IGNORED

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight

Cornish Steve

Considering the evidence, what strikes me is something that no one has really talked about: Someone doesn't want this plane to be found.

1) The Malaysian authorities appear to have misled the initial search teams, having them search east of Malaysia when they knew full well that the plane had changed direction.

2) The plane was flown in such a way that its movements and location could not be tracked.

3) It appears to have been flown to one of the deepest parts of the ocean on one of the remotest parts of the planet.

So the obvious questions are "who doesn't want the plane found and why?" and "who could have taken control of the plane to achieve this objective?" Of course, we may never know. On the other hand, if the debris identified by satellite turns out to be wreckage from the plane, someone somewhere may well be panicking right now.

I agree, this is a very odd case of a missing plane.

Given your points, there was either something/someone on the plane that needed a very secure disposal; or some group (e.g., terrorist group) wanted the plane (but what could they do with it? Pack it full of explosives and crash it somewhere...surely it would be shot down before it reached the target); or it was a hijacking gone wrong and the plane has crashed somewhere in a remote area. Parsimony would suggest the latter point.

There was an article on the BBC the other day that listed the 10 most likely scenarios of what happened, it was an interesting read although I'm not really a fan of conspiracy theories. Didn't Buzz Aldrin once punch somebody in the face for saying he never landed on the moon, or did I dream it?

I agree, this is a very odd case of a missing plane.

Given your points, there was either something/someone on the plane that needed a very secure disposal; or some group (e.g., terrorist group) wanted the plane (but what could they do with it? Pack it full of explosives and crash it somewhere...surely it would be shot down before it reached the target); or it was a hijacking gone wrong and the plane has crashed somewhere in a remote area. Parsimony would suggest the latter point.

The key question is always "why?". No terrorist group would want to conceal the plane's movements and crash it somewhere remote. They want big news, not a mystery. If the pilot wanted to commit suicide, why would he do these things? It makes no sense. Now, if the plane had been shot down by mistake, for example, I could imagine someone wanting to cover it up - but that would have meant a local crash and not many hours more of flying. Thinking logically, why would someone try to conceal a plane's movements and location and destroy it in such a remote location? Because of someone or something on board? Because it would distract the world's attention from something else going on at the same time?

The best explanation I've heard so far is the simple one about the pilot heading for the closest runway after a catastrophic failure of some type, because this answers the "why?" question. Unfortunately, though, the facts now contradict this scenario. But the facts do clearly point to someone deliberately hiding the plane and its fate. Why?

• 2 weeks later...

Something very strange about this. 10 very important passengers from a company based in Texas, who design stealth technology for planes on board this flight.

Talk of a US military base out in the Indian Ocean with runway. I like a good conspiracy and this seems very strange

Guest Nikica

Something very strange about this. 10 very important passengers from a company based in Texas, who design stealth technology for planes on board this flight.

Talk of a US military base out in the Indian Ocean with runway. I like a good conspiracy and this seems very strange

Yeah, it's all very eyebrow-raising. This whole thing seems suspicious to me.