IGNORED

Wingers

But imagine 2 Mirallas class wingers on their 'opposite' wings (right footer on left and visa versa). We'd have Baines and Coleman crossing in on the overlap and our wingers being able to take the game inside to shoot or bring a lurking Barkley into play. We could become unplayable.

Mirrallas and Schurrle would be something to watch

We are basically playing with one winger in McGeady at the moment with Mirallas, Pienaar and Oviedo out and Atsu seemingly not ready - this means we're unbalanced. Ross is wasted out wide as are Naismith and Eto'o - I actually think Osman and McGeady are our best bets if we're going to play the 4-2-3-1.

I'd actually rather see the system change and play with no wingers until we get the afore mentioned players back - harsh on McGeady, maybe but for the greater good.

In Barry's absence we could even drop Ross deeper and play a diamond...

...Lukaku...Naismith...

............Eto'o...............

Barkley.........Gibson/Besic

............McCarthy.........

Obviously Ross could fit in the hole too and go with Gibbo, Mo and McCarthy as the 3.

I just think we need to use McGeady as an impact player until we get our balance back.

Guest blueboy122

Would playing Garbutt as LB and Baines going to LM be madness?

Would like to see the side more balanced and it would be a good chance to see the youngster get some minutes with Baines marshalling

I'd like to see

Howard

Coleman jags Distin Baines

Besic Barkley

McGeady Eto'o Osman

Naismith/lukaku

I think with all the injuries that's our best 11. Lukaku off the bench for now to get his confidence back and when he does drop naisy to the 10 and have eto'o impact sub.

Edited by markjazzbassist