IGNORED

Timmy at the World Cup.....did he leave too soon?

No.

Fantastic servant for us but the last few years, it became evident he wasn't quite up to it.

It wasn't helped by the fact that opposition were able to stifle his style of play. Meaning he became less and less effective.

Love the guy but another season wouldn't have done him, or us, any good.

CCoach.... Maybe.

Edited by tenaciousj

Im glad he left when he did, it was best all round.

However.... I would take him back as a squadie with view to coach, just because I think he could work in a Martinez team. Not a starter, but would be a good option coming over the bench and showing his energy, motivating the team etc.

Irrelevant though, he wont be coming back.

Tim will always be loved by Everton and remembered as a legend at Goodison Park, however the timing of his departure was perfect. He had 8 fantastic years with us - his final season showed he wasn't able to replicate the form he'd shown over the years.

Despite that, still doing well from what I hear at NYRB, and what a goal he scored against the Dutch! Would have him as a coach at Everton however I feel he'll come back to Australia and maybe end up as a coach here.

Agreed, he left at the right time after a disappointing (by his standards) final season, but he was a talismanic player for us at his best.

A playing return to Oz could well be on the cards as reports today suggest that Sydney FC have had talks about signing him as a 'marquee player':

http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/australia-2014/sydney-fc-reportedly-chasing-tim-cahill-as-a-marquee-player-20140620-zsh2k.html

Tim will always be loved by Everton and remembered as a legend at Goodison Park, however the timing of his departure was perfect. He had 8 fantastic years with us - his final season showed he wasn't able to replicate the form he'd shown over the years.

Despite that, still doing well from what I hear at NYRB, and what a goal he scored against the Dutch! Would have him as a coach at Everton however I feel he'll come back to Australia and maybe end up as a coach here.

Was our team's Player Of The Year last season. He's dealt with some injuries (shocker) this season but otherwise he's doing for RBNY exactly what you guys would think he would do. He would still be useful to a team in the bottom half of the table, but at Everton he'd basically be what Hibbert is.

• 1 year later...

Forgive me....... the only Cahill thread I could find.

Tim has signed on for another season in China. He's an absolute superstar there. Saw a short Sportsnews item on him here last week. He's on A$10mil a year...5 million quid in funny money. Hoping to start a football academy in China with part government backing and he's got the right contacts.Been seen around with the top footy blokes in the country and the people who hold the purse strings.

Good luck to him. A lot of people in China know Everton through Timmy