IGNORED

No Premier B teams, no Rangers/Celtic

The Guardian

EFL puts definitive end to controversial plan to include Premier League B teams

• Governing body also closes door on Celtic and Rangers joining league
• League One and Two clubs reject idea of taking part in winter break

The 72 Football League clubs have definitively ruled out the prospect of Premier League B teams playing them in league football or Rangers and Celtic joining them as part of a planned revamp.

Really informative article here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/22/efl-rules-out-including-premier-league-b-teams-in-plans-for-new-league-structure

End phrase took my attention

"The mechanism for arriving at the new structure via promotion and relegation in the 2018-19 season is still to be decided. At its most extreme it could mean seven teams being relegated from the Championship that season and three coming up from League One. More likely is some form of compromise whereby fewer teams are relegated."

Thoughts?

We're Everton Dave, I think we've only got two members who were alive when we were last out of the top flight so it's of no significance to us; go and ask some Chelsea, United, Spurs or City fans (Liverpool were division two when I was born), they have more knowledge of the lower leagues than we do B).

I don't really see the point of it in all honesty; four divisions of twenty teams? OK but the Conference is already the fifth tier so I don't really see what difference it'll make.

business as usual as it should be. the Championship is well attended and watched and sponsered, no reason to mess with that. As far as Rangers and Celtic, if the SPL entire structure wanted to mesh with the English FA that would make sense, that way Aberdeen and Hearts would have just as much chance to make it to the Premier league, but just choosing 2 teams is stupid in my opinion.

I don't think they have ruled out Rangers & Celtic moving to the Conference? Whether they would be prepared to do that and take several years to get to the Premiership is another matter. Currently. Celtic would struggle to get out of the Championship, Rangers would struggle to get into the Championship.

I don't think they have ruled out Rangers & Celtic moving to the Conference? Whether they would be prepared to do that and take several years to get to the Premiership is another matter. Currently. Celtic would struggle to get out of the Championship, Rangers would struggle to get into the Championship.

I agree, i don't think either would make it out of the championship. but on the flip side the money in the championship (barring champs league) might be better than what they get with the SPL.

What about, if we have 5 leagues of 20 (because I understand the idea is 8 new Conference teams coming in to make it 100):

Premier League

Championship

League Div 1

League Div 2 North - League Div 2 South

??

Then the 'poorer' clubs would have more derby matches and less distance to travel!

Appreciate that with your prestigious history you live on a different planet to us Reading fans!

Yeah id be fine with it. No premier league b teams though, the loan system works fine instead of that. I'd be ok with some Scottish teams joining as well but it would have to be all or nothing, either combine the leagues and best of luck or don't.

Id be pissed off if the Scottish teams were allowed to join. Why should they be allowed to come in and cream off the English leagues marketability, and take money away from established English clubs, because their league is fucking woeful and can't attract high-paying sponsors? Nah, fuck them.

Id be pissed off if the Scottish teams were allowed to join. Why should they be allowed to come in and cream off the English leagues marketability, and take money away from established English clubs, because their league is fucking woeful and can't attract high-paying sponsors? Nah, fuck them.

To be honest Romey Celtic hearts ranger might be in the championship but I'd expect the rest of the clubs in the last division and most in the semi-pro leagues. So it really wouldn't affect things much.

weve got Welsh teams, why not Scottish?

weve got Welsh teams, why not Scottish?

Are they just coming in now because our leagues are rich as fuck compared to their uncompetitive shit stain leagues? Nope. They came in donkeys ago and worked their way through. Celtic and Rangers want to be catapulted in because they want a piece of the pie and their league doesn't line their pockets. I'd rather those clubs die than they come here and two established clubs lose out just for their greed.

To be honest Romey Celtic hearts ranger might be in the championship but I'd expect the rest of the clubs in the last division and most in the semi-pro leagues. So it really wouldn't affect things much.

Course it would. Whatever league those clubs end up in means that established clubs will miss out. I follow Rangers, and I really like them and want them to do well. But I want them to do well in Scotland, I don't want them anywhere near our leagues.

Are they just coming in now because our leagues are rich as fuck compared to their uncompetitive shit stain leagues? Nope. They came in donkeys ago and worked their way through. Celtic and Rangers want to be catapulted in because they want a piece of the pie and their league doesn't line their pockets. I'd rather those clubs die than they come here and two established clubs lose out just for their greed.

i don't agree with them waltzing in, they should work their way up. Talks of Celtic and Rangers coming to the league has been around for well over a decade to my knowledge, the fact the TV money has gotten ridiculous in the meantime shouldn't factor into it