IGNORED

Delron Buckley

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

South African international Delron Buckley is hoping he did enough to impress Everton during a recent trial with the club. 

The 28-year-old featured for the Toffees against Preston and Celtic during the pre-season, but has now returned to his club side Borussia Dortmund. 

"I have loved it at Everton," he told Kick-Off magazine. "The guys have made me feel very comfortable here and the team plays to my style. 

"I am hoping and praying I get offered a deal. Mentally it would be a very good move for me."

41357[/snapback]

But he has gone to America with the squad so hasn't gone home.

I reckon Moyes is going to keep him....lets face it we have Killa who isn't that good and a drunk to play on the left side so Buckley should fill that gap nicely.

Dortmund say he's gone to America..

One week ago Delron Buckley traveled to a sample training with the Prime Minister League club FC Everton. Whether the Englishmen Borussia Dortmund stuermer will obligate, is however still unclear. "the decision is not yet pleases", says BVB Sportdirektor Michael Zorc. A new challenge searches: Delron Buckley. One clarified however unmistakably that its future is not to no more with Borussia Dortmund, avowed Zorc to Delron Buckley and its advisor Rob of moorlands further. The South African flew therefore on Monday with the FC Everton to the training camp to the USA and from there only in ten days will return. Only then on a possible Buckley transfer one decides. Delron Buckley was changed in the summer 2005 with the recommendation of 15 season gates for 400.000 euro of Arminia Bielefeld regarding the BVB, remained in the last play time however in all its 28 employments without gate success. Only it could book a gate collecting main for itself. "we did everything, so that Delron feels well with us. In addition it got many play portions. Unfortunately it could not intersperse with us ", says themselves coaches Bert van Marwijk.

I love literal internet translations, they crack me up..lets hope he can intersperse with us eh :lol::lol: ?

Edited by mikeo

Everton manager David Moyes has decided to extend the trial of South African international winger Delron Buckley.

The 28-year-old featured in pre-season games against Preston and Celtic but headed back to Germany to his club side - Borussia Dortmund.

However, Moyes has been fairly impressed with the Bafana Bafana star, and has invited the midfielder to link up with the rest of the Toffees squad during their 10-day trip to America.

"It wasn't until late on Sunday night because I did not know if we could make it work," said Moyes. "It was only until we were travelling back that we could make the decision that we will keep him.

"We have seen a bit of him but we couldn't use him that much in the last two games because it is unfair on the other lads that are already here. But we plan on maybe giving him longer in one or two of the games here to see if he is someone who can add something."

Buckley is understood to be available on a season-long loan, which could be of interest to Everton, who have spent the majority of their transfer budget this summer.

dont fancy this buckly at all why has nobody else come in for him ...hes played nearly 70 times for his country and ive never heard of him ...and i dont think any of you had..leave him in germany. :)

41983[/snapback]

Nobody had heard of a certain joseph Yobo either, should we have left him in France?

We aint got the cash to go buy 5 mil plus players for every position, youve gotta take some chances and hes a cheap gamble compared to many players who are bought for a fortune and dont make it

Agree with above as I have said in the past.

If he is coming on loan then he is not going to cost us much apart from his wages.

As Zed said we can't afford loads of money for everyone. We need to bring in players on loan and frees to add to the squad.

Not saying he is going to be a starter each game but if on loan gives us the chance to use him if players injured or on international duty

Thats why if we can get Simic for nothng or on loan then am happy with that one as well

We have o get our awaud number up.

We must have one of the smallest squads in the premiership.

We have added 3 players,

However we have lost players. Martyn, Ferguson and Li Tie.

So we are in the same position as last season with numbers.

As Zed said we can't afford a £5m person for every position.

in an ideal world we can keep increasing our squad with better and better players, but this is not an ideal world.

If the player is not going to cost us money and is not injury prone so therefore should be able to play the games that he is needed I can't see the problem with adding him to the sqaud.

I would have taken Thompson on a play as you play dea. I would have taken Fortune as he was a free agent.

I don't like Koumas but if on loan or for free then I would take him to add to the squad.

We saw what happened last season with a lot of injuries. VDM is out at the moment. What happens if Kilbane is banned or injured and MCfadden is needed up front. We don't have anyone else.

On top of that this Buckley can play left or right and also up front.

People keep saying Buckley can play left , right, or centre. In all the games he's come on he,s never been anywhere near the left side of the pitch. Anybody know for certain if he is a left Legger. ? Like Patto said, nobody had even heard of him before he came here for a trial.

If he is a genuine left legger then we can always use him, but otherwise there would be no point taking him on, cos it just puts Annichebe further down the pecking order.

why not take him til jan then if he is doing ok take him to the end of the season that why we have even more to gain but chance of losing even less

i say take him squad is thin and not a great deal of pace so lets just have a longer look and see what he is like

• 4 weeks later...

Has joined FC Basel on a season loan after a deal to join Everton fell through cos we could not afford him

'Promising trialist Delron Buckley has moved to FC Basel on a season long loan after a possible move to Everton on the same terms fell through because, according to his agent, we couldn't afford him.

Speaking in South African football magazine, Kick-off, Buckley's manager said, "The manager David Moyes was happy with Delron. He called me to say that it all depended on two transfers taking place. But those moves never happened, meaning from a business point of view, Everton could not afford him."

If true, this will come as an un-welcome piece of news for many Evertonians who had hoped to see Moyes expand his squad further before the end of the current'

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.1949.1

Normally when a target joins another club the topic is closed however thought would leave this open for a couple of days incase people wanted to reply to the fact that we could not afford a loan signing

I would hazard a guess at it being a wage budget issue rather than a lack of money within the club. I can see keith and his team setting tight budgets and not moving on them while we climb into financial stability!

Remember when Moyes said we would be seeing more signings before the season started he would have been under the impression we were gona get rid of Nace, Cars and possibly Wright, Wier & Faddy.

I would hazard a guess at it being a wage budget issue rather than a lack of money within the club. I can see keith and his team setting tight budgets and not moving on them while we climb into financial stability!

Remember when Moyes said we would be seeing more signings before the season started he would have been under the impression we were gona get rid of Nace, Cars and possibly Wright, Wier & Faddy.

46487[/snapback]

yeah i agree - can't be blamed for not bringing him in, no one will take Wright and Nace cos they're gash, and the wage bill's too high

I think we will live to regret this one slipping through the net. If we don't bolster our squad we will lose out when injuries and suspensions come into play. Can't believe we can't afford him, bloody shame in my opinion.

ATB

Mac

Edited by Mac 1970

• 2 weeks later...