IGNORED

Everton General Meeting (26 June 2013) - Liverpool Philharmonic Hall

Shareholders have the right to send their proxies to general meetings all right, but with their hands tied so to speak. For, proxies cannot vote on show of hands nor can they speak at general meetings. The law condescends to allow them to vote only on a poll.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/todays-paper/tp-opinion/proxies-of-shareholders-directors/article1010179.ece

"Guest" is different from a proxy though isn't it? So how does that apply?

I don't think it would to the General Meetings. That was just an extract from the minutes of the club meeting with the EFCSA. If you look at the link to Toffeeweb, there's a response from Tom Hughes. He says his response was misplaced after he had hand delivered it to the club.

errrr... Hold it outside in the 40,000 capacity stadium then??

Like the Packers? http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-Shareholders-Meeting-set-for-July-24/4b720e4d-27ad-4fad-a2e9-d6b3da33d6f6

Why don't the club play clever and send proxies in their own place? :rofl:

They do. The board members' shares are held in a company, those companies send the board members as proxies.

I'm unsure to be honest, I haven't spoke to the guy for about three years. It's probably because he was a speaker at the Blue Union event last month.

All known blue union members have been denied access.

It's a joke, and only serves to big up the rumours of paranoia at board level.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything back, but I expect twitter to be very upto date. Media and efcsa will most likely keep things updated.

Can you get a signal in the phil? Might not be so upto date actually.

All known blue union members have been denied access.

Is that BU members who are shareholders (would be a bit ridiculous banning shareholders from a shareholders meeting) or the "two" people that Louis is talking about being refused entry (as either guests or proxies)?

Is it anecdotal or is there proof that this is really happening?

Is that BU members who are shareholders (would be a bit ridiculous banning shareholders from a shareholders meeting) or the "two" people that Louis is talking about being refused entry (as either guests or proxies)?

Is it anecdotal or is there proof that this is really happening?

I believe Dave Kelly is a shareholder, and that he won't be allowed. But I don't have proof. Edited by MikeO

It doesn't help that it's just rumours without names. Going from the ToffeeWeb link, Tom Hughes said he physically handed in his form to the club and appointed a proxy as he couldn't attend, the form went missing and it transpired that his proxy would have been Colin Fitzpatrick - the guy who spoke out against Everton's off-field management at a public meeting.

I'm not sure of the identity of others.

One of the three who met with Bill Kenwright in 2011 seems to be on the proxy list. It may just be someone with the same name. I don't know them.

I just put out a few tweets, I didn't realise just how much there is to cover. There's Destination Kirkby, Walton Lane, Langham Street, Kitbag/Nike, Finch Farm lease etc. And that's before the board give a yay or nay to future meetings. James Asquith, Chairman of the EFCSA tweeted @ToffeeTalk saying: "we're going to be there all night! Perhaps if we'd had 5 meetings over the last 5 years things could be covered in more depth?".

I was reading Tony Barrett of The Times tweets, he quotes Kenwright telling shareholders that he was called a 'dickhead' and that Kenwright felt 'raped' and 'betrayed' on one occasion.

Three videos played tonight so far.

Someone asked about a shared stadium, so there'll be nothing but that in tomorrow's media now.

I was reading Tony Barrett of The Times tweets, he quotes Kenwright telling shareholders that he was called a 'dickhead' and that Kenwright felt 'raped' and 'betrayed' on one occasion.Three videos played tonight so far.Someone asked about a shared stadium, so there'll be nothing but that in tomorrow's media now.

must be "the interview"