IGNORED

Grammar Nazi thread

Matt

I thought cologne was in France.

I am aware I was wrong, just being honest.

Back of the class for you.

Although to be fair there was a question on a quiz show recently that asked where Saint Moritz was and I automatically assumed France and the correct response should have been Switzerland. We don't do much ski-ing in my defense.

Fuck me, Toffee talk becomes University Challenge. People making mistakes with grammar are not doing it on purpose

they don't know they are doing it.

Be a nice change if people were not judged on their grammar. The only thing that matters is a shared love of Everton.

Make people welcome, who is so fucking perfect on here anyway.. I for one am glad im not. some folk act so superior.

Its not welcoming, its not polite, it embarrasses the mistake maker ( I Should know ).

These people are your fellow Evertonians so treat them as friends. Far too much of the this grammar worrying crap

goes on on Toffee Talk. It makes the site seem snobby and a clique.

I just ask that people are made more welcome. Try it, it wont hurt anyone.

Fuck me, Toffee talk becomes University Challenge. People making mistakes with grammar are not doing it on purpose

Be a nice change if people were not judged on their grammar. The only thing that matters is a shared love of Everton.

Make people welcome, who is so fucking perfect on here anyway.. I for one am glad im not. some folk act so superior.

Its not welcoming, its not polite, it embarrasses the mistake maker ( I Should know ).

These people are your fellow Evertonians so treat them as friends. Far too much of the this grammar worrying crap

This is a purely tongue in cheek thread Mike, it's not meant to be taken seriously. Only one member has a tendency to pick up on new members' mistakes, and he's always told it's inappropriate.

That one member likes to see some pride and appearance in posts and submissions that's all. Granted, not everyone is capable of the same immaculate presentation and effort taken writing as some others, but there's never any real malice intended.

I take pride in being able to spell and put forth writings and presentations that are of a high standard, and when you see sometimes, those that either are unable to follow - or don't want to follow - in a similar fashion, it can irritate sometimes. Not only this end, but there are a few other pedants and followers of decent presentation and high standards on these pages, so I suggest any subsequent debate on this here issue, can be taken up with them.

• 2 weeks later...

You tell them Mike.

We should all make a stand against these monsters ............ but first, please be aware that you need to use an apostrophe occasionally if you are going to get along here.

I think The Final Solution of this thread, would be to just accept that some don't always put enough effort into their presentations - some are unable to present a high standard piece, others are unwilling - and some things can be overlooked. To be honest, maybe we've been a little harsh if some individuals put forth a spelling error or some other grammatical deficiencies. We're not all of the same high standard so accept it, and move on really.

I think The Final Solution of this thread, would be to just accept that some don't always put enough effort into their presentations - some are unable to present a high standard piece, others are unwilling - and some things can be overlooked. To be honest, maybe we've been a little harsh if some individuals put forth a spelling error or some other grammatical deficiencies. We're not all of the same high standard so accept it, and move on really.

...Or maybe we should all accept that some are able to write a lot while saying very little.