IGNORED

Phil Neville - top 10 is a massive achievement

Hafnia

Sky report says very different....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8557464/Phil-Neville-hoping-to-help-Everton-qualify-for-Europe

"The Champions League place is in the distance, a European place, we would take that now. It's what we have been going for all season, making sure that next season there is European football being played at Everton. That's our aim and remains our aim."

"If we can finish in the top four then so be it, but at the moment our short-term aim is to win next Saturday against Man City, to recover and bounce back and show a reaction that we didn't get on Saturday against Wigan and to attack the last eight or nine games of the season."

On twitter it says the comment was shown 3 times on sky and then mysteriously disappeared from following broadcasts - with the site showing the edited transcript.

Now what y'all make of that, some people seen the unedited effort....

Apparently it was to Fraser Dainton.

Edited by Hafnia

I like Phil Neville. It's not his fault he's put out into the team, granted he could retire but what if he doesn't want to? If he's not good enough then the manager should realise that and not play him. He will no doubt be gutted about what happened against Wigan and we have to move on from it, I think all this Twitter thing is a load of bollocks. Our club captain will know better than to say stuff like that.

By the way if this;

"Only twice in the last 11 years we've finished outside the top 10, that's a massive achievement for a club like Everton..."

...is the quote then I agree with him. 11 years ago we were fighting relegating so to finish suddenly in the Top 10 for so many seasons is a great achievement of the club.

Word spreads? I dunno, I'm not saying you're wrong as it could well be right (considering that he did say on Twitter that Ashley Cole was better than Leighton Baines) but I'm not gonna start calling him when there is no evidence.

(yet).

I like Phil Neville. It's not his fault he's put out into the team, granted he could retire but what if he doesn't want to? If he's not good enough then the manager should realise that and not play him. He will no doubt be gutted about what happened against Wigan and we have to move on from it, I think all this Twitter thing is a load of bollocks. Our club captain will know better than to say stuff like that.

By the way if this;

"Only twice in the last 11 years we've finished outside the top 10, that's a massive achievement for a club like Everton..."

...is the quote then I agree with him. 11 years ago we were fighting relegating so to finish suddenly in the Top 10 for so many seasons is a great achievement of the club.

Fans need to look at the intentions behind the comment.

We are nothing compared to United etc, and can't have the same expectations and goals.

that statement is tantamount to crying wolf to scare the kids -

now suddenly we have to be forever gratefull to be an also runner - bulldust - that is not why i am an Everton supporter -

why do whe have to settle for mediocrity just to accommodate clowns like Phill Neville ?

that statement is tantamount to crying wolf to scare the kids -

now suddenly we have to be forever gratefull to be an also runner - bulldust - that is not why i am an Everton supporter -

why do whe have to settle for mediocrity just to accommodate clowns like Phill Neville ?

.... Because we 'are' mediocre, and have been for nearly 30 years.

All it takes is one good season beating bottom half clubs home and away then picking up 10 points against the top half teams is doable this is basically Spurs method. Even if Everton put 11 locals on the pitch Bilbao style we'd be in with a chance as Liverpool is a hotbed of footballing talent. Top half should be a minimum, top 4 are higher expectation and once thats achieved investment from comp money to kick on and go for the league. Moyes has been here 11 years we should be closer to building a better side, he should have made Europe properly by now. The first leg the time he did sums him up, a top bottler (albeit a shit ref in the 2nd didn't help), not a born winner willing to risk it all to be successful.

Edit: Even a very average Ipswich side managed to finish 4th in this league.

Edited by pete0

All it takes is one good season beating bottom half clubs home and away then picking up 10 points against the top half teams is doable this is basically Spurs method. Even if Everton put 11 locals on the pitch Bilbao style we'd be in with a chance as Liverpool is a hotbed of footballing talent. Top half should be a minimum, top 4 are higher expectation and once thats achieved investment from comp money to kick on and go for the league. Moyes has been here 11 years we should be closer to building a better side, he should have made Europe properly by now. The first leg the time he did sums him up, a top bottler (albeit a shit ref in the 2nd didn't help), not a born winner willing to risk it all to be successful.

Edit: Even a very average Ipswich side managed to finish 4th in this league.

That same Ipswich side are bottom of the Championship at present.

If the footballing world was a pc game, it would initially be a level playing field, until, certain teams gained an advantage, by being able to afford better technology, and using the odd hack.

Those that are unhappy need to consider the teams that currently finish above us. They aren't better than us because they are managed better, or train harder. They are better than us because they have paid for that priviledge, just like a company can do so on Google search engine listings etc.

Saying....

isn't the same as saying...

"...top ten is a massive achievement"

....though is it?

If you put it in the context that only Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Arsenal will have finished top ten more times than us in the last eleven years it makes it a bit clearer what he was meaning to say (giving him the benefit of any doubt).

That same Ipswich side are bottom of the Championship at present.

If the footballing world was a pc game, it would initially be a level playing field, until, certain teams gained an advantage, by being able to afford better technology, and using the odd hack.

Those that are unhappy need to consider the teams that currently finish above us. They aren't better than us because they are managed better, or train harder. They are better than us because they have paid for that priviledge, just like a company can do so on Google search engine listings etc.

Wikipedia smashed Encarta, funding only goes so far, but with the right attitude anything is possible.

It appears we've hit a glass ceiling. We've been finishing around 7th for the past 5 years now; usually due to a strong finish in the second half of the season. This time we started really well, but now we're slumping in form in the second half. Why can't we be consistent for the whole season? I'm not happy with being just makeweights, I want Everton to be knocking on the door asking questions of the top four every year. I think DM has built the team up to be a consistent top 10 finishing club but now the ship is steady, let's be pressing on.

I think the fans are wanting/expecting more now. We should be looking for consistent European qualifying football finishes now, a step up from mere 'top 10'.

I banged my head once when walking in a cave.

I wish that had been glass, ha ha. Unfortunately it was something a little harder.

It appears we've hit a glass ceiling. We've been finishing around 7th for the past 5 years now; usually due to a strong finish in the second half of the season. This time we started really well, but now we're slumping in form in the second half. Why can't we be consistent for the whole season? I'm not happy with being just makeweights, I want Everton to be knocking on the door asking questions of the top four every year. I think DM has built the team up to be a consistent top 10 finishing club but now the ship is steady, let's be pressing on.

I think the fans are wanting/expecting more now. We should be looking for consistent European qualifying football finishes now, a step up from mere 'top 10'.