibson and anyone else who can kick a ball in midfield must either think or must at least mutter "what is he doing playing?!" - surely it would be a cause for discontent.

I would drop fellaini and pienaar also for this game, Osman needs a bit of a word along the lines of "you better show you are England class" - its only your attitude that gets you this chance.

In's for me - Barkley, Gibson (of course), I would like to see McAleny get reward for his performances in the reserves - he knows where the net is.

We can't go dropping Fellaini and Pienaar Haf, or City will rip us to bits.

What I would do is play both Gibson and Hitz in the middle, like this.

--------------- Mucha

Coleman - ???? - Distin - Baines

-----------Hitz -- Gibson -------------

Mirallas - Fellaini - Pienaar

------------- Anichebe

Neville, and Osman can sit down.

I'd like to see Oviedo get a run out too.

I think Moyes will play both Nev, and Osman though, and probably Jelavic, and even Naismith.

Fellaini with Hitzelsperger in def mid for me -

try Gibson forward centrally with Pienaar and Mirallas -

with Anichebe as lone striker -

at the back Coleman , Heitinga , Distan and Baines -

so from Avin's side I just switch Fellaini and Gibson around

Great minds think alike.

You'll go far in this business. Stick with me kid. happy.png

I have always wondered why Gibson doesn't play further forward. After all he is probably the best ball playing midfielder we have with the best technique,who can spot a pass yet we play him deep where he basically just keeps the ball moving and isn't even that great defensively.

I have always wondered why Gibson doesn't play further forward. After all he is probably the best ball playing midfielder we have with the best technique,who can spot a pass yet we play him deep where he basically just keeps the ball moving and isn't even that great defensively.

I don't think he has the best legs to cover enough ground to play further forward. Ideally we'd have someone like Felli next to him to allow him more freedom.

I dont think you need to have 'legs' to be able to play there. For example if you had Fellaini deeper with Gibson and Osman ahead of him it wouldnt probably suit all 3 players.

I don't think he has the best legs to cover enough ground to play further forward. Ideally we'd have someone like Felli next to him to allow him more freedom.

I dont think you need to have 'legs' to be able to play there. For example if you had Fellaini deeper with Gibson and Osman ahead of him it wouldnt probably suit all 3 players.

That's what I was getting at. Due to us not playing a natural defensive midfielder, he can't afford to go forward much as he has to be more aware of the defensive duties.