IGNORED

Atmosphere at Goodison

InSlamon

Was casually browsing the Leicester forum when I came about this abomonation

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/97628-premier-league-away-atmosphere-home-teams/page-2

very ironic conidering it's from a Leicester fan, anyway I didn't think the atmosphere at Goodison was that bad, I might sign up and tell them what we think of them.

6de2e83e4e11d912c8cfd9ada590f93c.png

Edited by ETOO

Guest blueboy122

Goodison can be a library at times. But when the players get us going I don't think there's a better ground in England.

Got to agree.

That night when we beat Manchester United in 2005 at Goodison was incredible.

Funny, I don't remember hearing their fans much on the opening game of the season, despite it being their long awaited return to the top flight. But I wasn't at the game and TV can play up the away support using the sound control anyway, so I shall not judge...

Goodison can be a library at times. But when the players get us going I don't think there's a better ground in England.

Absolutely spot on and it's always against the "lesser" teams.

Any of the "big boys" come it's a cauldron of hate angst and passion" anyone who the fans expect to beat it's like being in a lift in a Hampton by Hilton. Awful atmosphere.

I've noticed this creeping in over the last few years. It used to be buzzing all the time but now it's almost like the fans just expect us to win so don't get behind the side like they do when we know we're up against it when thd likes of Chelsea et al land at the Old Lady.

Pisses me right off to be honest.

It's always noisy under lights though.

Was casually browsing the Leicester forum when I came about this abomonation

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/97628-premier-league-away-atmosphere-home-teams/page-2

very ironic conidering it's from a Leicester fan, anyway I didn't think the atmosphere at Goodison was that bad, I might sign up and tell them what we think of them.

6de2e83e4e11d912c8cfd9ada590f93c.png

Yes sign in and tell them that we agree.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Crystal Palace vs Sunderland match on Monday and I made a couple of observations.

Their fans can stand freely if they wish.

They can jump up and down and not get stewarded.

They can take noise amplifying equipment in freely (drums, trumpets etc.

They add to the atmosphere. Sang the entire time. Really good crowd.

Goodison stewarding is so harsh, that it has sucked the atmosphere out of it. That's my observation and opinion anyway.

Being from Australia I haven't really experienced such an atmosphere before, only in the AFL in around Sydney and Melbourne is their such passion and packed crowds that sign and support similar to the EPL.

I'm dying to get to a game at Goodison, I listen at home and on occasions you get goosebumps. To me, it's truly a privilege to go to the stadium and watch Everton play, I also feel that we as fans demand performances from the team of a certain level, so it's fair to say the players should demand a certain level of support and atmosphere created by fans...

I watched the Crystal Palace vs Sunderland match on Monday and I made a couple of observations.

Their fans can stand freely if they wish.

They can jump up and down and not get stewarded.

They can take noise amplifying equipment in freely (drums, trumpets etc.

They add to the atmosphere. Sang the entire time. Really good crowd.

Goodison stewarding is so harsh, that it has sucked the atmosphere out of it. That's my observation and opinion anyway.

To be fair I pretty much stand all through every home game

I honestly think the atmosphere at Goodison is quite good whenever the team give us anything to get excited about. The problem is the brand of football we play now, whilst easy on the eye, doesn't get you on the edge of your seat. Its hard to get excited and hence vociferous watching us pass from side to side across the back four

I honestly think the atmosphere at Goodison is quite good whenever the team give us anything to get excited about. The problem is the brand of football we play now, whilst easy on the eye, doesn't get you on the edge of your seat. Its hard to get excited and hence vociferous watching us pass from side to side across the back four

Think thats an excellent point. We go to break out, charge forward then stop check and pass sideways and you can feel the anticipation sucked from the breath of the fans as they groan.

To much tippy tappy in the centre of the park. Barry and McCarthy aren't forward thinkers and play the easy 2 yard pass sideways or backwards. Gibson showed yesterday what a proper central midfielder should be doing. McCarthy & Barry are nothing else but anchor men and he's got two of them on at the same time.

I'm hearing Martinez has described Barkley, McCarthy & Barry as good as the Holy Trinity. Where does this man get this stuff from?

To be fair I pretty much stand all through every home game

The back of GT4 is the home to many of the Evertonians who go the aways, and they were standing all game last night again so it's like a mini Everton away end.

Ok, they may not be as bevvied as on a 5 hour away trip so they don't always get as boisterous from the off and so they could always do with a bit more help in there. So if anyone complains about the atmosphere just go there and start a good few songs off and most will get sung.

The back of GT4 is the home to many of the Evertonians who go the aways, and they were standing all game last night again so it's like a mini Everton away end.

Ok, they may not be as bevvied as on a 5 hour away trip so they don't always get as boisterous from the off and so they could always do with a bit more help in there. So if anyone complains about the atmosphere just go there and start a good few songs off and most will get sung.

That's where my season ticket is :-)