IGNORED

Everton General Meeting (26 June 2013) - Liverpool Philharmonic Hall

I'm watching twitter for the updates and it just seems all so pointless.

"Kenwright is asked how much the board had invested in the club. He responds that wages (ie not taking them) is "a colossal investment"."

Not taking many more questions now after someone told Robert Elstone that they felt Kitbag was not a good deal as Villa and Swansea earn more.

Kevin Campbell is putting Kenwright in touch with a New York based buyer...

I'm watching twitter for the updates and it just seems all so pointless.

"Kenwright is asked how much the board had invested in the club. He responds that wages (ie not taking them) is "a colossal investment"."

Not taking many more questions now after someone told Robert Elstone that they felt Kitbag was not a good deal as Villa and Swansea earn more.

Kevin Campbell is putting Kenwright in touch with a New York based buyer...

It must be so difficult for a group of millionaires not to take a wage.

The Kitbag deal is bad. I don't see how Elstone can dispute that.

Tried not to get too wound up reading the tweets, had to laugh at how it ended up, their glossy spin was starting to get destroyed by some cutting questions... Then all of a sudden the "please make this stop, I haven't got the answers" was pressed.

Club is run by amateurs, simple as that. Elstone hasn't a fooking clue. By the way if like to know how much the directors would like to be paid for being shite.

It must be so difficult for a group of millionaires not to take a wage.

The Kitbag deal is bad. I don't see how Elstone can dispute that.

he didn't dispute it, he simply stated the fact that its "gone from a loss-making operation into a profitable one". Which it has.

It's still rubbish in comparison, which I'm sure he won't admit to

Yeh the tweets I have seen suggest that all the main issues have been dodged and whatever they have tried to explain has little to no substance.

Exactly as I expected. Dodge and deflect. That's all the powers that be will ever do because if they actually answered the questions they'd show just what a mess they're making.

Very disappointed. They only answered six questions before pulling the plug. That in itself answers questions to me. They still don't want to be open about anything, they still won't accept criticism, they still aren't good enough.

Bills attitude, it just makes me mad. I was hurt by what happened so I took my train set home and put a pad lock on the door.

So bill felt "raped", totally improper use of the English language again bill.

The reality is that his stance of banning agms meant a group of fans got the answers recorded to questions he has been avoiding for too long. The bloke needs to get a grip or piss off, been sick and tired of him playing the martyr.

Unfortunate turn of phrase, probably will cause offence to some and faux-outrage to others.

Interesting thought here though; the Articles of Association were adjusted in 2008 to prevent AGMs taking place with a few exceptions, Bill Kenwright complains of feeling violated in 2011 and that's the reason he didn't want to face an AGM, then in 2013 he votes in favour of the AGM returning at the EGM called because he/his company stopped it in the first place.

Apparently the Articles of Association also prevent directors taking a wage.

Unfortunate turn of phrase, probably will cause offence to some and faux-outrage to others.

Interesting thought here though; articles of association were adjusted in 2008 to prevent AGMs, Bill Kenwright complaint of feeling violated in 2011 and that's the reason he didn't want to face an AGM, then in 2013 he votes in favour of the AGM returning - at the EGM called because he/his company stopped it in the first place.

It's like a soap opera!

So him saying they do it like it was some grand gesture was just a load of hot air?

As the most recent Articles of Association (linked by Louis) were passed in 2000 and "ammended by special resolution" in 2008 it looks like it was Bill and the board that added the "no wage" rule themselves....so not hot air. They're saying they'll not take a wage and also, as it stands, it stops future directors from taking one.

Though presumably new owners could come up with their own ammendments.

Some of you seem desperate to pounce on the slightest opportunity to have a go at the club. Slow down. :dont know:

Not the case Av, the administration of our club is rightly under the microscope, when they consistently come out with the same shite years after they should have had it addressed, you know we are going no where.

Every answer was a defence to a question they didn't want to hear, if they had come about and said "these are our issues, this is what we are doing about it" then great. But no, they expect the fans yet again to swallow the same old shite, commercially we have a bunch of half wits running the show.

Not the case Av, the administration of our club is rightly under the microscope, when they consistently come out with the same shite years after they should have had it addressed, you know we are going no where.

Every answer was a defence to a question they didn't want to hear, if they had come about and said "these are our issues, this is what we are doing about it" then great. But no, they expect the fans yet again to swallow the same old shite, commercially we have a bunch of half wits running the show.

i hate to agree but it's so true. You could predict the answers before the question was finished.

Why so much negativity,after all these years inhouse fighting I still haven't got a clue what the blue unions agenda is,forever bickering but no solutions.

I think it's called "lighting a fire under someone's arse" the club still have the same problems they had 5 years ago. Nothing has been fixed. The model they were operating is still the same. There is no vision at leadership level, they are a bunch of amateurs - completely out of their depth.

To prove this just look at the last head of comms (paul tyrell), the badge fiasco. Renegotiating our shite deal with Chang, it's absolutely shite!