IGNORED

Info for you

rubecula

You may have noticed a distinct lack of posts from me of late.

This is not because of my ignoring you .... (I may have been rofl.gif )

Or a lack of Internet (This is certainly true but not the reason)

The fact of the matter is I was seriously ill in hospital for over a month. I am still badly unwell too so I am unlikely to post too often in the near future.

How seriously unwell? Well it was VERY serious I am afraid, and still is.So please forgive my absence from the boards. I will do my best to be back properly soon.

Rubes.

Thanks Zoo, and yes it has been particularly nasty. Trust me to get a very rare and deadly illness. Ha! I can't just get the normal lethal diseases like any ordinary bloke eh?

And I'm guessing Everton's current form isn't exactly keeping you stress free either!

Thanks MikeO and Romey. I would tell you the gory details but it may be easier to let you look it up on Wikipedia. The stats are slightly optimistic but the details are fairly accurate.

I have been suffering with something called Fournier's Gangrene, it is not a real gangrene though it is closer to Ebola. (Jesus it is a scary bastard and fucking painful. To be told you have less than 6 hours left to live broadens the mind pretty sharpish I can assure you)

Thanks MikeO and Romey. I would tell you the gory details but it may be easier to let you look it up on Wikipedia. The stats are slightly optimistic but the details are fairly accurate.

I have been suffering with something called Fournier's Gangrene, it is not a real gangrene though it is closer to Ebola. (Jesus it is a scary bastard and fucking painful. To be told you have less than 6 hours left to live broadens the mind pretty sharpish I can assure you)

That sounds... scary, to say the least.

It was Romey but I signed the consent forms for the surgery so fast I nearly burned the paper. I have had 5 operations in a month and more to come. Only got out of hospital last night after being bed bound since February. I am very tired. So I am not going to be exactly prolific on here for a while.

Jeez....that looks nasty mate.

Six hours to live? Difficult to take in (they didn't tell you that five and a half hours ago did theyhuh.png?)

(Hope a tiny bit of humour isn't inappropriate)

Pretty nasty all round. Consultant gave me a stark message before surgery. Fist op took over 7 hours so I really dodged the bullet there.

Thank heavens for that. I thought you were going to say you had caught a serious condition like Redshiteitis. doh.gif

Hope you get better and have a full recovery mate. See you back soon hopefully. We miss ya !

I tried to thank you all individually for you wishes but it wouldn't let me.

So guys thank you all, it is much appreciated.

I have no idea how many more ops but there will be at least one.

Avin: I laughed at that comment and nearly popped something.... You bastard ... rofl.gif

Recovery will be long, and hard.

Say it again, genuinely hope you get back to full fitness and can get involved again soon. Sure put any health complaints into focus the last few days.

Here's something that may raise a smile, or someone may enjoy. Hell it almost raised a snigger this end. Get back soon OK

http://catsthatlooklikepinupgirls.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...