IGNORED

Moyes should leave now

Let me say that David Moyes has been sensational for the toffees and he clearly got the best out of our players but i don't see the point in allowing him to see out the season as manager now that he has decided to leave. I also hope he doesn't take any of our players with him to united because if he does then that would be a disgrace and all repsect for him would be lost.

I think we have no choice really as i think the board have been naive and complacent in thinking Moyes would sign a new deal and have been caught with their pants down...

I don't think many would like to see Him just walk out and stick Round in for the last two games it would leave a very ill feeling and massively taint Moyes's reputation and time here.

The man's done a great job and every credit for getting to where He is now and I feel a good reception tomorrow from everyone at the old lady is the least he deserves imo.

He should obviously be given a proper send off from our fans on Sunday, but I agree he shouldn't be sitting on the bench any more. If he was moving abroad I would probably have no issues with it, but he's moving to another team in our league - and not to any team, but to Manchester United who are supposed to be rivals despite our recent dealings with them, and their success. I mean Moyes is already talking as the Manchester United manager. It will just makes us look small time really. The atmosphere should be quite interesting tomorrow anyway, not sure what to expect.

Edited by Fearthainn

Mr Moyes wants to ride two horses at the same tame -

he wants to wear two hats at the same time -

and he wants his bread buttered on both sides -

in my book that is taking it a bit far -

his home is where his heart is - and that is no longer at Everton -

so please Mr Moyes just leave our hand - we are old enough to stand on our own feet and face the football world -

some of us do not like being paraded like the Man United feeder club or door mat -

do the honourable thing and step down and accept your applause from anywhere but the dug out please !

Mr Moyes wants to ride two horses at the same tame -

he wants to wear two hats at the same time -

and he wants his bread buttered on both sides -

in my book that is taking it a bit far -

his home is where his heart is - and that is no longer at Everton -

so please Mr Moyes just leave our hand - we are old enough to stand on our own feet and face the football world -

some of us do not like being paraded like the Man United feeder club or door mat -

do the honourable thing and step down and accept your applause from anywhere but the dug out please !

I don't know whether you do it to wind folk up, but I always find your posts unnecessarily hard on Moyes. dont%20know.gif

Also, not wanting to cause offense, but why the line between every comment?

Let me say that David Moyes has been sensational for the toffees and he clearly got the best out of our players but i don't see the point in allowing him to see out the season as manager now that he has decided to leave. I also hope he doesn't take any of our players with him to united because if he does then that would be a disgrace and all repsect for him would be lost.

As it was mentioned, this wasn't necessary for a new starter, but what do you suggest on this.

Kick Moyes out now, as some would see him as a rival manager now in charge of team affairs and just bring in the first interim name that arises and let them take charge of the last two fixtures. Say again, the timing of all that has occured is questionable, but there's no sense in berating Moyes now with games left in change as team manager here. Just let him see out his last few weeks here, despite his moving on and decisions made. Guessing one or two names may indeed go along the M62 this close season between clubs, but a disgrace, and all respect lost ? Damn garbage.

Will always be grateful for moving the club forward after the shit tenure of Walter Smith, but will always insist he simply won't cut it at MUFC,but wish him well in whatever occurs

Moyes deserves a decent send off because he's been good for us and is leaving us for arguably the biggest job in football. If he was leaving us for any team then it's different but he's not, it's the most supported team in the world. Moyes has shown his loyalty by turning down (or not forcing) many opportunities in the past. ManU and the chance to replace SAF is the one job I don't think any manager (bar Guardiola) would turn down.

Edited by c1982

I think he deserves a very warm send off. Eleven years in today's football climate is a great effort. You have to take into account the poor finances he had available and he has left us in a much better position. If it was more than 2 games then I'd agree that he should step aside but our position of 6th is almost confirmed regardless of the next two results. I for one will be giving him the accolade he deserves tomorrow. Thanks Mr Moyes and for me I hope Martinez is his replacement.

I was afraid it might make us look small time today but it was in fact the complete opposite, I'm glad to admit I was wrong. Moyes couldn't have been more professional, the team reminded us all that there is a lot to look forward too with the quality we have in the squad, and what a brilliant atmosphere. Everything was absolute class - that's just how Everton do things. Proud to be an Evertonian!