IGNORED

Everton vs Swansea

StanSteadman

Im not a massive fan of him to be honest. From what I saw when Duffy played I thought he had more potential in comparison.

Interesting, I think you're the first person I've heard that has said something like this. I think he has played well for the most part (barring this game and one or two that I can vaguely remember off the top of my head). Duffy did admirabely when he did play but I don't see him taking on to this style of play, especially if we do eventually move to 3 in the back.

Interesting, I think you're the first person I've heard that has said something like this. I think he has played well for the most part (barring this game and one or two that I can vaguely remember off the top of my head). Duffy did admirabely when he did play but I don't see him taking on to this style of play, especially if we do eventually move to 3 in the back.

Completely agree with Duffy not being able to fit in, and stones isnt bad pushing up and playing the passing game, however, I just think he seems very nervous when defending and is prone to mistakes. I know he's learning his game and its probably because Im used to Distin and Jags being at the heart of our defence, who lets face it, play so so well together.

I hope he comes good I can see glimpses of quality in him. Jags needs to mentor him well!

Completely agree with Duffy not being able to fit in, and stones isnt bad pushing up and playing the passing game, however, I just think he seems very nervous when defending and is prone to mistakes. I know he's learning his game and its probably because Im used to Distin and Jags being at the heart of our defence, who lets face it, play so so well together.

I hope he comes good I can see glimpses of quality in him. Jags needs to mentor him well!

That's the issue, of course being young, he will make mistakes (like he's done today), but being the defender, there reallly isn't much room for them. You're spot on though, he has great players to look up to with Jags and Distin, he'll be fine and come true I believe.

Watching Stones in that set piece was an example of what I was on about.

Didn't get a good look, but I believe that was Lukaku's man, could be wrong about that. And our defending was piss poor all game, have to admit that we were kinda lucky Swansea weren't more clinical and Howard came up with some good saves.

Why the pessimism? Assuming we win our game in hand, we are just five points behind Arsenal, four points ahead of Spurs, and six points ahead of United. All teams have a run of bad form, but the best just keep winning anyway!

Now that is optimistic!

Why the pessimism? Assuming we win our game in hand, we are just five points behind Arsenal, four points ahead of Spurs, and six points ahead of United. All teams have a run of bad form, but the best just keep winning anyway!

amen i feel the same way. arsenal has just lost their form and some players as well (ramsey, ozil, wilshere) so i think they could continue falling. We need a win at newcastle to keep it going this week. here we come tuesday.

The last 10 minutes of the first half was the worst I've seen us play at Goodison this season.

We really are struggling and something is not right. Better teams would have finished us off today. However we are grinding full points from bad performances which is always an encouraging sign.

The problem we have at the moment is the full backs aren't getting forward enough. They are being pressed back by the opposition. It's been worked out and we need to change it from time to time and that's the two sitting midfielders.

Play Barkley next to McCarthy or Barry. We don't need two defensive players in the middle now the fullbacks are being pushed back!

I thought it was another shite performance and think Swansea were very unfortunate not to get anything out of the game. They looked to be the better side in all honesty and if today was anything to go by I would take Bony all day long if we can scrape enough cash together to put in a serious bid

But still at this stage of the season its the results that count

Absolutely dire in the first half. A bit better in the second half.

Shit defensively. Put no pressure whatsoever on them when they had the ball, they were free to do as they pleased. If you replayed our attacking play in slow motion our players would be standing fucking still. Woeful.

Better team lost but we scored when the chances fell our way so I'll take it. But unless we improve the way we're playing we'll get dicked against the better sides we still have to face.

Not for the first time today we stepped off the pedal after we had scored. Instead of continuing to do what brought us the goal, we gave them the time and space to play. I thought that both Lukaku, Mirallas and to some extent Barkley all thought the game was won and went through spells of not putting in the effort and just needlessly giving the ball away, When we came out in the second half we were right back on it and we deservedly went ahead and its good job we got the goal from the corner quickly afterwards because we would have missed a good opportunity.