IGNORED

Hope or No Hope

I ask a brief, fairly poignant question that struck me as Howard conceded the penalty...is it better to be a fan of Everton or say Stoke/West Ham?

By that I mean is entering a season with aspirations of European football only to be constantly disappointed better than entering a season expecting to finish 10th? 3 seasons into Martinez I thought by now i would have the answer, but like most things with him, I still have no clue.

I ask a brief, fairly poignant question that struck me as Howard conceded the penalty...is it better to be a fan of Everton or say Stoke/West Ham?

By that I mean is entering a season with aspirations of European football only to be constantly disappointed better than entering a season expecting to finish 10th? 3 seasons into Martinez I thought by now i would have the answer, but like most things with him, I still have no clue.

You're better believing we'll get relegated and anything else is a plus.

Roberto, is that you? :P

We have been phenomenal recently and the team spirit is soaring.

We are concentrating all our efforts on attack as that's how matches are won.

Who needs to defend if we can score more than them.

Kone is about to explode into goals and Ross is in the best form of his career...he is going to start shooting again.

And don't forget....even if they get through our defence they will then be facing Terrible Tim the record breaker!

Watch out top four, we're coming.

We have been phenomenal recently and the team spirit is soaring.

We are concentrating all our efforts on attack as that's how matches are won.

Who needs to defend if we can score more than them.

Kone is about to explode into goals and Ross is in the best form of his career...he is going to start shooting again.

And don't forget....even if they get through our defence they will then be facing Terrible Tim the record breaker!

Watch out top four, we're coming.

Signed: Bob Hope

What it boils down to is acceptance of mediocrity, that's why the board have clung on so long and also this manager. There's far too many people who accept shit results.

Moyes gave us some "fantastic" seasons and really did give us some "hope". The shit seasons he gave us where usually down to poor transfer windows and the sales of our best player.

For me this squad has more natural talent than anything Moyes had available to him and I also think Martinez has been given a fairer crack of the whip by the board. He hasn't been "forced" to sell his best player every season.

Edited by MC11