IGNORED

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2013

THFC6061

Sort of a prototypical Everton performance for the year. Asleep from the off, recover well, take the lead, then sit back and fail to defend the lead.

Good to see the fight and a decent point, but 3 were there for the taking.

season summary, in 2 lines.

No im rubbish at computers wouldnt know how to stream a wank. Just got the feeling Moysie has fucked up big time this year.We should be in a semi and clear of fourth.Newcastle,Norwich and Fulham away where we conceded in the last few minutes to name but a few

7 - Everton have lost seven points from goals conceded in the final 5 mins of games this season, a joint-high with Southampton. Slip.

so long as you finish 4th and we finish 3rd, all the best to you too mate tongue.png

You going to revive your thread of random facts?

It's getting very hard to post the questions on individual forums these days, as my site is taking-up much more of my time.

But the daily questions are always available here...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/index.html

Had to make do with action on that awful highlights program but first and foremost, didn't even expect anything from todays journey. Recognize they're a very good side and even with pivotal figures out, would still present a menace. Only three minutes away from a great win but it wasn't to be. The Mirallas strike was something to behold, and although the defense was questionable at times, the opportunities were there to maybe have scored more than we did. Moyes once again, makes a bizarre substitution or two, once again, does himself no favors, and any departure maybe can't come quick enough for some, seemed to cling on for the win with some good time to go instead of trying for a killer third, and in the end, they managed an equalizing goal. Damn frustrating when you're in sight of a very decent result at a difficult venue.

So, it was a good result on paper, a draw at Spurs is something to be proud of, even with one or two star names out, but the opportunities were there to have taken more from today and it does hurt that we got done near the end there. Damn frustrating, but it is a decent standalone result.

I just can't get over Moyes choice and timing of subs. Take off our biggest goal threat when we are trying to hang on??? Stupid. Mirallas was being doubled up on after his goal, taking him off allowed the spurs defenders more freedom and less to worry about, I dare say we needed him after the equaliser.

We are where we are, the league doesn't lie, we continue to concede late on and the manager has to take accountability for that. Circling the wagons does not work against top class opposition. You have got to continue to ask questions of them, make them know that you are hungry for more goals. That draw felt like a loss.

It's hardly down to Naisy coming on that we lost that goal.

Moyes can do no right sometimes.

I don't think Naismith coming on was the problem - it was taking Mirallas off which was the issue. Any footballer would tell you, when they see they opposition take off their best attacking player they get a lift. I believe one of the chances we had after they equalised would have been taken by mirallas.

Moyes is hardly helping mirallas by saving him 10 minutes of effort.

I personally thought he constantly lost the ball, and was very weak. Had it been Naisy or Nev fans would have been out with the axes, but because it was Barkley, he "Didn't do much wrong" ? dont%20know.gif

Weak? I think the lads an ox, he uses his size very well indeed. He was a 6 out of 10 performer for me. Played out of position against top class opponents, with little match experience it was an ok perfromance. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to criticise really. If I was critical I would say he appears a bit lazy.

Weak? I think the lads an ox, he uses his size very well indeed. He was a 6 out of 10 performer for me. Played out of position against top class opponents, with little match experience it was an ok perfromance. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to criticise really. If I was critical I would say he appears a bit lazy.

It shows how we all see things differently Haf.

I personally thought he constantly lost the ball, and was very weak. Had it been Naisy or Nev fans would have been out with the axes, but because it was Barkley, he "Didn't do much wrong" ? dont%20know.gif

i'm a fan of naismith..i just think he's utilised wrong so don't lump me in with the doom merchants against him...it's a personal opinion that i don't think he stood out to be particularly good or bad

i'm a fan of naismith..i just think he's utilised wrong so don't lump me in with the doom merchants against him...it's a personal opinion that i don't think he stood out to be particularly good or bad

That's why I started the sentence stating they were my own thoughts. smile.png

I know deep down you are a sensitive caring individual who is just misunderstood, so I just offer you the platform to show your good side to the world by allowing you to debate with me. happy.png

Same here. Won quite a lot of ball in the air too.

I don't think Naismith coming on was the problem - it was taking Mirallas off which was the issue. Any footballer would tell you, when they see they opposition take off their best attacking player they get a lift. I believe one of the chances we had after they equalised would have been taken by mirallas.

Moyes is hardly helping mirallas by saving him 10 minutes of effort.

I think making sure Mirallas is fit for the remaining games is a priority. It was touch and go whether he'd play at all so I don't blame Moyes for taking him off. He could have taken a knock or aggravated his injury further had he have stayed on. I understand what you are saying about the threat Mirallas gives us, and yes we could have done with that for the lay ten minutes, but I'd rather have him for the next few 90 mins to be honest.

This was not a bad result, Moyes gets the blame for the fact they equalised but he doesn't get any credit for going 1-2 up in the first place against a very good spurs team.

It was a good result but it could've been so much better...oviedo is a secondary left back\winger with a lot of pace..surely he is the obvious choice to help defend a lead cos he is a good out ball also..maybe i'm bein harsh but naismith offers nothing goin forward or at the back when he's played out wide

I'm not disagreeing with you, Naismith has been very disappointing this season. I was just responding to Hafs comment that Mirallas shouldn't have come off at all.

When we've tried to rush him back earlier in the season it has backfired and I think we should be glad we got 70-80 mins out of him rather than complain he got subbed.

It was a good result but it could've been so much better...oviedo is a secondary left back\winger with a lot of pace..surely he is the obvious choice to help defend a lead cos he is a good out ball also..maybe i'm bein harsh but naismith offers nothing goin forward or at the back when he's played out wide

The goal came from their most threatening attacking player all day - Kyle Walker. Oviedo could have come on and just doubled up with Baines - hindsight eh?!

I know man :-) i agree mirallas should've come off but moyes should get some stick for still persisting with naismith on the right or to see off games..we were lucky he didn't cos us against city..several times he was practically holding on to coleman leaving loads of space...rather than filling the space himself