IGNORED

Everton General Meeting (26 June 2013) - Liverpool Philharmonic Hall

http://www.efcsa.org/2013/05/07/imminent-action-on-everton-fc-egm/

We are therefore very disappointed to announce that we have failed to convince the Board of Directors to voluntarily convene a General Meeting and will soon notify the Company Secretary of the Everton Football Club Company Limited that we have secured the necessary mandate from the shareholders and require that the Club proceed forthwith to convene a General Meeting.

• 1 month later...

Matt, on 08 Jun 2013 - 00:54, said:

how would one go about buying shares in Everton, Louis?

E-mail the EFCSA (communications.officer@efcsa.org) and ask if he knows of anyone willing to sell. Then be prepared to pay up to £1,500 for one share. :)

I noticed that the official site does not contain the same text as on the EFCSA petition:

Some dialogue took place with regards to the ‘show of hands’ that will occur at the General Meeting with Mr Ingles saying that the Club would push for a more formal vote. John Blain noted that the requisition clearly states a show of hands and therefore one will take place.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/06/07/notice-for-club-shareholders

This is from the EFCSA petition:

1. Obtaining from the Chairman and Board of Directors an explanation for their September 2008 decision to amend the Articles of Association such that Annual General Meetings need no longer be held and their reasons for not calling any General Meeting in the 5 years since.

2. Obtaining from the Board of Directors their appraisal of the financial performance of Everton Football Club Company Ltd over the past five years since the 128th and last AGM was held, specifically;

2.1 to answer questions from Shareholders concerning the financial performance of Everton Football Club Company Ltd over the past 5 years and to hear the Board of Directors future plans for the club.

3. To have a show of hands to pass a resolution, on receipt of the answers given by the board to the aforementioned questions, to require that the Directors of Everton Football Club Company Ltd amend the Articles of Association to ensure that the longstanding tradition of holding formal Annual General Meetings is permanently reinstated.

This is from the official site:

1. Obtaining from the Chairman and Board of Directors an explanation for their September 2008 decision to amend the Articles of Association such that Annual General Meetings need no longer be held and their reasons for not calling any General Meeting in the 5 years since.

2. Obtaining from the Board of Directors their appraisal of the financial performance of Everton Football Club Company Ltd over the past five years since the 128th and last AGM was held, specifically to answer questions from Shareholders concerning the financial performance of Everton Football Club Company Ltd over the past 5 years and to hear the Board of Directors future plans for the club.

3 . To pass a resolution, on receipt of the answers given by the board to the aforementioned questions, to require that the Directors of Everton Football Club Company Ltd amend the Articles of Association to ensure that the longstanding tradition of holding formal Annual General Meetings is permanently reinstated.

The official site does not mention a show of hands. That's quite a big difference, either it's a show of hands vote at the Philharmonic Hall or it comes down to shareholding. i.e. the board who own most of shares can outvote everyone even if they are the only four people to want to prevent AGMS.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/06/25/notice-to-shareholders?

People need to get there well before 6pm, it says people will be denied entrance if the meeting has started.

It's the first time that I've seen a list of proxies published. I recognise some from ToffeeWeb.

Keith Wyness was on twitter a while ago talking about it, I'm not sure whether he'd turn up though - he is a shareholder and it'd be fascinating if he had anything to say.

Sadly, I can't go. So I'm relying on StevO (via his dad?) for information.

I'm unsure to be honest, I haven't spoke to the guy for about three years. It's probably because he was a speaker at the Blue Union event last month.

the clubs public relations is pathetic. A perfect chance to offer an olive branch but instead further alienate (and provide ammo for) an unhappy group of supporters. Have they heard of being the bigger man?

What a joke.

the clubs public relations is pathetic. A perfect chance to offer an olive branch but instead further alienate (and provide ammo for) an unhappy group of supporters. Have they heard of being the bigger man?

You're both assuming that Louis saying "probably" (and being unsure) referring to a guy he hasn't spoken to for three years makes it fact :huh:?

I think to legally ban a shareholder from an EGM would need a bit of a stronger reason than "we don't like him".

You're both assuming that Louis saying "probably" referring to a guy he hasn't spoken to for three years makes it fact :huh:?

I think to legally ban a shareholder from an EGM would need a bit of a stronger reason than "we don't like him".

I was about to suggest similar Mike.

I don't think their PR is particularly bad. It's easy to take too much notice of the Internet protagonists.

You're both assuming that Louis saying "probably" (and being unsure) referring to a guy he hasn't spoken to for three years makes it fact :huh:?

I tend to trust Louis on these things, he's usually right! But, I suppose you're right, judgement should be saved....

I was about to suggest similar Mike.

I don't think their PR is particularly bad. It's easy to take too much notice of the Internet protagonists.

their PR is their biggest failing in my opinion, the badge change being a perfect example.

I tend to trust Louis on these things, he's usually right! But, I suppose you're right, judgement should be saved....

their PR is their biggest failing in my opinion, the badge change being a perfect example.

Being an example of what though Matt?

I'd say it was an example of how easily folk on the net influence each other.

They would be proxies, not shareholders.

This is from Dave Kelly, he's on the Executive Committee of the Everton FC Shareholders Association: http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/news/24990.html#439230

However, my major concern would be on how our Club continues to operate a BLACKLIST against its own FANS. I won't embarrass any individuals at this moment in time but the Club's behaviour leaves a bitter taste when two Proxies that I had a direct involvement in submitting have been denied their and the Shareholders' legal right to be in attendance.

So what we're saying is effectively that individual shareholders are waiving their right to attend and sending BU representatives, who wouldn't otherwise be eligible to be there, in their place? Can proxies speak?

Fair enough, but I don't see how if it's all properly done, and it's a legal question, the club can refuse without getting themselves into trouble?

When I went to the EGM, proxies were allowed to speak. I don't know about the legal intricacies of it.

Darren recently advised us that “ … we would have to approve any Shareholders Association guest list for an event here at Goodison Park and reserve the right to reject any guests on that list we would deem unwelcome …”

This was both a surprise and rather disappointing as such vetting had not occurred previously.

That was for a normal (non-EGM) event. The venue was moved from Goodison Park to Philharmonic Hall as the demand was too high for Goodison apparently, there was too much interest and not everyone would fit in Goodison's lounge.

Sourced from: http://www.efcsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Minutes-Quarterly-Meeting-with-EFC-CEO-170513.pdf

Why is it, that every time there is a grumble against the club, Dave Kelly and the BU are usually involved?

Why try to smuggle unwelcome proxies in to the meeting in the first place? It always comes across as the big bad wolf trying to jump in the sheep pen with the BU.

When I went to the EGM, proxies were allowed to speak. I don't know about the legal intricacies of it. That was for a normal (non-EGM) event. The venue was moved from Goodison Park to Philharmonic Hall as the demand was too high for Goodison apparently, there was too much interest and not everyone would fit in Goodison's lounge.Sourced from: http://www.efcsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Minutes-Quarterly-Meeting-with-EFC-CEO-170513.pdf

errrr... Hold it outside in the 40,000 capacity stadium then??