IGNORED

Hull City (h)

Guest rusty747

I think it was only me and Paddock who were concerned by Martinez. Guarantee more fans will be questioning him now.

His substitutions have become more & more bizarre. He has no plan B when it's quite evident everyone in England is onto us.

Yes, question a man who has changed the whole philosophy, broke records, attracted good players, got us into Europe, blitzed Europe..... Behave yaself fella. You seen him on touch line v spurs, telling them to make play quicker. He is only missing going on the field and playing for them. Biggest let down to date is watching Coleman thinking he's cafu. It was better watching the headless chicken run in straight lines, a t least there was an end product then.

Guest millwallforever

I was about to make the same point. People here who feel like joining the lynch mob, tend to forget about the insufficient quality of material at our manager's disposal.

Examples:

(i) Shite goalie totally ignorant of the art of distribution; and I shall not even bother to dwell on his other shortcomings.

(ii) Central defenders mostly inept when it comes to playing their way out of trouble, thus making life very hard for our midfielders.

(iii) Dead wood like Pienaar serving as his plan B.

He has two options:

(1) Play crude football in conformity with the limited talent at his disposal.

(2) Dogmatic adherence to his own footballing philosophy.

You can forget about option 1; Martinez is not that kind of guy. Option 2 is the slow - at times tedious - instilling of habit. That's the option Martinez has chosen. I admire his way of doing things. He has my unconditional support.

I feel for bobby, he must be itching like fuck having so many crabs.

Edited by millwallforever

Yes, question a man who has changed the whole philosophy, broke records, attracted good players, got us into Europe, blitzed Europe..... Behave yaself fella. You seen him on touch line v spurs, telling them to make play quicker. He is only missing going on the field and playing for them. Biggest let down to date is watching Coleman thinking he's cafu. It was better watching the headless chicken run in straight lines, a t least there was an end product then.

Are you still hypnotised by that shite. Seriously he was a breath of fresh air last season. Mainly because teams didn't expect Everton to play that way. No we've been sussed he has NO other tactical options or he isn't willing to change.

I was the first on here to say "I can't listen to his interviews" at all!! I was shot down all last season over it. For me he's nervous. He's rode his luck for a long time.

We can't carry on playing the way we are without a change in tactics until all our better players are on the field. It just isn't working anymore.

The one player who we sincerely miss is Deulofeu.... So underrated on here. He was the spark off the bench to scare the shit out out of the opposition who wanted to sit back and watch us pass it between our defenders.

It's no doubt frustrating just now. Let's be honest, our expectations are raised to the point that we expect to win most games.

The way we are playing at the moment is frustrating. We can and will play better. It's not necessarily just a case of teams sussing us out, it's us not playing how we can. We ain't going forward with enough pace.

Roberto has to take some blame just. But at the same time, he's the right man and has done a good job overall.

We'll do good again this season...but I think a few more frustrations will come our way!!!

I was about to make the same point. People here who feel like joining the lynch mob, tend to forget about the insufficient quality of material at our manager's disposal.

Examples:

(i) Shite goalie totally ignorant of the art of distribution; and I shall not even bother to dwell on his other shortcomings.

(ii) Central defenders mostly inept when it comes to playing their way out of trouble, thus making life very hard for our midfielders.

(iii) Dead wood like Pienaar serving as his plan B.

He has two options:

(1) Play crude football in conformity with the limited talent at his disposal.

(2) Dogmatic adherence to his own footballing philosophy.

You can forget about option 1; Martinez is not that kind of guy. Option 2 is the slow - at times tedious - instilling of habit. That's the option Martinez has chosen. I admire his way of doing things. He has my unconditional support.

His signings having been the best though have they??

He can take the flack on (iii) though

Half of his signings ain't worked out!

Guest millwallforever

They should appoint you manager. Make sure you show up in that Ninja Turtle outfit.

Edited by millwallforever

I agree 100%.

I wish we could blame Lukaku for our pitiful play, but we're just not creating anything for him (or anyone else). I'm actually feeling sorry for the bloke. And Mirallas, like you said, because everything's on his shoulders and he can't do it on his own.

Sterile. That's what our play is. We need a spark, and we need it fast. It's not going to happen while Martinez keeps sticking his head in the sand and polishing a turd after every game.

I totally understand not ripping into the players in the media, that's not what he should do, but he's telling blatant lies. Does he think we, as fans, are that stupid to fall for it? Does he think it actually helps?

I've been saying exactly this for a while now. Even when we win we've been lucky to do it. Not every game but Wolfsburg and West Ham spring to mind very recently.

Our home record is appauling, his subs in the last two games were absolutely ridiculous (they are quite often) and there isno planB.

Teams have sussed us, I said this 5 games into the season. They press us high then let us have the ball, defend deep and we can't break them down. We have no drive, no energy no verve no nothing. You would have thoughtwe were winning 2-0 tonight the way they were stroking it round towards the end, he took our best player in Besic off I'll forgive hom that maybe Mirallas isn't fit enough to play a full 90 (yet he was at Wolfsburg) we create hardly any chances. Alls we do is knock it around the back and half the time nearly shoot ourselves in the foot with a sloppy pass to an opponent in or around our own box , our corners are fucking awful and we just look devoid of ideas.

I also noticed a few players arguing amongst tbemselves tonight. I said it a while back and I'll stand by what I said. Martinez will not achieve anything here but mediocrity. He's blinkered in his vision of playing perfect football. He wants platinum style of play with silver plated players.

I've just spent over £100 on tickets from Man City for me and the boy on Saturday. I feel like setting fire to them right now and I honestly mean that.

Absolute shite and Martinez is to blame. His team selection, his style of play, his substitutions and his tactics and he's got the brass balls to come out and say he is proud of the way we played. Is he fucking sniffing glue? Because he should hang his head in shame for that piece of liquid dog shit of a performance I've just sat through freezing my bollocks off to watch. Hull are fucking shite and it's not like we can say we had 19 shots, the goalie had a blinder, we hit the post, bar, kicked off the line, hit a defender on the arse and went wide/goalie on the back of the head. There was nothing, barely a chance created against a side in the bottom 3 that hasn't won for 5 games yet looked in large spells the slightly better team. It's a pattern that is becoming increasingly common at Goodison this season.

And we have the cheek to laugh at the kopites.

I've been saying exactly this for a while now. Even when we win we've been lucky to do it. Not every game but Wolfsburg and West Ham spring to mind very recently.

Our home record is appauling, his subs in the last two games were absolutely ridiculous (they are quite often) and there isno planB.

Teams have sussed us, I said this 5 games into the season. They press us high then let us have the ball, defend deep and we can't break them down. We have no drive, no energy no verve no nothing. You would have thoughtwe were winning 2-0 tonight the way they were stroking it round towards the end, he took our best player in Besic off I'll forgive hom that maybe Mirallas isn't fit enough to play a full 90 (yet he was at Wolfsburg) we create hardly any chances. Alls we do is knock it around the back and half the time nearly shoot ourselves in the foot with a sloppy pass to an opponent in or around our own box , our corners are fucking awful and we just look devoid of ideas.

I also noticed a few players arguing amongst tbemselves tonight. I said it a while back and I'll stand by what I said. Martinez will not achieve anything here but mediocrity. He's blinkered in his vision of playing perfect football. He wants platinum style of play with silver plated players.

I've just spent over £100 on tickets from Man City for me and the boy on Saturday. I feel like setting fire to them right now and I honestly mean that.

Absolute shite and Martinez is to blame. His team selection, his style of play, his substitutions and his tactics and he's got the brass balls to come out and say he is proud of the way we played. Is he fucking sniffing glue? Because he should hang his head in shame for that piece of liquid dog shit of a performance I've just sat through freezing my bollocks off to watch. Hull are fucking shite and it's not like we can say we had 19 shots, the goalie had a blinder, we hit the post, bar, kicked off the line, hit a defender on the arse and went wide/goalie on the back of the head. There was nothing, barely a chance created against a side in the bottom 3 that hasn't won for 5 games yet looked in large spells the slightly better team. It's a pattern that is becoming increasingly common at Goodison this season.

This sums it up for me.

Not sure about that. Although, I wonder if you looked at every managers signings how many 'have worked out'.

Who's he signed? McCarthy, Lukaku, Barry, McGeady, Robles, Alcaraz, Kone, Besic, Eto'o, Galloway.

Not too shabby I reckon.

the only reason RM is to blame is he wont drop that clown in goal on this site you jump all over barry or ossie if they make

one mistake but rent a clown has cost dearly in 6 or 7 matches this season alone if robles is not good enough then put the under 21 keeper in

till January then buy someone. even the spurs supporters were thanking him on Sunday. every one can see it apart from rm and a

large section of efc supporters, he has not rested him in any cup comps or league games why?

It's poor at Goodison this season. Feel a bit sorry for the buggers paying to watch week in week out. Especially as the winter kicks in.

I think we have more to offer. I hope it starts happening soon. I don't share your views on Martinez and mediocrity. But can't really argue with someone who shells out large sums most week.

Who the bollocks is Ian Duncan Smith??? A conservative MP?

Sorry boys, this is going over my head.. what's the link???

I was laughing more at him saying he could just see you typing away as he speaks and bang you posted. Just made me chuckle to be honest. Nothing else to it really.

Not sure about that. Although, I wonder if you looked at every managers signings how many 'have worked out'.

Who's he signed? McCarthy, Lukaku, Barry, McGeady, Robles, Alcaraz, Kone, Besic, Eto'o, Galloway.

Not too shabby I reckon.

Kone - injured

Alcaraz - injury prone

Mcgeady - Useless

Atsu - Useless (even he sees that one)

So back to the point: Millwalls saying his plan b players (like Pienaar) - his thoughts not mine. Aren't good enough. Well I'd say those four should be the plan B players and they either aren't available or not very good. So the majority if not all of his squad players have worked out shite.

Edited by MC11

It's poor at Goodison this season. Feel a bit sorry for the buggers paying to watch week in week out. Especially as the winter kicks in.

I think we have more to offer. I hope it starts happening soon. I don't share your views on Martinez and mediocrity. But can't really argue with someone who shells out large sums most week.

You don't have to agree mate and just because I go doesn't mean someone who doesn't can't disagree with me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

What people are starting to say now I've been saying for months but if I'm honest I get no pleasure in that, I want to be wrong I want peole to laugh at me because I got it badly wrong, loads of posts of mine about Martinez in MCs vaults thread so I take no joy in the fact what I've been saying is starting to bear fruit but I have seen this coming with Martinez since last season.

Will he turn it round? Only time will tell, do I want him sacked? No I don't I want him to get plenty of time to prove me wrong. Do I think he will? Probably not but I still hope he does.

Kone - injured

Alcaraz - injury prone

Mcgeady - Useless

Atsu - Useless (even he sees that one)

So back to the point: Millwalls saying his plan b players (like Pienaar) - his thoughts not mine. Aren't good enough. Well I'd say those four should be the plan B players and they either aren't available or not very good. So the majority if not all of his squad players have worked out shite.

No, the point was you said 'his signings havent been the best though have they'....'half of them no good'.

His signings have been pretty decent overall. You mention Atsu, I didn't because he's on loan. But then you could add Gerry too...who you cream over.

So there's my Ian Duncan Smith post to match your Billy Bullshit post.

But in all honesty, putting all things to one side, I do think every manager signs some dudds.

No, the point was you said 'his signings havent been the best though have they'....'half of them no good'.

His signings have been pretty decent overall. You mention Atsu, I didn't because he's on loan. But then you could add Gerry too...who you cream over.

So there's my Ian Duncan Smith post to match your Billy Bullshit post.

But in all honesty, putting all things to one side, I do think every manager signs some dudds.

Thanks for that. I'll give you an F for this weeks homework.

If I've quoted someone's post who only talks about the plan b players at his disposal being shite surely I'm only referencing his plan b signings. Which is half of them you kettle.

Edited by MC11

"Overall, I'm very disappointed because I think our first-half performance was good enough to get the three points."

"The second half was difficult for us and we did not have the energy to be ourselves."

"The two halves were very different. I thought we were fantastic in the first half - we showed a real bravery."

"I think Hull made it very difficult for us to gain momentum, but that is a compliment and we need to learn from it."

..... and he thought we should have had the 3 points against Spurs. Roberto get real. I've been out for the evening and thanks guys for the comments of the match which I'm glad I didn't follow.

All will be well once Naisy is back?

The planets will realign abd harmony will be restored...Don't panic our little blue children.

The rest of our season is going to be phenomenal!

It's almost like having Martinez in the thread with us :P.

We are badly missing Naismith though, and McCarthy. If for nothing else than they'll both run their blood to water and get stuck in. They can be having the shittest games of their lives but you know, with certainty, that they won't hide and they'll give everything they have. Too many of our players are the invisible men at the moment - I'm looking at you Coleman, Baines, Barkley, Osman, Barry (that's not even all of them!). Any side will struggle when you've got that many passengers. We need shaking up.

I don't see an inspirational captain on the pitch and I don't see a manager kicking some ass.

I've said it a thousand times but we lack aggression. We have technical ability but we lack competitive streak.

100%

We need that character on the pitch who will motivate when needed. Arteta used to be a nasty bastard when we needed him. Now we have soft nice guys all over the pitch.

Mirralas, Besic and Naisy are our only players with fight.

First half we were brilliant. No idea what was said in the dressing rooms, but it seemed like Hull received the talking to we apparently had after the Spurs game. They came out and pressured us, just as we had done to them all

I don't get why we panicked. We had them in the pocket in the first 45mins, all we had to do was stay calm.

I'm not angry anymore, I am utterly perplexed.