IGNORED

Boxing - big fights

Groves will be better for that fight, he's a better boxer than froch, just not as strong.

Would like to see him fight degale next and knock him all over the ring. Really can't stand that arrogant prick. He will win a world title I'm sure.

Here here, I understand that you have to be arrogant in the build up, but most boxers are fairly humble afte, Degale is just a twat! Take a leaf out of Anthony Joshua's book pal, that's how to win an Olympic medal and then act afterwards!!

I actually think De gale has simmered it down a bit. Doesn't seem as bad as he used to be, but he'll find it hard to shake off the image now.

As for De gale getting excited about fighting Froch. No chance. Where's Froch motivation for that? Beat Groves twice, who gas beaten De gale twice. Pah.

Froch will have one big fight in Vegas and then maybe call it a day. What else can he do?

I actually think De Gale will be a very good fighter, my mate is a boxing coach and had major money on him against Groves... his reasoning is that he feels he has all the attributes to go to the top. Clearly the wrong fight to make that bet!!!

Froch I believe would get beaten by De Gale - Froch will slow down now and I think De Gale would be the wrong fight, he doesn't need him - go fight Ward in Vegas...

Chavez is quite un regarded in America as he's a very rough amateurish type fighter has good power and a good chin but no rhythm or style and defense as such he's tailor made for Froch as he'd just come forward and take shots, his old man now there's a true all time great and legend.

I just can't see where people are coming from with Groves and his game plan I know everyone see's things differently but you could tell with his conditioning he'd trained to possibly go the distance and go for points but Froch just nullified most of his build up work with a simple jab, i think he took the first fight far to early if he'd have had another two fights with experienced and rated fighters it could have been another story.....

I wouldn't be surprised if Froch retired now but I'd like to see him go out with his dream bout in Vegas he deserves it and has been massively underrated over the years due to being in Calzaghes shadow.

DeGales on oddity his style is really awkward and he does have a lot of talent I actually had the Groves fight as a draw in all honesty even though I wanted him to get paggerd it would be great to see those two go at it again once Froch has retired.

Would Calzaghe have beaten Froch in your opinion? I personally think he would have, Calzaghe was a hell of a fighter. One of Britiain's finest in my opinion. Joshua is an absolute beast as well and seems a decent bloke. If he keeps his head down he's a future world champion!

The first time I read it I thought you were asking in opposite. To answer your question... Froth would not have stood any chance against Calzaghe. Calzaghe fought much tougher opposition and beat them.

Just read my first comment, was a bit unclear. Yeah, agree. Watched the Calzaghe ringside last week and actually realised what a fighter he was. To be honest I think Froch is just a hard b*****d who can throw and take a punch. His boxing ability is questionable but he's got this 'Warrior' tag from being a very very tough man. Never been stopped in his career and you can see why.

Very tough man. He knocked all round the ring in Groves I and just kept walking forward.

I think the Jermaine Taylor fight was when I considered him a really good fighter. As you say his boxing ability isn't great but his stamina and heart are second to none.

• 1 year later...

"Tyson Fury is threatening to pull out of his world heavyweight title fight against Wladimir Klitschko because the canvas in the ring is too soft, according to his agent."

He's trying all sorts to unsettle klitschko. I think he will win. Got a feeling about it. The lad is tough.

He's trying all sorts to unsettle klitschko. I think he will win. Got a feeling about it. The lad is tough.

That was my first thought. Mind games.

No idea who'll win, not a student of boxing, but it'd be nice to see the belt/s (not sure what they're fighting for, there are so any now) back in the UK again.

That was my first thought. Mind games.

No idea who'll win, not a student of boxing, but it'd be nice to see the belt/s (not sure what they're fighting for, there are so any now) back in the UK again.

Klitschko is dull. It will be good to see his reign end. Next main title holder will be joshua.

I did, but rounds 1-6. If I was able to get a new betfair account I'd have 260 in my Arse pocket (they offered 12/1 as a promo join bet, but somehow sussed I had already joined)

I'm delighted for fury, the lad has been classed as a "pikey" all his life while klitschko has profited from being classed as a great due to a shite heavyweight era. Great result in my opinion.

Klitschko wasn't that good and fury ain't that bad.

One of the worst fights at that wieght I've seen I thought they were both crap.

It's as simple as this... klitschko was very over rated and fury is under rated.

Klitschko is the most boring fighter I've ever seen and somehow he has a record as one of the all time greats.... the way is paved for joshua to reign for a long long time. As long as he hasn't got a glass jaw I see no reason why he can't.

Did anyone see the James De Gale fight? The commentator and the usually reliable Jim Watt had De Gale 1 point up and were also hinting at a draw. The 'unanimous' scores were 117-111, 117-111, 116-112. The Canadian, Bute, was aggressive all through the fight but tended to lead with his chin.

• 2 weeks later...