IGNORED

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2013

THFC6061

The goal came from their most threatening attacking player all day - Kyle Walker. Oviedo could have come on and just doubled up with Baines - hindsight eh?!

Wasn't even thinkin that to be honest..not sayin oviedo would have prevented them scoring but he would surely contribute more than naismith whilst also having the pace to get out after a cleared ball

Wasn't even thinkin that to be honest..not sayin oviedo would have prevented them scoring but he would surely contribute more than naismith whilst also having the pace to get out after a cleared ball

I think Moyes should have spotted the threat of Walker though and Oviedo would have been the obvious sub in that regard.

The best way to prevent an attacking full back getting forward is to give them some defending to worry about.

I know from amateur level that when a threat is removed you will hear the shouts of "get at them, don't worry about this lad coming on, he's useless!"

Bit harsh but yeah, it's how it works.

Mirallas was worth the risk of the extra 10 minutes - the 3 points was make or break for me. Be great to see him next season after a full pre season behind him - I would like the club to get him looked at from an injury perspective. Get him doing yoga/take out his wisdom teeth or whatever means have helped players in the past.

I think Moyes should have spotted the threat of Walker though and Oviedo would have been the obvious sub in that regard.

Exactly what i was saying. It was painfully obvious that walker was causing us problems with his pace, so what does moyes do?

Stick Osman over there who was already blowing out his arse. I really dont understand his thinking at all sometimes.

On another note, was Neville injured? Or just not included?

Exactly its the logical choice. He may not have been able to do anything about the goal as IMO Baines sold himself too easily but its that type of thing that separates Moyes and the top managers.

Exactly what i was saying. It was painfully obvious that walker was causing us problems with his pace, so what does moyes do?

Stick Osman over there who was already blowing out his arse. I really dont understand his thinking at all sometimes.

On another note, was Neville injured? Or just not included?

do you really care?

agree with the moyes comments, he does do a good job and i want him to stay but some decisions are really basic errors sometimes, osman out on the wing, barkley too no winger, neville was never a center midfielder billy was an attacking midfielder everyone does seem to get played out of postion or end up defensive minded but apart from that and his late subs no one would do a better job at this moment with the players love for the manager imo.

I don't think I've seen too many posts applauding Moyes for the times he gets it right.

It's fair to say he gets it right more often than he gets it wrong, too.

Personally I dont think he does (subs wise). Most of the time Im left scratching my head or wondering why he has left it so late to make a change when players are clearly flagging.