IGNORED

What would your last meal be?

They just do it better mate, variety, quantity, their meat is a much better quality, the service when you eat out, the portion sizes just everything.

Nothing wrong with British food either by the way, just the Yanks do most things better. Everything really is bigger and better over there. I know it's a cliché but it just is.

Mexcept footy, they don't do "soccor" very well but they are catching on.

agree to disagree mate. It's down to taste after all.

They just do it better mate, variety, quantity, their meat is a much better quality, the service when you eat out, the portion sizes just everything.

Nothing wrong with British food either by the way, just the Yanks do most things better. Everything really is bigger and better over there. I know it's a cliché but it just is.

Mexcept footy, they don't do "soccor" very well but they are catching on.

I don't see how portion sizes are relevant :huh:. Bigger just means more waste and endemic obesity as far as I can see. Some of those cooking shows from America are obscene.

Mediterranean diet over English and US for me all day long.

I've never been to the UK, so I'm not sure which is better, but what I will say is that it really depends on where you are. I was raised in the South so BBQ and fried food are what I'm used to. Now that I live in Seattle, I don't see that food hardly at all (and if I do, it's not as good). I miss it dearly.

However, Seattle's seafood blows the South's out of the water.

Just got back from Seattle, found an Italian restaurant a couple of years ago called ' Buca di Beppo ' and just had to go back again this year.......it's probably where I'd have my last meal.

Family live in Bellingham, we seemed to eat out just about every day, as you mention the seafood is excellent.

I don't see how portion sizes are relevant :huh:. Bigger just means more waste and endemic obesity as far as I can see. Some of those cooking shows from America are obscene.

Mediterranean diet over English and US for me all day long.

Wastre nothing, get value foroney , eat like a pig and exercise like a mad man on speed.

Win all round for me. ;)

Wastre nothing, get value foroney , eat like a pig and exercise like a mad man on speed.

Win all round for me. ;)

But that's not what happens for some Americans, loads of obese kids who will die before their parents because of poor diet.

That equates to child abuse for me. Not exclusively a US issue obviously, it happens here (actually not here as I'm in Greece and have yet to see a fat kid but it happens in the UK).

Horrible to see overweight kids anywhere, and the parents are to blame.

But that's not what happens for some Americans, loads of obese kids who will die before their parents because of poor diet.

That equates to child abuse for me. Not exclusively a US issue obviously, it happens here (actually not here as I'm in Greece and have yet to see a fat kid but it happens in the UK).

Horrible to see overweight kids anywhere, and the parents are to blame.

You can't blame portion size onbad parenting. Bad parenting is just that. Same as parents who let young kids roam the streets until 9 at night or whatever. Mine aren't even allowed out on their own.

Bad parenting is to blame for kids being fat, there are plenty of choices for them to make food wise.

I was only joking with my post you quoted though.

You can't blame portion size onbad parenting. Bad parenting is just that. Same as parents who let young kids roam the streets until 9 at night or whatever. Mine aren't even allowed out on their own.

Bad parenting is to blame for kids being fat, there are plenty of choices for them to make food wise.

I was only joking with my post you quoted though.

I can remember (1949) being a member of a boys' club and going to play a table tennis (evening) match against St Sylvester's club down Scotland Road. It was turned 10 o'clock when we finished and walking back to get the tram we passed loads of kids, some as young as five and six, playing out. Most were in bare feet. I remember being shocked at the time even though I was only 13. Thank goodness things have changed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have my wife's turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes if I'm having a meal at the house.

I don't know much about English cuisine but I do know that it is hard to beat a well prepared plate of fish and chips. A proper English breakfast is quality too.