IGNORED

Tv Revenue - what's the restrictions?

MC11

Do Sky and BT own the broadcasting rights of all our PL games?

For example could the club not sell Everton TV season tickets/tv match day tickets? for all games not selected by BT & Sky. It would be extra revenue from the club and would at least stop people having to watch poor streams.

I am presuming sky own all games though and make additional money selling rights to other countries?

The games that aren't shown on SKY & BT (big games) should be available to purchase on a match to match basis. Why they aren't is ridiculous in my book.

Because the BBC pay for highlights coverage, and the long standing argument (that was used in the days before there were any live games on TV) that if people can watch live on the TV they won't go to the games.

Because the BBC pay for highlights coverage, and the long standing argument (that was used in the days before there were any live games on TV) that if people can watch live on the TV they won't go to the games.

You for example who can't travel to games because of distance I'm sure would pay £150 - £200 to watch all Everton games though? There is definitely a market for it?

great idea MC, sad that we can't just get an Everton package to watch all games (U18 and U20, reserves, ladies, i'll watch em all). This concept would be a great way to beat out streaming as well. I stream because I can't watch the matches, I'd gladly pay for a premium stream from the team.

I know HBO is doing this now. They offer their service via cable, and are now going to offer an online streaming online pack as well. Great if you don't want to pay for all the channels and just want HBO. The future.

here in the states i know NBC paid a ton for rights to the prem games, and they just air them with the sky banner and sky commentators and all, just throw a little NBC logo in the bottom left.

Edited by markjazzbassist

You for example who can't travel to games because of distance I'm sure would pay £150 - £200 to watch all Everton games though? There is definitely a market for it?

I watch every match that's not on TV on the Internet but would gladly give the club 200 for a high quality service.

I don't see why clubs can't arrange this kind of service.

If I could buy a season ticket that would guarantee me HD matches but also give the option to book empty seats two weeks in advance to give others a chance if booking the seat I would do it no question.

I watch every match that's not on TV on the Internet but would gladly give the club 200 for a high quality service.

I don't see why clubs can't arrange this kind of service.

If I could buy a season ticket that would guarantee me HD matches but also give the option to book empty seats two weeks in advance to give others a chance if booking the seat I would do it no question.

That's because Sky and BT would not be happy about it and they pay an absolutely massive amount of money to the League.

If this was done, it would mean the current TV deals would be much smaller. The revenues would be divided much more inevenly. Clubs like Manchester United would get a huge, huge boost in their income with their ridiculously large fan base while smaller clubs would get a lot less than they get now. Even Everton would probably make a lot less than now while ManU would probably make ten time more than currently.

IIRC there are plans to show every Premier League match in the future, however, but still through Sky/BT/someone else.

Edited by Makis