IGNORED

What would your last meal be?

Hypothetical: you're dying and given one day to live. You have one last meal. What would it be? (Money travel etc are no hindrance) would you eat a fancy expensive Michelin star dinner? Or home cooked from your mom?

I would have grilled cheese and clam chowder. It was what my mother would make every time I had to stay home from school because of sickness. It brings back such wonderful memories and I think this would be how I would like to spend that time.

The steak I had in Ruth Chris steakhouse in Atlanta in 2013, with mash, onion rings and greens. The fillet steak seemed to be as big as my head.

This was in the middle of a road trip me and my wife to be we're making to go to a concert in Alabama to see Arctic Monkeys. We were in Florida and drove there from Jacksonville.

One of the best few weeks of my life if I'm honest.

Tough one because my taste buds have changed. Two years ago it would, without hesitation have been king prawn madras (marginally edging a vindaloo) with mushroom bhaji and pilau rice.

Now, probably a paella or a really good mushroom risotto with lots of herbs and parmesan, and a chocolate complain for breakfast!

Experienced -

Hickory BBQ Bacon, Cheese burger from the Hard Rock Cafe in Florence. All locally sourced products in the Hard Rock Format. It was orgasmic. And I didn't order it. Luckily the misses did and I sincerely regret not doing so. Actually cried it was that good. (helped by the beautiful concert hall setting, a Motorhead tribute band and the sexiest waitresses I have EVER seen). That could have been my last meal and i'd have died happy.

e505aca093c9b7735e42386bfe7de8f0_l.jpg

General -

Home cooked Lasagne, Sweet Potato Fries, Peas, Sweetcorn and proper thick (full of) garlic, bread. It covers, Meat, Cheese, Pasta, Carbs, Bread & Veg....Everything a meal should be. The complete meal.

Drink - Banana milkshake

Starter - hot & spicy chicken wings

Main - 14" margarita pizza

Desert - chococalte brownie with vanilla ice cream.

Mouths watering thinking if this. I've been eating clean for 9 weeks as I'm away at the end if the month. I miss junk food!!!

Tough one because my taste buds have changed. Two years ago it would, without hesitation have been king prawn madras (marginally edging a vindaloo) with mushroom bhaji and pilau rice.

Now, probably a paella or a really good mushroom risotto with lots of herbs and parmesan, and a chocolate complain for breakfast!

I would say that a curry would have to be near the top of the list for me as well! Take it you used to like spicy food the Mike? Madras is the hottest I could eat I think - never tried a Vindaloo and would never order one. I love King Prawns but funnily enough I've never ordered them in my curry. I always go for the solid chicken or chicken tikka! I'm gonna try a king prawn Jalfrezi next time!! Starving now. Still undecided as to what mine would be so I'm going to sleep on it and tell you all tomorrow. Edited by Geth

Roast beef (well done outside bits) Yorkshire puds, crispy roast potato's, cauliflower, sprouts (a sprig of broccoli as a nod to healthy eating) and a nice thick meaty gravy. Why would anyone want a burger?

Used to love my mum's roasts, wife and daughters do decent ones but they're no match, and even wife would agree with that.

Cauliflower and sprouts though? Spawn of the devil (when cooked, both lovely raw}.

One of a few:-

Bangers and mash

Chateaubriand - rare with whatever

Grilled lamb chops Greek style

Fish and chips from parkgate

Roast dinner

Double sausage, double egg, chips and beans

Large special pizza from frankie & bennies (yet to find a better pizza)

good quality sausages, poached egg on a tiger batch.

Steak, home made chips, fried onions, fried eggs, marrowfat processed peas and fresh white bread with loads of real butter on it. None of that margerine shite. Steal would be a rib eye but could change depending on my mood and be done medium rare.

Not a shadow of doubt in my mind about that but I absolutely love food and eating out so I could pick a million things but THAT is the best tea to have cooked in your own kitchen.

One of a few:-

Bangers and mash

Chateaubriand - rare with whatever

Grilled lamb chops Greek style

Fish and chips from parkgate

Roast dinner

Double sausage, double egg, chips and beans

Large special pizza from frankie & bennies (yet to find a better pizza)

good quality sausages, poached egg on a tiger batch.

A beef and turkey roast with home made yorkshires and spuds thick gravy pigs in blankets and all the trimmings essentially a typical xmas feast with beef thrown in there

A meal that would bring back many good memories and have some true meaning

Steak, home made chips, fried onions, fried eggs, marrowfat processed peas and fresh white bread with loads of real butter on it. None of that margerine shite. Steal would be a rib eye but could change depending on my mood and be done medium rare.

Not a shadow of doubt in my mind about that but I absolutely love food and eating out so I could pick a million things but THAT is the best tea to have cooked in your own kitchen.

Ummm.... all this.

Plus a plate of American Deli hot and lemon pepper wings, their seasoned fries, and celery plus ranch. Throw in some homemade chicken dressing.

Ummm.... all this.

Plus a plate of American Deli hot and lemon pepper wings, their seasoned fries, and celery plus ranch. Throw in some homemade chicken dressing.

America pisses all over the UK for food, there is just no comparison.

The US of A knows how to do food.

Dunno mate. Quantity wise, sure. But it's an even contest in my books

I've never been to the UK, so I'm not sure which is better, but what I will say is that it really depends on where you are. I was raised in the South so BBQ and fried food are what I'm used to. Now that I live in Seattle, I don't see that food hardly at all (and if I do, it's not as good). I miss it dearly.

However, Seattle's seafood blows the South's out of the water.

I've never been to the UK, so I'm not sure which is better, but what I will say is that it really depends on where you are. I was raised in the South so BBQ and fried food are what I'm used to. Now that I live in Seattle, I don't see that food hardly at all (and if I do, it's not as good). I miss it dearly.

Married an American so I've had a tour of the tastes. Love the American foods, but love British food too. English cuisine gets a bad rap, unjust for the most part

Dunno mate. Quantity wise, sure. But it's an even contest in my books

They just do it better mate, variety, quantity, their meat is a much better quality, the service when you eat out, the portion sizes just everything.

Nothing wrong with British food either by the way, just the Yanks do most things better. Everything really is bigger and better over there. I know it's a cliché but it just is.

Mexcept footy, they don't do "soccor" very well but they are catching on.

Yes the spices in the southern food are very nice. But you're spot on, Seattle every time I've been (San Francisco as well) best seafood. Clean presentation and preparation, very simple they let the quality of the fish speak for itself. No need to fry or over spice it.