IGNORED

Mata

Tits on a bull :rofl: Belter

Going back to Chelsea, many of their fans seem to be scum of the earth - as I allude to above, this time last year Mata was the best thing since sliced bread and they'd have been irate at claims that Rooney or Silva were better. All of a sudden Mourinho implies he doesn't like Mata as he doesn't track back and they're parroting said views from the pied piper. Are they too cowardly to stick to their original viewpoint?

The funniest thing of all though is that they're talking about Willian's apparent superiority to Mata. Willian has always been a very good player, but it's clear that most of the Chelsea fans would have rarely seen him play a year ago. Had you suggested that Willian was a better player than Mata in his Anzhi spell, Chelsea fans would have laughed in your face and said 'he's an average player in a shit league' (much like we heard about his ex Shakhtar team-mate Fernandinho before he too proved it to be bollocks, different league but equally disrespected). Now all of a sudden they act like they're experts on Willian's career. It would be funny if it wasn't so transparent.

I just find it funny how fickle and plastic they are. In fairness a lot of Chelsea fans stood by Mata and gave him the respect he deserved, and I salute them.

Men like Guardiola and Wenger look at players like Mata and see a creative genius who is capable of unlocking a team with one perfect defence splitting pass. Mourinho looks at him and starts worrying about him 'not tracking back enough' and sweats over Chelsea possibly being left with only 9 men behind the ball rather than ten. That's why I dislike the guy and his putrid football philosophy.

Edited by Nikica

To be fair Nikica, all fans are fickle and every team has their group of idiots. Just the way of the game...

Indeed mate. But the way many of them turned on Mata was pretty sickening, all because Lord Mourinho didn't rate him. I could understand if they had never rated him, but many of them turned on him overnight and simply mindlessly parroted Mourinho's views on the defensive side of his game. Mata is superior to every player in the Chelsea squad, although Hazard may overtake him in time.

It's hardly exclusive to them but Chelsea do have a particularly vile fanbase (right-wing nutjobs, booing of Hillsborough minutes silences etc). I know this is hypocritical coming from a Rangers fan, but I have distanced myself from all of that so I can still say it.

Anyway, I realise I am being outspoken (sometimes too outspoken, granted). But I really feel Mata was treated very shoddily by a club he'd did well for. Nobody expects them to adore him but they could at least show some respect...if I was Mata I'd be raging but he seems to be too classy a guy to be bitter about it. I'm now in the weird position of liking a Man U player :rofl:

Edited by Nikica

• 2 weeks later...