IGNORED

Some info

rubecula

I was going to put this in the "What grinds your gears" thread, but decided against it as it doesn't really. It is just life.

My eyes are failing quite rapidly these days. I can still see but the board in here is horrendously hard to read due to the colour scheme. Blue on white is easy on the eyes apparantly, but I can not see the words very well. Just the way things are I suppose, no point in getting upset about it.

Anyway I will be having more eye surgery soon, it will not improve matters but hopefully it will slow down the deterioration.

(Wish the keyboard was white with black letters like the old ones though, white on black is a bastard)

Well I am not blind (yet) A bit of advice for those of you who are a tad overweight, or feeling lazy.

Diabetes is a bastard, it affects so many of the body's systems. It is the root cause of so many of my problems, so folks do as the doctor tells you while you have the choice. Wait too long and you don't have any.

Well I am not blind (yet) A bit of advice for those of you who are a tad overweight, or feeling lazy.

Diabetes is a bastard, it affects so many of the body's systems. It is the root cause of so many of my problems, so folks do as the doctor tells you while you have the choice. Wait too long and you don't have any.

My wife was diagnosed with type 2 about a year ago; she's had thyroid problems for twenty+ years which has meant her weight has shifted massively up and down over time from less than six stone to nearly fourteen on occasion (84lb to 196lb for you yanks out there). The two problems are related under the "endocrinology" heading. Eyesight is getting worse like yourself Rubes. It's a bugger.

Underactive thyroid here too Mike. Always tired and my stay in hospital a couple of years ago has not helped either. I still can not walk far and as for jogging..... well that is a distant memory now. Sadly, it is too late for me to become the man I once was, but I can make the most of what I have....... now where the hell did I put my box of Quality Street and the Cream Eggs :rofl:

I was going to put this in the "What grinds your gears" thread, but decided against it as it doesn't really. It is just life.

My eyes are failing quite rapidly these days. I can still see but the board in here is horrendously hard to read due to the colour scheme. Blue on white is easy on the eyes apparantly, but I can not see the words very well. Just the way things are I suppose, no point in getting upset about it.

Anyway I will be having more eye surgery soon, it will not improve matters but hopefully it will slow down the deterioration.

(Wish the keyboard was white with black letters like the old ones though, white on black is a bastard)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easy-Contrast-Replacement-Computer-Keyboard/dp/B00TCOCFV2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474376286&sr=8-1&keywords=easy+to+read+keyboard

Might be worth a try mate, not too expensive.

Also, Windows has a built in "magnifying glass" in case it's only size of text that's the issue and not just colour

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11542/windows-use-magnifier