IGNORED

NHL and General Ice Hockey Chat

Lindros, what a thug. sorry man, just not a fan of that guy. loved the other guys on his line though, Mark Recchi was nice.

Best player I've ever seen. NHL was so much tougher then. He had to put up with all the holding and grabbing and cheap shots - and still dominated. Recchi was a great player but, as you say, nice.

All legends - maybe fate would have been kinder to Philly if they'd kept Forsberg in the '91 draft and not traded for Lindros...

I never knew hat they did that! Amazing. But I guess Lindros became a legend to.

Sweden beat Finland in the quarter finals yesterday. Comfortably.

Not many, the Phoenix used to be one of the best supported teams in Europe (when they were Manchester Storm) until they folded about 10 years ago. Phoenix were created out of the ashes (;)) and helped form the British Elite League, now they're a semi pro outfit, no longer in the big leagues. Average about 1000 pet game, sell out 2000 if their tickets go on GroupOn.

Not many, the Phoenix used to be one of the best supported teams in Europe (when they were Manchester Storm) until they folded about 10 years ago. Phoenix were created out of the ashes (;)) and helped form the British Elite League, now they're a semi pro outfit, no longer in the big leagues. Average about 1000 pet game, sell out 2000 if their tickets go on GroupOn.

The record attendence in Sweden was a game between Frölunda and Färjestad in 2009. 31144 attended. It was an outdoor game.

My home team Djurgården usually draw in between 8000-14000.

Not many, the Phoenix used to be one of the best supported teams in Europe (when they were Manchester Storm) until they folded about 10 years ago. Phoenix were created out of the ashes ( ;)) and helped form the British Elite League, now they're a semi pro outfit, no longer in the big leagues. Average about 1000 pet game, sell out 2000 if their tickets go on GroupOn.

Did you follow them when they were the Storm? Used to see quite a few games at the MEN. Nice atmosphere - some quite big crowds, too. Not NHL level but noisy.

Nasty accident on Flyers Giroux in the last game. Lucky that he wore a kevlar sock. Skate slashed his calf but it could have been a lot worse. Anyone remember Erik Karlsson? Got his achilles cut off.

Yes, was holding my breath for him. Without Giroux / Voracek, we'd be nowhere - oh, wait, we are still nowhere.

Worst on-ice incident was, of course, Clint Malarchuk. Not for the faint-hearted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yafl4EcLvA