IGNORED

Rovers vs Everton

cn174

Although I see you're playing Juventus then LA Galaxy/Real Madrid next week of course you'll agree your 'prestige' friendly is against us on Saturday!! :blink2:
If you could answer a few questions for my match preview that would be appreciated :)
- Although early for you, how has pre-season gone so far?
- Martinez, good match for Everton? (I don't rate him personally)
- Hopes and expectations for the new season?
- Likely team to start vs Rovers
- Without looking can you name 11 Rovers players nowadays?!
Extra bit of info for anyone that is visiting Ewood. The Fernhurst, the big pub across the road, is no longer a football pub, so don't bother going.

Welcome to the site my friend.

1. Pre season is far too early yet to see who we are going to buy and how we are playing.

2.I've got a really good feeling about Bobby. Talks well and I think the loan signing of Defelou speaks wonders about his standing in the game.

3. Hopes? I hope top four but probably wishfull thinking. We are being written off as usual and everybody gushing over Liverpool who I think will finish top ten. I reckon 5th with a cup hopefully

4. God knows who will start

5.Got a couple of mates who are Blackburn fans and am gutted for them the way you have been treated. You could go on and on about the mismanagement of your club but its a wake up call for us evertonians what could happen if you get the wrong people to buy in. Robinson,Givet,Henley,Dunn,Pederson,Best,Rhodes,Lowe are all I can think of

Edited by Tricky Trev

Although I see you're playing Juventus then LA Galaxy/Real Madrid next week of course you'll agree your 'prestige' friendly is against us on Saturday!! :blink2:
If you could answer a few questions for my match preview that would be appreciated :)
Extra bit of info for anyone that is visiting Ewood. The Fernhurst, the big pub across the road, is no longer a football pub, so don't bother going.

Hi matey, good to hear from you again.

I've been happy with our signings so far and the optimism is starting to return. Initially I was really disappointed with losing Moyes, but we must move forward now and hope Martinez is a lucky manager.
Time will tell. Initially I wasn't in favor of his appointment, but he will have the support of the fans going into the season.
Every year our hopes are to enter the top 4, but I will accept top 7 in Martinez' first year if he gives it a go.
No idea at all, but I am hoping to see our main strikers get a run out.

I'm afraid I can't.

#1 I haven't been keeping up with pre-season

#2 Wasn't the choice I wanted, but no good crying over spilt milk. Some insist he's the best thing since electricity, I have my doubts. If there's some more attacking emphasis than before and the manager goes a bit more attack minded, then at least it'll be an improvement on before.

#3 heart says UEFA Cup soccer and a first trophy since 1994/95, head says we'll probably achieve 7th to 9th place and lose out in the quarter or semi-finals of the domestic tourneys.

#4 I wasn't aware we were playing Blackburn Rovers.

#5 In a word, No. I couldn't name any of your players for the best part of a decade.

Q: Although early for you, how has pre-season gone so far?

A: I like the fact that the soundbites i'm hearing that Martinez is very ball work focussed, he has given some youth a real chance already and is clearly looking at all options. He has moved swiftyly in the transfer market and made some astute solid signings where we need.

Q Martinez, good match for Everton? (I don't rate him personally)
A: I rate him very highly, I was gutted when I thought he was going to Liverpool, he will create a dynasty at our club. He is clearly intelligent, articulate, knows how the game should be played, and in all reality what he achieved at Swansea and Wigan deserves far more credit than he gets. We need to give him the time to flush our old ways out (hoofing from the back, sitting back on 1-0 leads, pinging balls to channels), we may see the odd thrashing and stupid goals conceded, but all in all our play is going to be far more polished and players of the ilk or Barkley, Pienaar, Osman will enjoy his style.
Q Hopes and expectations for the new season?
A To see a change in our play in terms of adventure, guts, patience, hopefully resulting in the type of football I grew up watching the great everton team of 84-86 play. Top 6 will be good enough with the potial of a cup run and a few hidings given out away to the top4.
Q Likely team to start vs Rovers
A Wouldnt even like to predict, thats the beauty of Martinez. He is giving all players a chance, so it wont be the usual 11.
Q Without looking can you name 11 Rovers players nowadays?!
A Is pedersen still stealing a living? Jordan Rhodes is a talent. Bit of a pity what happened there, I like Blackburn.

Isnt one of the Olsson twins there? (the not so good one) shame you lost Martin, I really rate him and hoped Everton would be interested, other than the ones mentioned already and Olsson, I would not be able to mention any players.

Pre season so far - a few simple mistakes by Jags and Distin worry me. Conceded some silly goals already. I know its early but these are the types of mistakes that we have seen from these two lately. Im not expecting Distin to start the season, think Alcaraz will take the spot next to Jags come the PL.

Martinez - I wanted Laudrup more but RM was my second choice and im well happy with the signing. He has been brilliant so far in finding player types that we really need. I believe Kone can become a monster for us. Alcaraz is a very stable CB. Gerard D is very exciting. Looking forward to see him play for us. Robles might even edge out Howard.

Again, slightly worried about the stupid goals that we have concieded so far. RMs biggest challange last year was defensivly so im hoping that its a coincidence that we have let some silly goals in so far and not bad defensive coaching from RM.

Hopes - top 7, above Liverpool, perhaps european qualification

Team vs BB - no idea, hoping to see Barkley, Oviedo, Fellaini, Baines, Mirallas and Defelou. The more we see of Baines and Fellaini in pre season, the less likely they are to leave. The others are exciting to see. I would also like to see Alcaraz play alongside Jags.

- Without looking can you name 11 Rovers players nowadays?

1 - Hard to say, we've only played two games and both of them were purely for fitness. I think the game against Blackburn is where we start to concentrate on winning games and gaining momentum.

2 - Brilliant. I wasn't happy at first but he's made all the right moves. Better than Moyes by a long way.

3 - Europe.

4 - A strong one, the first two games decided which of the youngsters were good enough for the Premier League this season so this game will see the first-team given a game together.

5 - Gamst Pederson... Jason Roberts? :rofl:

Thanks people!!

A very short and quick preview I've done. I think if any of you are coming to Ewood you might be quite shocked at just how quickly the transition from mid table PL team to lower league plodders we have become :( If that was ever the Venky's intention they've done a bloody good job.

I'm not sure who we'll play, it took us about 10 minutes to work out who was who at PNE on Tuesday!!

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/29671-everton-the-prestige-friendly/

How did Blackburn get their name? It sounds a bit gruesome.

Blackburn was recorded in the Domesday Book as Blacheborne in 1086. The origins of the name are uncertain. It has been suggested that it may be a combination of an Old English word for bleach, together with a form of the word "burn", meaning stream, and may be associated with a bleaching process. Alternatively, the name of the town may simply mean "black burn", or "black stream"

Thanks people!!

A very short and quick preview I've done. I think if any of you are coming to Ewood you might be quite shocked at just how quickly the transition from mid table PL team to lower league plodders we have become :( If that was ever the Venky's intention they've done a bloody good job.

I'm not sure who we'll play, it took us about 10 minutes to work out who was who at PNE on Tuesday!!

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/29671-everton-the-prestige-friendly/

I would like to see Blackburn back in the top division of English football sooner rather than later. Things have to move on and some change is always for the better but founder member and all that. Will take some doing, though.

We were a bog standard Prem game ? :shaking fist:

Ha, yea I meant normal run of the mill game. Not a team whom you are playing in a 'prestige friendly'

I would like to see Blackburn back in the top division of English football sooner rather than later. Things have to move on and some change is always for the better but founder member and all that. Will take some doing, though.

I think you will be waiting later rather than sooner! Thing about the Championship is that you don't have to be particularly anything special to be get into the play offs. Contrary to popular belief that the Championship is 'hardest league' or 'best league' it's actually really crap. Everyone is crap, if you're a bit better then that then you'll do alright, maybe even go up.

Right now I'd just get a season of being a normal footy team, rather than the circus we've turned into. Still, there's 8 days before the season for Venky's to do somat stupid!

One of their guys taking the piss out of DK's answers.

#11 RussP

League One

Members

30 posts

Twitter: @RussPr

ST Block: N08

Visited 40 of the current 92 grounds

Posted Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Chaddy, Rochina was injured which is why he didn't play (or at least that's what I understand).

Love the interview with one of the Evertonians....knows no Rovers players, didn't know Everton were playing us & has no idea how pre-season has gone. Great insight!!!

That's three fucking times now, just doesn't know when to fucking stop ?

No I don't know any Blackburn Rovers players, I don't see what they get up to, wasn't aware they were playing us in a friendly game, I have a life outside of fucking soccer, or meaningless friendlies, would rather focus on when the real work starts in the EPL in a month or two, may have missed one or two said pre-season games. Blow your 'insight' out your fucking ass. I'm not going to be so pleasant about this next time.

I read somewhere that we're playing in blue and they're wearing their red away kit.

Cheers for that.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon about the away kit. I have no idea why we're always so late with our kit releases. It must be a club thing though because it's been like this with different kit suppliers.

Blackburn was recorded in the Domesday Book as Blacheborne in 1086. The origins of the name are uncertain. It has been suggested that it may be a combination of an Old English word for bleach, together with a form of the word "burn", meaning stream, and may be associated with a bleaching process. Alternatively, the name of the town may simply mean "black burn", or "black stream"

Cheers Cake. Nice one.

No I don't know any Blackburn Rovers players, I don't see what they get up to, wasn't aware they were playing us in a friendly game, I have a life outside of fucking soccer, or meaningless friendlies, would rather focus on when the real work starts in the EPL in a month or two, may have missed one or two said pre-season games. Blow your 'insight' out your fucking ass. I'm not going to be so pleasant about this next time.

Mate, is there any need? :dont know:

You are so utterly entertaining. Please never, ever change.