IGNORED

Cricket World Cup

Dreadful wasn't it.

Very. We play the short forms of the game like they're Test matches - there's no excitement to our game whatsoever because we just lump Test players in there and because they're good in that format we expect them to do the same in one dayers. Now, if those Test players were like Warner etc then you could understand why they're there but they're not.

Get one day players playing in the one day side, fuck the attitude of having continuity in the different formats.

Very. We play the short forms of the game like they're Test matches - there's no excitement to our game whatsoever because we just lump Test players in there and because they're good in that format we expect them to do the same in one dayers. Now, if those Test players were like Warner etc then you could understand why they're there but they're not.

Get one day players playing in the one day side, fuck the attitude of having continuity in the different formats.

Exactly right.

And yet we won the Twenty20 World Cup only five years ago :dont know:.

That's English cricket for you. Nepatism is rife, too many old school types running it behind the scenes.

Your face fits you're in. Simple as that really.

Wonder if this ball boy has any English blood?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNcoZ5o9BSg

Not that it matters but why is this in the cricket world cup thread

Edit.. should have watched it properly, he malkes a smart catch.

Note to self. Watch something properly before being a smart arse.

Edited by Paddock

• 2 weeks later...

Australia but New Zealand beat them in the group stage.

Oz will be favourites but only marginally; NZ have been brilliant and have obviously been building towards this for years (unlike some :rolleyes:). Really hope New Zealand win it; need another stormer from McCullum though probably.

australia and new zealand in the finals. bitter rivalry for the finals, gotta love that. who usually wins between the two? not a cricket fan (cause i don't know the rules) but been following the results.

Don't worry about not knowing the rules. In one of England's games neither of the two umpires on the field or the third umpire knew the rules and gave the England batsman 'run out' from a 'dead ball'. I would recommend that you don't try and learn the rules as the book is about 9 inches thick. :D

Oz will be favourites but only marginally; NZ have been brilliant and have obviously been building towards this for years (unlike some :rolleyes:). Really hope New Zealand win it; need another stormer from McCullum though probably.

I'm hoping for a NZ win as well, they've looked brilliant. I got up to watch the semi-final today and I'll definitely do the same for the final. Should be a cracker.

I'm hoping for a NZ win as well, they've looked brilliant. I got up to watch the semi-final today and I'll definitely do the same for the final. Should be a cracker.

What time does it start?

Forget that, I just checked, 4.30. Bit extreme for me but I'll see a decent amount 'cause I'll be up for the GP; will need two screens.

Yeah, probably a bit on the early side for a beer sadly; unless you stay up all night in which case it's late rather than early so beer would be acceptable :P.

I definitely plan on getting a few hours of shut eye beforehand. I'm getting old now so I'd be dead for the rest of the day :lol:.