IGNORED

Chelsea - Away Game - And a farewell to Moyes

Dalziel Kane

Was offered a chance of being in attendance for this weekends game at Stamford Bridge but arrangements have already been made, which isn't so bad as would rather have been in attendance yesterday at Goodison Park for Moyes final home outing, but despite any berating and castigating of David Moyes, and not everyone's favorite, he leaves the club in better condition than he found it in March of 2002.

Have a genuine disregard of anything Chelsea FC. One of the most disliked club sides you could name and we haven't won at Stamford Bridge since October 1994 if memory serves, and to be honest, I can't see this changing for this endeavor. Ok we've finished above Liverpool in the league, but still missed out on european soccer, so this game seems all a bit of a non-event. We can't catch up with the North London outfits a final destination of a sixth place finish is what we have, win lose or draw, All told, cup embarrassments aside, it hasn't been a bad season in the league and Moyes again, has to take credit for where he leaves us,

Whatever occurs in West London for this isn't going to make much difference to final Toffee standings, we already realize where we'll find ourselves, but against a much disliked opposition team side and David Moyes last game it takes on a greater significance. They're still in with a chance of second place with Manchester City and I for one, would like to take every opportunity, to stop that endeavor.

No wins at Chelsea since 1994-95, but if we can duplicate the heart and performance of today then I see no reason why we can't get a result out of this. Would be great for Moyes to finally have a win away from Liverpool at a venue such as this and leave the club with a result to remember. If only it was that easy. They're still fighting for honors whereas whatever occurs for us, a sixth place finish will be the final destination.

Chelsea 3 Everton 1

hope to be wrong, but they have greater objectives.

Edited by Dalziel Kane

Has there ever been a more downbeat final day match thread in the history of our forum? crying.gif

This is a hugely defining moment in our clubs history, as our manager of over a decade, releases us into the proverbial wild to stand on our own 2 feet, and embrace the next chapter in our story, and we get the devils antidote to all things jolly creating the thread. dont%20know.gif

We are playing one of the biggest clubs in the world, and reining European champions. Anybody would think we are discussing the censored out takes of 'The tried, tested, and trusted techniques of the common and garden Shrew tail measurer '. doh.gif

Has there ever been a more downbeat final day match thread in the history of our forum? crying.gif

This is a hugely defining moment in our clubs history, as our manager of over a decade, releases us into the proverbial wild to stand on our own 2 feet, and embrace the next chapter in our story, and we get the devils antidote to all things jolly creating the thread. dont%20know.gif

We are playing one of the biggest clubs in the world, and reining European champions. Anybody would think we are discussing the censored out takes of 'The tried, tested, and trusted techniques of the common and garden Shrew tail measurer '. doh.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Chelsea have nothing left to play for, can't finish about City unless the Mancs lose their last two games. They'll be out to send off Franky Lamps, and I can't help but feel the squad put all their emotion for Davey's farewell into the West Ham game. Bit of a dead rubber really. Don't think either deserve to go out with a loss though.

Ramires will be a big miss for them. Think we will nick it 2-1

I think a lot of Chelsea fans have been pissed off with his recent performances. One guy I follow on Twitter commented that the best thing he did all game was to get booked so that he would be suspended for us!

I quite like him as a player. Not the most gifted but works hard and doesnt stop running. Every teams needs one of those players.

I think a lot of Chelsea fans have been pissed off with his recent performances. One guy I follow on Twitter commented that the best thing he did all game was to get booked so that he would be suspended for us!

I quite like him as a player. Not the most gifted but works hard and doesnt stop running. Every teams needs one of those players.

Yeah i do too, he always seems to play well against us, as our CM isnt very mobile and thats putting it lightly. Like you say, he's not the most technically gifted, but his work rate makes up for most of it IMO.

And sort of annoying.

But of course I hope it happens....think it just might.

Don't nobody hold their breath.

If Moyes hasn't won a fixture in 50 games at any of these venues, then don't expect some reversal of fortune now.

Mind you, they've got to win to have a chance of second place and we've got nothing to lose in this, so all the pressure will be on them, so openings will occur, and a first win at plastic bridge since 1994, may just come to pass.

Would be great for Moyes though, if we could do it, at one of these 'unwinnable' venues, before he finally departs. Anything is possible.

Why not?

He has fluid on his knee.

I've managed to find the provisional squad if anyone wants a look: Howard, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Mirallas, Gibson, Pienaar, Anichebe, Fellaini, Mucha, Heitinga, Oviedo, Naismith, Hibbert, Duffy, Barkley, Jelavic.

He has fluid on his knee.

I've managed to find the provisional squad if anyone wants a look: Howard, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Mirallas, Gibson, Pienaar, Anichebe, Fellaini, Mucha, Heitinga, Oviedo, Naismith, Hibbert, Duffy, Barkley, Jelavic.

When is it different ?

No Osman for this one.

maybe somebody else will actually finish the 3 chances a game he misses. he has his qualitys osman but not enough to start for a team wanting europe imo, goes missing for half the game but then we dont have anyone better to come in i suppose.

barkley must start surely

hoping for a win obviously but realisticly a draw is more likely.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Tried to change the thread title, but to no avail.

Who's the senior match official for Sunday anyway ? Still no disclosure yet ?

To the above, we have nothing to lose, in that, whatever occurs this end, it's going to be immaterial for final league placings, whereas they can still obtain runners-up position with a win and Manchester City lose on the day ?

Bottom line is, they'll be up for this more than us, Moyes last game in charge or not, would seem irrelevant, as only they can make a difference on the day to final league finishes.

For the last time, no Everton side has won there in the league since 1994/95, and I don't expect things to change this weekend. Sure we possess the capabilities and there could be some hangover from their little exploits in the Netherlands this past week, but they're eyeing the greater prize. Hope to be wrong of course, and needless to say, it would be great to beat this opposition in question.

Edit post > Full Editor.

You can change the thread title from there smile.png.

Thanks. Maybe wanted it to be more about Moyes himself than the opposition in question. It is his last game as club manager after all. Going to be a poignant occasion for everyone involved with the club.