IGNORED

Chelsea - Away Game - And a farewell to Moyes

Dalziel Kane

I've been disappointed with our 2nd half performances this season.

First half we are always inspired, and then seem to succumb in the 2nd. It will be interesting to see if this continues under a new manager.

I recall plenty of goals conceded in the first few minutes though. I don't think there is a fixed pattern, we just can't stay focused for 90 minutes.

I recall plenty of goals conceded in the first few minutes though. I don't think there is a fixed pattern, we just can't stay focused for 90 minutes.

That is our problem. We tend to have 15-20 minutes of brain-farts and usually concede. If we could learn to play for the full 90 minutes in top gear and stay switched on then we would be in a European place.

Guest rusty747

Ability is one thing. Belief is another. We now have enough players with ability to lose our 'punches above their weight' label. The biggest job our new manager faces is to get our players believing it and to stop thinking like underdogs. We need to take some more belief, confidence and even arrogance out on the pitch. I'm fed up of being thought of asthe nice club who just can't quite crack the top four. Next season needs to see a new attitude as well as a new manager.

Ability is one thing. Belief is another. We now have enough players with ability to lose our 'punches above their weight' label. The biggest job our new manager faces is to get our players believing it and to stop thinking like underdogs. We need to take some more belief, confidence and even arrogance out on the pitch. I'm fed up of being thought of asthe nice club who just can't quite crack the top four. Next season needs to see a new attitude as well as a new manager.

I'd like us to drop the 'Chang' on our shirt and replace it with 'Fuck off'.

I agree with you though, it's time we dropped the label of 'small club punching above their weight'. We've been in the Top 8 pretty much for the whole of DM's reign so we deserve to be there. We just need some belief so that we can push on and make ourselves Top 4 contenders.

All over then, and what do we have, a late defeat to a (personally) much disliked club side and the scorer in question only added salt to the wounds. Horrible side to lose to, but what the fuck can you do ?. No point in crying over spilt milk.

Take this opportunity to thank David Moyes for his services to the club, it has to be said, and some won't like it, but was unable to register a single victory away from Goodison Park against todays opposition, MUFC, Arsenal or Liverpool in his 11 years as manager, but above all else, he has done a very good job hithero with lack of resources and made the club recognized once again.

A little sad to see him move on after today but a new face and fresh challenge will be exciting and a wind of change could be quite refreshing.

In truth, upset about today, angry and disappointed with everything that occured, but you can't pick results to go in your favor, would have been real nice to have got a victory today against those, but it wasn't to be. I wish Moyes well in his future endeavors and sorry to the Scot that he couldn't sign off with a victory today he at least deserved for his decade of services at Goodison Park.

No point complaining about this or that... as I said before:

where's the rest of the quote

Well we won the FA cup today (in 1984) at a time when we were one of the very best sides in the country and had a long list of honors and achievements, and your 'team' or todays opposition, were bringing in crowds of 18,000 in the second division with one FA cup win to your long and illustrious history, so by that measure, shouldn't we have had a right to claim victory also ?

Or more to the point, Everton have never lost on this date in history either (until today) so what the fuck was that all about to begin with.

Guessing it should have been a draw maybe, and everyone would have gone home happy ?, but what's done is done. Can't change what occured today

Well we won the FA cup today (in 1984) at a time when we were one of the very best sides in the country and had a long list of honors and achievements, and your 'team' or todays opposition, were bringing in crowds of 18,000 in the second division with one FA cup win to your long and illustrious history,...

In 83/84 we had fourteen home league games (out of twenty-one) where the crowd was 18,000 or less so not a great comparisonunsure.png.

We became the best side in the country after that seasonwink.png.

Might need to get used to that!

It's usually the reverse of that isn't it. I.e. defensive strategies but slow on the offensive ? Did Moyes vacate the position before the game, one fixture before time, and a new manager undertake team affairs for today ? Whoever comes in after Moyes, and whenever it occurs, hoping to see a little more emphasis on going forward and actually getting at opposition sides from the most part. Still disappointed by what occured today but can only move on from what happened. Wishing Moyes well once again.

Why?

Our defense is pretty solid normally, and easily one of the best defences in the Prem. Until the last few matches, only City had less conceded goals. We're still better than United too.

But your talking about how good we are under Moyes and Round, who are both very defensive coaches.

Our defensive record is testament to our departed manager, and it's just not the talent of our defenders, its how they set themselves up and prepare on the training ground.

Edited by MoyesForPM

But your talking about how good we are under Moyes and Round, who are both very defensive coaches.

Our defensive record is testament to our departed manager, and it's just not the talent of our defenders, its how they set themselves up and prepare on the training ground.

You have to give a bit of credit to the players .....

Coleman ......... Irish international

Jagielka .......... English international

Distin .............. French international

Baines ............ English international

Surely our defensive record is testament to them, with a bit of help from defensive Coaches Weir and Stubbs.

Edited by Bill

And he hasn't represented them at international level has he?

Your right Mark, apparently he has only represented the french League in a goodwill friendly testimonial....

International career[edit]

In 2003 Distin represented the L'équipe de l'amitié in a posthumous testimonial game for Marc-Vivien Foé versus the Cameroon national football team.

Edited by Bill

You have to give a bit of credit to the players .....

Coleman ......... Irish international

Jagielka .......... English international

Distin .............. French international

Baines ............ English international

Surely our defensive record is testament to them, with a bit of help from defensive Coaches Weir and Stubbs.

But Moyes appointed/signed all of those players and staff and would outline exactly how he would want them to play. Weir played under Moyes and thus would probably have learned a fair but about defending in the Prem. credit where credits due, the coaching staff are the ones working their bollocks off at finch farm but they would have been under tight instructions from the manager.