IGNORED

Everton vs Swansea

StanSteadman

I'd love to believe that Stones saw all the Swansea players pushing up and played that ball for Barkley (But I'm not sure if it was just a hoof :P). Get in there Baines :) (and Barkley getting us the penalty of course)

Edit: Lukaku limping a little bit, Naismith warming up (oh dear)

Edited by Toffee_in_LA

Awful performance by McCarthy, Barry and Barkley. It's amazing how effective Cañas, Britton and some movement from Pablo Hernandez, Dyer and Bony were.

Barkley should be marking either Cañas or Britton, but they are always unmarked.

Costly defensive mistake by McGeady in the goal.

Still, it's a 1-1 and 45 min to go, with Deulofeu and Osman on the bench.

Every post I read when were slightly lethargic is swap him for him. Maybe we need to stop Barry and McCarthy falling so deep. Lukaku is our only outlet. This is what I mean, if we are positive a brake away should be Mirallas and mcgeady on each flank wide waiting to go, instead there completely out of position running around like headless chickens. Keep it ad it is. It's RM to get this right at half time.

Thought we started this half excellently, got in their faces and forced the turnover. Barkley should have scored from Coleman's pull back but he made amends somewhat by winning the penalty. Since we scored though we have gradually taken our foot off the pace and we have allowed Swansea back in to it. We arent keeping possession (Mirallas and McGeady in particular) and Swansea have turned the tables and started forcing us into mistakes. They deserved their goal, although McGeady was fast asleep when he should have been tracking the runner. We have been piss poor after that and half time has definitely come at the right time.

We need to up the pressure again and not be so wasteful in possession. We need to keep hold of the ball, move it around with a bit of pace and take our chances when they come. Very frustrating.

Best thing about the second half of this season is that no one is gonna show real interest in Ross. How long does it take to get fit after a broken toe, or is he just not that good.

Seen enough of lukaku now I think. He's not gonna make it at Chelsea, not good enough. Again it shows just how astute the special one is.

On the other hand I would say Mcgeady is looking a good buy.

That's pretty much our only positive to cone out of the first half. Really poor boys.

Every post I read when were slightly lethargic is swap him for him. Maybe we need to stop Barry and McCarthy falling so deep. Lukaku is our only outlet. This is what I mean, if we are positive a brake away should be Mirallas and mcgeady on each flank wide waiting to go, instead there completely out of position running around like headless chickens. Keep it ad it is. It's RM to get this right at half time.

We need to keep hold of the ball for starters. Barry and McCarthy are getting caught out of position because they start getting forward, the ball gets lost and then they are trying to scramble back and there is acres of space.

I wouldnt change anything either but we need to start building pressure on Swansea, make them work and keep our own shape. Barkley and McCarthy really need to impose themselves on this game like they did in the first 20.