IGNORED

Mata

Bastard! I thought we were jumping in on the deal :shaking fist:

Bastard! I thought we were jumping in on the deal :shaking fist:

:rofl::rofl:

£40m for a Chelsea squad player and we're expected to compete in the same league.

Yes it really is "how the other half lives" isn't it?

Nearly 30m for someone who actually played on the first team at Everton, and now nearly 40m for someone who can't make the first team at Chelsea. Keep it up, Mr. Moyes. I'm sure Arsenal, City, and Spurs have some rejects on whom you could break your club record signing fee.

Honestly, how is Mata going to fit in at United? Where they are desperate is in defence and midfield.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1689322/manchester-united-bid-35-million-pounds-juan-mata-chelsea-holding-42?cc=5901

mata to chelsea for 37 mil pounds. crazy. i wonder what formation they'll change to, 4231 like us? sounds like the end of rooney or rvp.

doubt it, Id have :

RVP

Kagawa Rooney Mata

The 3 behind the striker rotating. Fee is inflated because of January plus "(ex)rival" club for the CL places - which they can still get.

Januzaj has been one of united's best players, so he'll still be regularly in the team. I reckon the Mata signing spells the end of Kagawa. He's struggling to get games as it is. He'll have no chance with Mata hanging around.

but Moyes doesnt play youth....

.... wait.....

He doesnt have an option Matt. He is head and shoulders their best player at the moment. They would be even more fucked without him.

Kagawa and Mata are similar in the way they play and if Kagawa isnt playing often etc I dont see Mata coming in amd doing a whole lot better.

The most important aspect of the signing will be the morale boost that it brings to the club.

He doesnt have an option Matt. He is head and shoulders their best player at the moment. They would be even more fucked without him.

Kagawa and Mata are similar in the way they play and if Kagawa isnt playing often etc I dont see Mata coming in amd doing a whole lot better.

The most important aspect of the signing will be the morale boost that it brings to the club.

Just using it as evidence to dispel the myth ;)

I know what you mean, but for me it makes sense to play both Kagawa and Mata together to allow a rotating 3 AMs . But thats me, who knows, Moyes may have brought him in to replace Evra :P

he had the choice when he first played him

as for mata..it's mental that chelsea would let him go to a rival..class player

Money worth spending.

Young enough to get a good few years out of him (at least 6). Experienced in the league. Chelsea's best player (considering their roster) for 2 years. Outright top performer. World Class player.

He doesn't fit into their (United's) current team? Bollocks. Their current team is shite, he doesn't fit in because he's decent! They're buying a player who you can build a team around. Start again if you like.

Don't blame them for doing it and in a way, don't blame Chelsea. They've played each other in both fixtures now, so Chelsea giving United a top player will only ensure they take some points from Chelsea's rivals (all of United's tough games are at home) and not themselves. Smart moves all round.

You're buying quality and experience in Mata. To think they wanted to fork out £30m for Herrera (Bilbao) who's untested and unproven in this league, you're buying undoubted potential but its a risk.

Guest blueboy122

Money worth spending.

Young enough to get a good few years out of him (at least 6). Experienced in the league. Chelsea's best player (considering their roster) for 2 years. Outright top performer. World Class player.

He doesn't fit into their (United's) current team? Bollocks. Their current team is shite, he doesn't fit in because he's decent! They're buying a player who you can build a team around. Start again if you like.

Don't blame them for doing it and in a way, don't blame Chelsea. They've played each other in both fixtures now, so Chelsea giving United a top player will only ensure they take some points from Chelsea's rivals (all of United's tough games are at home) and not themselves. Smart moves all round.

You're buying quality and experience in Mata. To think they wanted to fork out £30m for Herrera (Bilbao) who's untested and unproven in this league, you're buying undoubted potential but its a risk.

Couldn't agree more.

Don't understand how a world class player wouldn't "fit" into there team.

As a few have mentioned I find it hard to believe that he won't "fit" at United.

This transfer's got a similar feel to the Ozil to Arsenal deal in the summer. Rather than sensing a particular need for the team, Man U have just snapped up Mata for the sake of adding a world class player to the team.

As a few have mentioned I find it hard to believe that he won't "fit" at United.

This transfer's got a similar feel to the Ozil to Arsenal deal in the summer. Rather than sensing a particular need for the team, Man U have just snapped up Mata for the sake of adding a world class player to their squad. It doesn't matter where he plays, or who plays with him in the XI, they'll find a spot for him some where. Also provides the players and fans with a moral boost, which might prove invaluable.

On the topic of where he might play I think he'll slot into his favoured no. 10 position when it suits United (i.e. Rooney or RVP out, or against "bigger sides"). Otherwise he could play a role similar to Silva at City, named as a wide man, but constantly switching sides and drifting into the centre of the pitch. I think people have forgotten that he played the majority of his first season at Chelsea out wide and still won their player of the year, so it's certainly not an unfamiliar position to him.

Edited by Vranny

Just using it as evidence to dispel the myth ;)

I know what you mean, but for me it makes sense to play both Kagawa and Mata together to allow a rotating 3 AMs . But thats me, who knows, Moyes may have brought him in to replace Evra :P

One swallow doesnt make it summer or whatever that damn saying is! haha

he had the choice when he first played him

as for mata..it's mental that chelsea would let him go to a rival..class player

He was excellent in pre-season too and the other wide men have been poor or injured. Apart from the recent games, I dont think he has been starting week in week out either but I could be wrong.

Money worth spending.

Of course he can fit into their team if they change the way they play but is Moyes going to do that? Is he fuck... He will be an improvement that's for sure but are Utd going to see the best of him? I doubt it, because they haven't seen the best of Kagawa yet and they play in similar ways (in terms of how they create and utilise space). With Rooney and RVP it means Mata will be used in more of a 4-4-2 and that then leaves Utd exposed on whichever wing he plays on.

Must admit that I have never been completely sold by Mata. I thought he was at his best under Di Matteo when I did think he was excellent but that was the only time I thought he was worth the figures and praise being mentioned. I still think this might just be a ruse and Mourinho will wait till the last minute to pull the plug!

The Mata deal is just to brighten up spirits. Look at what Ozil did to Arsenal. Possible title contenders?

Only difference being is that Arsenal had a good squad to begin with Cazorla, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott the list can go on.....also a better defense. The best in the premiership.

What does United have the only two good players in that midfield are Carrick and Januzaj (needs more time though).

Young is a good player but he isn't a touch as what he was a couple of seasons ago.

Nani, get him sold.

The other thing that United don't have is a good defense. Only two players in that defense who I would say was worth keeping is Jones and maybe Rafael. Jones is going to be a good player in years to come but needs to settle in a CB position not play around like he is at the moment. Rafael has a lot to learn but is a good defender. Ferdinand should retire. Vidic needs to regain his form quick!

The Mata deal is just to brighten up spirits. Look at what Ozil did to Arsenal. Possible title contenders?

Only difference being is that Arsenal had a good squad to begin with Cazorla, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott the list can go on.....also a better defense. The best in the premiership.

What does United have the only two good players in that midfield are Carrick and Januzaj (needs more time though).

Young is a good player but he isn't a touch as what he was a couple of seasons ago.

Nani, get him sold.

The other thing that United don't have is a good defense. Only two players in that defense who I would say was worth keeping is Jones and maybe Rafael. Jones is going to be a good player in years to come but needs to settle in a CB position not play around like he is at the moment. Rafael has a lot to learn but is a good defender. Ferdinand should retire. Vidic needs to regain his form quick!

the defense wasnt playing well until this season, is özil responsible there too?

I see what youre getting at though, but believe Mata will be a quality signing for them

Edited by Matt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25863298

Wenger says it's not fair that Man Utd can sign Mata because they've already played Chelsea twice so it's disadvantaging the other teams at the top. It does smack a little of whining to be honest haha

:lol: good lord... Arse Whiner strikes again! Probably just jealous he didn't get to sign Mata. Would be great in the Arsenal setup (or ours for that matter!)

Moyes getting credit for playing Januzaj is like giving someone credit for wearing a waterproof jacket when it's raining.

The lad was pissing training sessions and running defenders ragged, he was star performer in the pre season tour. He's a rare talent.

Now then the £15m man Wilfred Zaha.... Any ideas? If he ain't better than Ashley young then I seriously doubt Moyes judgement. (Thinks back to Barkley sitting on bench watching Neville, heitinga and hitzlesperger get game time instead)

Moyes getting credit for playing Januzaj is like giving someone credit for wearing a waterproof jacket when it's raining.

The lad was pissing training sessions and running defenders ragged, he was star performer in the pre season tour. He's a rare talent.

Now then the £15m man Wilfred Zaha.... Any ideas? If he ain't better than Ashley young then I seriously doubt Moyes judgement. (Thinks back to Barkley sitting on bench watching Neville, heitinga and hitzlesperger get game time instead)

Looks like Zaha is going on loan to Cardiff, will be a good test of his ability I'm sure he'll get plenty of game time