IGNORED

A Short Essay on Why an American loves Everton

As a fellow Yank myself, I can attest to all of these reasons for being an Everton supporter. I get a guilty pleasure in going to bars on game days and ridiculing "bandwagon" Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Barca and Real Madrid fans. I often quiz them on the Starting 11, managers, and league position...not surprised these "diehard" fans don't know the answers to these simple questions.

Once a blue, always a blue

ha i do the same! most times i know more about their starting XI than they do.

It's incredible that I feel so connected to a city that I've never visited and a squad I've never seen in person. It is a testament to Everton. As dumb as it sounds, I was chosen, I didn't chose.

I do plan to correct the fact that i haven't been to Liverpool soon. I have been to England twice, but the first time was London and the second time is whatever city is near Stonehenge. (Which looking at the map means I was way closer to Soton than Liverpool!)

It's incredible that I feel so connected to a city that I've never visited and a squad I've never seen in person. It is a testament to Everton. As dumb as it sounds, I was chosen, I didn't chose.

I do plan to correct the fact that i haven't been to Liverpool soon. I have been to England twice, but the first time was London and the second time is whatever city is near Stonehenge. (Which looking at the map means I was way closer to Soton than Liverpool!)

It doesn't sound dumb at all Keith. Glad you've made it to the fold.

That'd be Salisbury; had a mate who went to art college there in my youth, he used to have parties all the time in his shared houses. Happy memories of the place.

It's pretty cheap. It usually cost me about $8/six pack (12 oz. bottles)

It's one of my favorites, so I'm surprised to see that a lot think it's bad! But I guess that's varying tasts in general for you.

But look at what you're comparing it with? Bud Lite? Miller Lite? Gnat's pee would be a favourite in comparison. :)

Pathetic effort. E.

OK then...

In Britain, £5 for 3x660ml = 1980ml

In the US, $8 for 6x12fl.oz.

Since 12 fl.oz = 355ml, $8 for 6x355ml = 2130ml

In Britain, tax on beer is 20%. This makes the net price £4.17 for 1980ml

In the US, tax is extra, so no adjustment is needed: $8.00 for 2130ml

Current exchange rate is $1.00 = £0.68

Hence, in Britain it's £4.17 for 1980ml

In the US, it's £5.44 for 2130 ml

So here's the final comparison...

In Britain, it's £2.11 per litre

In the US, it's £2.55 per litre

Therefore, it costs about 20% more in the US. If it's cheap here, that makes it really cheap in Britain.

OK then...

In Britain, £5 for 3x660ml = 1980ml

In the US, $8 for 6x12fl.oz.

Since 12 fl.oz = 355ml, $8 for 6x355ml = 2130ml

In Britain, tax on beer is 20%. This makes the net price £4.17 for 1980ml

In the US, tax is extra, so no adjustment is needed: $8.00 for 2130ml

Current exchange rate is $1.00 = £0.68

Hence, in Britain it's £4.17 for 1980ml

In the US, it's £5.44 for 2130 ml

So here's the final comparison...

In Britain, it's £2.11 per litre

In the US, it's £2.55 per litre

Therefore, it costs about 20% more in the US. If it's cheap here, that makes it really cheap in Britain.

Thanks mate; I'd have got there in the end but my head would've exploded several times on the way :lol:.