IGNORED

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2013

THFC6061

Spurs had possession but apart from a few chances they didn't create that much. Their 2nd goal was deserved from possession point of biew but the shot hit the post and could have gone anywhere. I thought that we nullified them well tbh.

Hitz should have come on for Ossy at the 75 minute mark but its easy to call it from your sofa.

Edited by London Blue

Fair result on balance of chances created, its better result for you than us

Bloody Jagielka was too good today, I wish you had a defender that was shit

Distin wasn't troubled too much

the fella at the end should have lifted over Lloris

Wonderful goal by Miralles

but I wish you all well for the rest of the season

and Please beat the Scum ( Arsenal for those that don't know )

We need to take the positives from today, Spurs are a top team and we should remember that. To get a point away from home against a CL contender is good stuff.

Obviously 3 points would have been nice but ask yourself... Would you have taken a point before KO?

I would.

We need to take the positives from today, Spurs are a top team and we should remember that. To get a point away from home against a CL contender is good stuff.

Obviously 3 points would have been nice but ask yourself... Would you have taken a point before KO?

I would.

I wouldn't have. We needed to win to stand a chance of improving on our current league position. It's not gonna happen anymore now.

I would.

I agree. We need to take 9 points from the 3 home matches, 3 points at Sunderland and not lose the other 3. If those 3 end in a draw it would mean 67 points, which should be enough for Europe hopefully.

It seems quite tough on paper, but a team with enough quality for European football should be able to do it. If you imagine Chelsea or Arsenal having to do it you'd think they'd have a chance, so why not us?

I would.

Prior to the game then yes, i would agree but during the course of the game whilst we did play shite, they were no better and we should have won it.

I wouldn't have. We needed to win to stand a chance of improving on our current league position. It's not gonna happen anymore now.

we're 6 points behind 4th with a game in hand and have to play Chelski and Arsenal too, only 2 of the remaining 7 games we have (potential 21 points). Its on.

edit: only 6 points behind 3rd, if the Chelski game stays the same.

Edited by Matt

I'm worrying about my sanity because I didn't think we played that badly at all.

We weren't great but I wasn't too disappointed with the way we played.

You didn't think there was a tad bit too much hoofball at times then?

A good result overall though.

Edited by Simon

we're 6 points behind 4th with a game in hand and have to play Chelski and Arsenal too, only 2 of the remaining 7 games we have (potential 21 points). Its on.

edit: only 7 points behind 3rd, if the Chelski game stays the same.

Tottenham are the worst of the top teams we're still playing though imo, and I can't see us getting anything at Anfield either.

Tottenham are the worst of the top teams we're still playing though imo, and I can't see us getting anything at Anfield either.

Id say Tottenham at full strength are better than both Arsenal and Chelsea, but thats just me.

Im so infuriated by moyes today, i thought we played quite well all game then when it comes to the last few minutes, Moyes turns into a rabbit in the headlights and decides to stick with what he knows and brings on the ever so reliable naismith (HA) on for the only player who can run with the ball bar coleman (which is what you need when your under pressure). Osman was dead on his feet for the last 15-20 mins and they just kept coming down the right, you didnt have to be a genius to figure out that you need to bring on a freah pair of legs to stick with the runners.

If you watch the goal again, the cross that comes in, Osman is running in quicksand behind walker. Oveido would have been perfect in that situation, doesnt need to do anything other than get the ball and run, but yet again when it comes to the big games, moyes just doesnt get it.

Went the pub as i cancelled my ESPN last month cos we are never on ha ha. I thought we were poor today. Although theres a alot of footie to be played we need to win an away game against the teams we are chasing and with 85 mins left can you ask for a better opportunity? We were to direct again and our fullbacks had no chance to get forward. Ross for me looks way out of his depth unfortunately. I think it shows with the right investment we are champions league material. Summed it up for me with the Vic chance, a top forward would have dinked it

I think we have probably scraped a point that on balance we didnt deserve. First half I thought we matched them but we surrendered possession at every opportunity in the 2nd half and they probably should have scored at least 2.

I thought we set up for the first 30 sec's very well, Heitinga was a clear DM and we looked organised. That all fell apart when we decided not to close down Vertonghen and the Distin decided to ball watch and let Adebayor get in behind him. Distin was particularly poor in that first 20mins but after that he was solid. After that Moyes panicked and went straight back to our usual 4-4-1-1 with Heitinga and Gibson as the two central midfielders and that wasnt a smart move because they are both lack mobility and it didnt help us pick the ball up from the back.

The rest of the first half went well, both sides created chances, we pegged one back but we always lacked quality. Mirallas was clearly playing with his hammy in mind and Osman would do something well and then give the ball back straight away. Barkley could never really influence the game unsurprisingly from out wide and impressed me more with his defensive work than anything else because he put in some good challenges and covered the angles. Vic was impressing me again.

Second half started sluggishly and none of our midfielders could find a team mate. Gibson, Heits and in particular Barkley and Osman just lost possession time and time again and while I didnt disagree with bringing Barkley off, bringing Jelavic on just caused more and more problems.

After that brilliant goal by Mirallas we were trying to hang on, playing long ball and hoping that Jelly and Vic could pick up the scraps. Our midfield went to shit from that point on and it was all Spurs. No-one really knew their position and it shows on their goal. Osman caught flat footed (albeit Baines should have done much better!), and no-one took responsibility to pick up Adebayor or any of the Spurs players queuing up behind him.Gibson and Heits were constantly being given the runaround. Spurs were threatening without having that final spark but even so they were creating a lot more than we were. Dembele in particular was causing us all sorts of problems and I was very surprised to see him go off! Moyes tried to hang on despite Osman getting worse by the second and while he injected some fresh legs, it wasnt enough. Vic had a glorious opportunity to score in the final minutes but couldnt finish it off.

Overall there were some good and bad points. Vic caused them all sorts of problems when he was able to get the ball under control and it was nice to see Barkley get some game time (albeit out of position). Again our subs were uninspiring and didnt help us IMO and while we didnt deserve to win, its a shame that we couldnt hang on with only a few minuted to go.

Went the pub as i cancelled my ESPN last month cos we are never on ha ha. I thought we were poor today. Although theres a alot of footie to be played we need to win an away game against the teams we are chasing and with 85 mins left can you ask for a better opportunity? We were to direct again and our fullbacks had no chance to get forward. Ross for me looks way out of his depth unfortunately. I think it shows with the right investment we are champions league material. Summed it up for me with the Vic chance, a top forward would have dinked it

Haven't you heard of watching the game on your pc? huh.png

I think it was a fair result today, although Spurs could really have done with the extra two points.

Bearing in mind we had three regular attacking starters missing - Defoe, Bale & Lennon - I thought goals would be hard to come by today, but Adebayor & Sigurdsson delivered the goods.

The very best of luck to Everton for the rest of the season - perhaps we can both get Champions League football in 2013-14?

Vic's slowly getting there, I think once the players around him really trust and understand his movement he will be a problem for any opponents.If he could do the donkey work for Jelavic, and Jelavic discover his old form then that will be a hell of a partnership.

Looks like Mirallas is probably carrying a slight problem, we know Gibson needs surgery, Moyes seems to be keeping an eye on Mirallas, what a great goal though, in what for him was a quite game.

Baines looks better with Pienaar, hopefully the two game rest will refresh he and Fellaini for the end of the season.

Thought Ross showed he still needs a while before he's ready to start, he looked strong, got into decent positions but could't pick his pass. Spurs were playing at a high pace, that didn't help him.You can see he's got it, it's just we need to let him build up to it.Many were ready to kick Victor out a year or two ago.I don't think Vic lost many of his battles today and is still improving, my man of the match.

No im rubbish at computers wouldnt know how to stream a wank. Just got the feeling Moysie has fucked up big time this year.We should be in a semi and clear of fourth.Newcastle,Norwich and Fulham away where we conceded in the last few minutes to name but a few

You didn't think there was a tad bit too much hoofball at times then?

A good result overall though.

A tad to much, if it wasnt for victor like someone has already said gettting to things he had no right to get, holding it up and chasing all day i dont think we would have scored 2 goals even though he did have a chance at the end he made it himself. he looks twice the player jelavic is at the moment, i didnt think i would be saying that but he really has come on lately.

osman is so inconsistant one minute he looks a top player 5 mintues later he's given the ball away twice and missed a chance then goes hiding,

how people were saying jagielka for motm cant agree gives the ball away with useless lumps to no one defensively he can be up there with the top defenders but his distrubution is not good enough for me anyway players use alot more energy chasing the ball back and to give it away so cheaply then chase a team on the edge of your box for 5 mintues doesnt make sense to me, dont give the ball away so cheaply and we wouldnt have to use massive effort to chase the ball for half the game, when mirallas went off as usual we had no one interested in actually attacking there team in the second half and trying to score victor aswell but its all to defensive for me in the game now you try and sit back for half the game the goal always comes in the end

it is possible 4th but realisticly it looks in doubt now we didnt win today but you can only hope we can keep going and win some of these teams who on paper are better teams now that fellaini and pienaar come back soon that will help but to beat chelsea and liverpool away were going to have to come on as a team and really push on, we flap at the second any pressures put on in the big games we have to change if we want to get champions league because i really dont think the likes of fellaini baines mirillas pienaars wont want to stay around playing for nothing.

Sort of a prototypical Everton performance for the year. Asleep from the off, recover well, take the lead, then sit back and fail to defend the lead.

Could, and probably should have won it with Vic's late run, or the one he blasted over, or the one Jelly shot straight at Lloris when Gibson was through.

Really disappointed with how we set up after the second goal. Decided to concede possession and work with scraps when we clearly had to quality to dominate possession. Don't think we managed to establish sustained possession once after Mirallas' goal.

Howard did all he could really. Came and gathered everything he could and saved really well from Dembele's deflected shot. Harsh to put either goal at his feet.

Coleman defended well today, but was poor going forward, especially in the first 20 or so he just couldn't pick a pass.

Apart from the first 10 minutes I though both CBs played well, didn't really get pulled out of position and closed things down at the right time.

Baines was mediocre for me. Stood up well to Walker for the most part, but clearly beaten for their second goal. Didn't offer much going forward either.

Barkley, as mentioned, was decent defensively (apart from standing off Vertonghen for their first). Seemed to want to get forward, but was too slow to get the ball out of his feet and make the pass. Just wanting too much time on the ball at the moment. Think he'll do much better if he's heavily involved form the start of the season to adapt to the pace.

Osman was all over the place, brilliant one moment then falling to pieces. As mentioned, he was clearly gassed by the 75th minute and should have been subbed. Thought Oviedo was badly needed.

Gibson, don't think he did anything wrong. A few unnecessarily hurried clearance and m=long passes that didn't connect, but he was at least looking to set things away and only really had Anichebe making purposeful runs in front of him.

Heitinga, well it's not his position is it. He got in a few blocks that were needed and he didn't wander away from his home base, but also don't think he put himself about enough. Just too slow to cover the ground in the middle of the park. Far too often Adebayor would drop into his hole and Heitinga couldn't keep up which allowed them easy possession in the middle of the park. Also thought he lost his head a few times. Hacking clearances when he should have been bringing it down with some composure.

Mirallas took his goal ever so well, and that seemed to wake him up a bit, as he'd bee really poor up to that point. Unfortunately, Moyes clearly instructed that we sit back once we took the lead and that nullified whatever Mirallas might have given us. Did reasonably well defensively. Seems responsible with his tracking back when it's needed.

Vic, clearly MOTM. Bashed and bullied Caulker and Dawson all over the park. Combined his strength with deft touches and good control. Still has a bit of the bull in a china shop mentality at times though and you can almost see the blood go to his head when something starts to open up. As long as he stays fit I think he should be starting ahead of Jelavic. Vic's not all the way there yet, but the games and confidence is clearly helping him.

Jelly, meh. A few decent touches, but just didn't hold the ball well enough, took a weak shot when he should have passed, and didn't seem to have anything near the pace or power of Vic. He's going to need to find his killer instinct again soon if he wants to be starting.

Naismith, who? Hope we scam someone into giving us a few quid for him in the summer. In his defence, he does always seem to know where Jelly is, and the one time he got onto a ball in the final 1/3 he immediately turned and hit it towards him in the box.

As usual, thought we could have done more with our subs and as mentioned by others it was clear that a few of the lads had hit the wall by the time they got their second.

Good to see the fight and a decent point, but 3 were there for the taking.

I think it was a fair result today, although Spurs could really have done with the extra two points.

Bearing in mind we had three regular attacking starters missing - Defoe, Bale & Lennon - I thought goals would be hard to come by today, but Adebayor & Sigurdsson delivered the goods.

The very best of luck to Everton for the rest of the season - perhaps we can both get Champions League football in 2013-14?

so long as you finish 4th and we finish 3rd, all the best to you too mate :P

You going to revive your thread of random facts?